Official Keys Thread v 1.01

Thanks.

Come on you know you want to release it earlier *hint* *hint* *wink* *wink* *begins jedi mind trick*

I wish we could :( I very much wanted to release it yesterday for you guys, but unfortunately with how Steam and GOG work, you can only have one official release date and time. The version press folks are playing is effectively a "locked" version that behaves in a more limited manner than an official release version (e.g., friends can't see you playing it, it's patched as a separate build, etc). This would still work differently than expected after the release date and would require us to send out a second batch of keys for the "official" version which we felt was very confusing.

We definitely hear you guys though and had good intentions; we just couldn't realize them without a lot of strangeness for you. :(

Aww, thanks for considering it even if it didn't work out, buddy; that was really nice of you.

Is anyone else struggling to get a steam key? When I click steam and generate key, all I get is a "something went wrong" error message.  Have tried it 10 times now and no dice.  I will be fairly annoyed if after all these years I should have just waited to buy it on steam the day before.

Is anyone else struggling to get a steam key? When I click steam and generate key, all I get is a "something went wrong" error message.  Have tried it 10 times now and no dice.  I will be fairly annoyed if after all these years I should have just waited to buy it on steam the day before.

Try logging out, clear your browser cache, then logging back in. If that has no effect, I'd recommend contacting Support.

I just want to mention that paypal backers did not get an email notifying them keys are available yet (not that it matters for me, I was F5'ing the page today and saw my key.. so yeah

nobody got a notification, we all just F5'd away

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I just want to mention that paypal backers did not get an email notifying them keys are available yet (not that it matters for me, I was F5'ing the page today and saw my key.. so yeah

None of use receive any email...

Yes i know, my english sux.

None of use receive any email...

EMAIL was like Cake.

Got home 2:30 PM EDT. Logged in to Obsidian. Saw I could generate key. Went to Steam and had Preload done in 22 minutes :). Too bad I have work tomorrow . Can someone tell me how to get the 2nd key we were promised since the DVD is going to be late? I pledged at $65 level. 1 boxed edition and 1 download.

Ed

Got home 2:30 PM EDT. Logged in to Obsidian. Saw I could generate key. Went to Steam and had Preload done in 22 minutes original.gif. Too bad I have work tomorrow . Can someone tell me how to get the 2nd key we were promised since the DVD is going to be late? I pledged at $65 level. 1 boxed edition and 1 download.

Ed

Based on a dev quote from last night, your backer boxed edition needs no key. So...only the one key is needed in your case. :)

For the boxed copies, this is how it works:

- Backer boxed copies all contain unprotected versions of the game. No Steam, SecuROM or anything else. If the planet is overrun by a zombie apocalypse, and you happen to live in Alexandria and have a modernish PC with a DVD-ROM drive, you'll still be able to play Eternity without any initial online connections! We will have loose patches available for this version once it's released too, that can be downloaded from our site.

- Boxed copies that will be sold in stores will be Steam versions.

In order to make sure physical backers who still wanted Steam and/or to play on March 26th, we added a digital key to accounts who didn't get one, so everyone could play on launch.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The game's official launch is at 9 AM PST / 17:00 CET. Almost 24 hours away... :)

In case anyone's confused like I was, it's 9AM PDT/4PM GMT/5PM CET.

The US changes from PST to PDT on the second Sunday in March; the UK and Europe change from GMT/CET/whatevs to BST/CEST/etc on the last Sunday in March. So for these three weeks, it's a 7hr difference between California and the UK rather than the usual 8hr one. Hooray, timezones.

Edited by coffeetable
  • Like 1

The game's official launch is at 9 AM PST / 17:00 CET. Almost 24 hours away... :)

In case anyone's confused like I was, it's 9AM PDT/4PM GMT/5PM CET.

The US changes from PST to PDT on the second Sunday in March; the UK and Europe change from GMT/CET/whatevs to BST/CEST/etc on the last Sunday in March. So for these three weeks, it's a 7hr difference between California and the UK rather than the usual 8hr one. Hooray, timezones.

This is the best news I've heard all week.  I get to play an hour earlier than I thought!

play only from Russia territory

I'm sorry  but locking games so that they can't be played outside of a country XY is totally fraked up. What if I am on vacation in another country? What if I moved to another country for good? What if I am on a business trip? Huh?

Steam forums are full of complaints in regard to this issue. And no, not only from people who got cheap RU copies. It's ridiculous and anti-consumer policy

Let's then tag Mexican, Brazilian and other countries gifts\keys as onlyrunincountryX coz they are too cheaper than US or EU versions.

...... or maybe we could learn a thing or two from GOG.

Edited by Meretrelle

So has anyone found that your backer pledge tier does not match the pillars of eternity edition that you can redeem? What i mean by this is I pledged the "Retail Pack" tier during the kickstarter phase which includes all items in the Royal Edition. However my account states I can only redeem a key for the "Kickstarter Champion Edition" which does not include every that is listed in my pledge.

I'm very hesistant to redeem a key through steam because of this. I did send a support ticket to Obsidian, but I am curious to know if anyone else encountered this or knows any more information that I am not aware of. Did I even make sense explaining this? Thanks!

So has anyone found that your backer pledge tier does not match the pillars of eternity edition that you can redeem? What i mean by this is I pledged the "Retail Pack" tier during the kickstarter phase which includes all items in the Royal Edition. However my account states I can only redeem a key for the "Kickstarter Champion Edition" which does not include every that is listed in my pledge.

I'm very hesistant to redeem a key through steam because of this. I did send a support ticket to Obsidian, but I am curious to know if anyone else encountered this or knows any more information that I am not aware of. Did I even make sense explaining this? Thanks!

No need to worry, and you can go ahead and redeem through Steam. Any digital assets "missing" from your Steam edition will appear in your backer portal (they haven't unlocked yet); any physical assets will still be sent out by mail.

Had to try three times just now to generate my Steam key. :lol:

...forgot about the Wasteland game. Not sure if/when I'll get around to that so I think I'll put that one on GoG. *mumbling to herself*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

...forgot about the Wasteland game. Not sure if/when I'll get around to that so I think I'll put that one on GoG. *mumbling to herself*

That one, I thought, was really fun. Shame you forgot about that. Would have been a great was to pass time while waiting for PoE to release.

I don't get how tier mappings work, I got two hero edition keys despite my pledge (post-kickstarter) being for $132

Hi Myrten, the type of key you get is based on which tier you purchased, not how much money you put in if that makes sense. You can review this by visiting your Orders tab on your Account Profile. Click on the order(s) you have there, and there's a "What does this include?" link under the tier choice you made that will show you what comes with the tier you chose, as well as list any addons you picked up.

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Do you know if I can override my press version with the release version? (I'm going to use GOG for my Royal edition and hopefully Steam for my el cheapo key).

BAdler wasn't sure.

Hi Sensuki, try redeeming your key and if you run into any problems, contact us via Support (along with your Steam name) and we'll work with Steam to get you set up.

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Hi DrakeNZ, I checked out your account and it looks like you were able to redeem your key. Sorry for the inconvenience - not sure what was happening there...

play only from Russia territory

I'm sorry  but locking games so that they can't be played outside of a country XY is totally fraked up. What if I am on vacation in another country? What if I moved to another country for good? What if I am on a business trip? Huh?

Steam forums are full of complaints in regard to this issue. And no, not only from people who got cheap RU copies. It's ridiculous and anti-consumer policy

Let's then tag Mexican, Brazilian and other countries gifts\keys as onlyrunincountryX coz they are too cheaper than US or EU versions.

...... or maybe we could learn a thing or two from GOG.

Hi Meretrelle, talking with the good folks at Paradox today, they said that how it will work is that keys bought from a certain region have to first be activated in the region the keys were assigned to, but can then be used anywhere, so your vacation example should be very possible. Backers get worldwide keys (but they aren't for sale otherwise, so they shouldn't be subject to gray market sales.)

Hi Raeya,

The reason for that specific tier is because the Royal edition actually comes with the strategy guide too, which unfortunately isn't part of the $50 tier. All of the other items will be available on the Backer Portal shortly though. We originally weren't planning to have the Steam and GOG bundles for backers because Paradox's SKU's don't match up 1:1 to what ours were, but we did our best to match them up as much as we could, and for some tiers it doesn't cross over as nicely as we would have hoped, just because of the strat guide. :(