With the pre- load being up (yay) and everyone on steam being able to pre-load, does that mean on release day the update to actually play the game should be relatively small?
I am just wondering because I do not have the fastest internet and would love to be able to play right away on the 26th. And I hear people saying that the game is actually 18 gigs... but the download is actually only 6 gigs, I won't have to download 12 more gigs on 26th, right?

Thanks for the help. 

And I hear people saying that the game is actually 18 gigs... but the download is actually only 6 gigs, I won't have to download 12 more gigs on 26th, right?

The download is only 6 gigs because its compressed, the installer will install the whole game and that will be 18 gigs.

So no, ofcourse you wont have to download another 12 gigabyte.

Keep in mind however, as others already stated here, that there will probably be a day 1 patch. That might be up to 1-2 gigabytes (since as far as I know, Pillars of Eternity patches aren't very efficient on steam).

Edited by Slish

And I hear people saying that the game is actually 18 gigs... but the download is actually only 6 gigs, I won't have to download 12 more gigs on 26th, right?

The download is only 6 gigs because its compressed, the installer will install the whole game and that will be 18 gigs.

So no, ofcourse you wont have to download another 12 gigabyte.

Keep in mind however, as others already stated here, that there will probably be a day 1 patch. That might be up to 1-2 gigabytes (since as far as I know, Pillars of Eternity patches aren't very efficient on steam).

I can deal with 1 gb, that isn't too bad. :)

How come they can already predict a day 1 patch?

Edited by like00111

Because a game goes gold weeks before release, at which time the content is locked. This gives the devs that much time to keep polishing and bug fixing before release, which then gets released as a day 1 patch.

Because a game goes gold weeks before release, at which time the content is locked. This gives the devs that much time to keep polishing and bug fixing before release, which then gets released as a day 1 patch.

Makes sense... Thanks :)

There's also going to be a Day 1 patch.

any idea on the size of that one?

Nope. But from what I understand, it's not insignificant.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle