Official Keys Thread v 1.01

Any word on when the documentary will be finished and ready to watch? I understand they're adding the release party to it anyway, so I was just curious when I can stream it.

Hi Katarack, I don't know quite yet personally - the rest of the crew is off to our company release party tonight, but I'm here! :) What I'm sure we'll do is put out a backer update on it in the next week or so with an update as to when it will be released. We'd like it wrapped up ASAP while PoE is fresh!

• Like 2

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

- the rest of the crew is off to our company release party tonight, but I'm here! :) What I'm sure we'll do is put out a backer update on it in the next week or so with an update as to when it will be released. We'd like it wrapped up ASAP while PoE is fresh!

So you're this guy then, right?

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Any word on when the documentary will be finished and ready to watch? I understand they're adding the release party to it anyway, so I was just curious when I can stream it.

Hi Katarack, I don't know quite yet personally - the rest of the crew is off to our company release party tonight, but I'm here! :) What I'm sure we'll do is put out a backer update on it in the next week or so with an update as to when it will be released. We'd like it wrapped up ASAP while PoE is fresh!

That's legit. Thanks for the response. :)

• Like 1

Darren while you are here can you comment on when the KS physical goods shipped to backers, or if they have yet?  What carrier was used and can we expect tracking info on the backer portal at some point?

I don't get how tier mappings work, I got two hero edition keys despite my pledge (post-kickstarter) being for $132

Hi Myrten, the type of key you get is based on which tier you purchased, not how much money you put in if that makes sense. You can review this by visiting your Orders tab on your Account Profile. Click on the order(s) you have there, and there's a "What does this include?" link under the tier choice you made that will show you what comes with the tier you chose, as well as list any addons you picked up.

My order looks like this:

zk7Eb33.png

I understand your reasoning, but I must say this whole thing is a bit confusing in general ;)

BTW is strategy guide in pdf or website format? (It would also be very cool if it could be release early ;)

Hi Nick, please refresh and give it a shot - it should be listed there for you now. It just needed to be converted to the newer Paradox SKU type to appear. Thanks and apologies.

Hi Darren,

Thank you!

Edited by Webslinger

23u4g7t.jpg

So, ppl is angry because they dont have a key that is useless right now, i mean, yeah sure, you can install the game with that now, but you can't play until 26, so why this all this rage?

People is insane...

Some people with slow connections would want to start pre-loading now. Especially if the alternative is them going to sleep and starting pre-loading in 8 hours. That's pretty much it I think...

Pretty much this, I NEVER posted here till now, I have waited , watched and more, it would be nice to have it loaded like reg purchases. Kinda sucks but I will live sure.

Hi guys,

I don't get it. I pledged at the $165 tier during the Kickstarter campaign:

capture8pn7iate1j.png

And now on my backer portal I have two games or editions of the game and was able to generate a Steam key for both...

capture2sqav6d0hot.png

^ HUH??? :)

So... what I did so far is I only registered the Royal Edition on Steam since that seems to be the higher tier, right? But... why do I also have a key for a Hero Edition? Should I register that key on Steam as well? If so is it "safe" or will my already registered Royal Edition get downgraded to a Hero Edition? What's up with having these several versions? Please advise... thanks! :)

Edited by Moriendor

Hi guys,

I don't get it. I pledged at the $165 tier during the Kickstarter campaign:

capture8pn7iate1j.png

And now on my backer portal I have two games or editions of the game and was able to generate a Steam key for both...

capture2sqav6d0hot.png

So... what I did so far is I only registered the Royal Edition on Steam since that seems to be the higher tier, right? But... why do I also have a key for a Hero Edition? Should I register that key on Steam as well? If so is it "safe" or will my already registered Royal Edition get downgraded to a Hero Edition? What's up with having these several versions? Please advise... thanks! :)

give it to your dear friend :)

Your tier entitles you to two copies of the game. What Obs did is try to map what your tier gave with what is included with the different versions. With your tier, the closest they could come is with a Royal Edition and a Hero Edition. There may also be a couple things not included in those two combined that you'll have to grab from the backer portal as well.

Just to be sure.  I just generated a Steam Code.  The Retail Pack will come with a box that has a different copy of the game, yes?  One that can be DRM free.

I keep asking this question, to which I never get an answer.

I preloaded my hero edition copy and I keep getting an error for the last 2% on the steam it says that it is still encrypted i assume its still doing that foor the last 2% cause it actually releases tmw but I just want to make sure. Anyone else have this problem?

Hi Barras, that's correct - it should go away tomorrow after the launch time. :)

• Like 1

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Just to be sure.  I just generated a Steam Code.  The Retail Pack will come with a box that has a different copy of the game, yes?  One that can be DRM free.

Answer incoming!

The physical backer versions come with a DRM-free unprotected, no distribution platform version of the game. It's the game fresh off of our internal servers with no additives or preservatives. :)

Not to be confused with the retail versions you can buy in a store - those are Steam copies, but we're not sending those to backers.

• Like 2

Answer incoming!

The physical backer versions come with a DRM-free unprotected, no distribution platform version of the game. It's the game fresh off of our internal servers with no additives or preservatives. :)

Not to be confused with the retail versions you can buy in a store - those are Steam copies, but we're not sending those to backers.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!   I was trying to delete that post AFTER I found your answer AFTER posting that, after scrolling through the threads.   Note to self: Read thread to end before posting.

Thank you. Twice!

Edited by yaggaz

If someone upgrades his or her Kickstarter Hero edition to the Royal edition via Steam, will he or she lose out on the Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item?

And will the new Steam game description indicate that the game is now not a Kickstarter edition?

23u4g7t.jpg

I'm a bit late to the party it seems, but I'm a bit confused regarding the keys that you get with certain tiers: the 165$ tier included two keys, are they supposed to be an hero edition and a royal one or should they both be a royal one?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by Raeldion