Official Keys Thread v 1.01

I have decided on 2 x 2, much like Noah's Ark.

haha you doofus. ...please don't report me!

In all seriousness, I can't imagine what people can do with the extra keys other than give them away.  I guess if you have multiple personalities, you might use them all.  ...Or if you want to play PoE with your wife.  Of course, there's nothing like both playing the single player game together at different computers.

For my part, if I *hadn't* already earmarked my extra copies, I would actually be tempted to use one of the keys just so I could get an early start while waiting for my box.  <.<

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I have decided on 2 x 2, much like Noah's Ark.

haha you doofus. ...please don't report me!

In all seriousness, I can't imagine what people can do with the extra keys other than give them away.  I guess if you have multiple personalities, you might use them all.  ...Or if you want to play PoE with your wife.  Of course, there's nothing like both playing the single player game together at different computers.

For my part, if I *hadn't* already earmarked my extra copies, I would actually be tempted to use one of the keys just so I could get an early start while waiting for my box.  <.<

Well, I want to be a Good Guy (re: Street Cred lulz), but I also want to donate at least on or two copies to DBFH for the children.

#FirstWorldProblems

If you run into any issues over the (Southern California) night and nobody is in the thread, just send an email to support@obsidian.net.

Morning dew on my windshield is a constant irritation. I've tried contacting God, but, it keeps happening.

The 'World' is not an Obsidian game. (though they might be contracted to do the sequel, but that's just a rumor at the moment) So contacting support@obsidian.net will get you nowhere. Trust me, I've tried.

So you'll just have to stop whining and wait for God to release the next patch.

Is anyone else missing his Wasteland 2 key from the Products page? I hadn't still used mine as I already had one from the Wasteland 2 kickstarter and was waiting to gift this one to a friend, but now in the products there's only the key for PoE.

Well, I want to be a Good Guy (re: Street Cred lulz), but I also want to donate at least on or two copies to DBFH for the children.

#FirstWorldProblems

Okay, last one, I swear. We'll set up our own charity, allow people to donate their extra copies, and then airlift them to *third world countries* as part of the Obsidian Initiative. I'll head it since, clearly, I'm so far down I *can't* get street cred. It'll be our inside joke. lol

Anyhow, to get back to topic, happy days to all who feared the lack of keys! Huzzah! In the morning, when we get up, it'll be just like Christmas. We'll get up, go to our computers, and play... wait! We fought over all that and we can't even play it until the 26th?! Still, it was good for a laugh, so no harm no foul. Just a measly 34 more hours!

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Even if the digital goodies are out, i assume GoG won'T have them quick as steam. I'm guessing at least 24hours after steam right?

Yeah, GOG doesn't really have a way to pre-load, so it'll be available once they make it live. I believe everything is ready for it to go on time still FWIIW (9 AM PST / 17:00 CET on Thursday).

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Is anyone else missing his Wasteland 2 key from the Products page? I hadn't still used mine as I already had one from the Wasteland 2 kickstarter and was waiting to gift this one to a friend, but now in the products there's only the key for PoE.

Hi Curunwe, please try again. Is it still not visible?

• Like 3

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Mine is now back!

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Any update on when phyiscal goods will be shipping?

Update on that should be coming up in the next few days. Obsidian (and Paradox) decided to air freight the rewards to Europe to try and get the rewards to backers faster. it is more expensive, but we are trying to get people their goods as fast as possible.

Wow! This actually really surprises me! I did *not* expect Obsidian and Paradox to go through all that extra expense. That, right there, tells me how much you guys care about your backers.

I don't get anything--I didn't purchase any physical rewards--but kudos to Obsidian, that's badass.

Well, to be fair, we did all pay for the shipping; I don't know the package size/weight to estimate an actual shipping cost, but if it's more than the $30 (to the UK, at least), I'd be quite surprised.

Everything besides the documentary, novella, and obviously the expansion :) will be up on Thursday 9AM PST / 17:00 CET.

How come the novella also won't be there? I was hoping to read it over the weekend :) (no big deal, mind you—I'm just curious).

To Obsidian: Congratulations on launching Pillars of Eternity, and many, many, endless thanks for bringing back isometric party-based cRPGs! Additional, countless thanks for managing our pledges and rewards—God knows how much work you must have put into that, and you got bashed more often than thanked for it. Kudos and love to you!

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So all the rage and anger were misplaced huh.. Who would have guessed. I just preloaded my game in 4 minutes. Hell, it went so fast, I couldn't enjoy the cohiba and scotch I prepared. Oh well, guess I'll have that much more for when I start the game. Life is good!

• Like 2

Update on that should be coming up in the next few days. Obsidian (and Paradox) decided to air freight the rewards to Europe to try and get the rewards to backers faster. it is more expensive, but we are trying to get people their goods as fast as possible.

Wow! This actually really surprises me! I did *not* expect Obsidian and Paradox to go through all that extra expense. That, right there, tells me how much you guys care about your backers.

I don't get anything--I didn't purchase any physical rewards--but kudos to Obsidian, that's badass.

Well, to be fair, we did all pay for the shipping; I don't know the package size/weight to estimate an actual shipping cost, but if it's more than the $30 (to the UK, at least), I'd be quite surprised.

I wouldn't be. Especially since Obsidian is in California on the West Coast; California is pretty damn far from Britain. Of course it depends on exactly where you are, how many items your getting, etc. Are there import duties to consider? Etc. I don't know what the total cost of shipping commercially to Britain would be, to be honest.

But I don't imagine it's cheap.

I wouldn't be. Especially since Obsidian is in California on the West Coast; California is pretty damn far from Britain. Of course it depends on exactly where you are, how many items your getting, etc. Are there import duties to consider? Etc. I don't know what the total cost of shipping commercially to Britain would be, to be honest.

But I don't imagine it's cheap.

There are import duties, yes (well, VAT), but I'll be the one paying them when the package arrives (and hopefully not doing so a second time when the disc arrives).  I've shipped some things back and forth before, and so long as the dimensions and weight are within certain bounds, it's actually surprisingly affordable, even non-commercially; my assumption is that the shipping cost we were given was just an average meant to cover the higher costs for shipping to other countries.

Mine is now back!

Mine too, I think we're good!

So all the rage and anger were misplaced huh.. Who would have guessed. I just preloaded my game in 4 minutes. Hell, it went so fast, I couldn't enjoy the cohiba and scotch I prepared. Oh well, guess I'll have that much more for when I start the game. Life is good!

Your internet connection is ridiculous, buddy; there I was all happy with my 45 minute preload :D

Your internet connection is ridiculous, buddy; there I was all happy with my 45 minute preload :D

Mine took, like, 10 minutes total.