Official Keys Thread v 1.01

I have the impression from this thread that most people have keys available to be generated through the backer portal already. I don't, so I'm curious as to whether this is an anomaly worth making a support ticket out of, or if I just need to be a little more patient.

Assuming that you are entitled to a key (almost certainly the case), then yeah, you should open a support ticket -- all game keys for all platforms should be available at this point.

I'd review the sticky message at the top of the forums to ensure that you are following the correct procedure to claim your key first, just to be on the safe side.

I just got a email from Greenmangaming with my game key, so all you folks who bought it from there check your mail. ;)

purchased my game from them back in Nov. No emails yet. Hope soon.

ps.

They just sent mine a few mins ago. Glad to know as I ordered a while ago. Pre-loading now.

Edited by middydj

I have the impression from this thread that most people have keys available to be generated through the backer portal already. I don't, so I'm curious as to whether this is an anomaly worth making a support ticket out of, or if I just need to be a little more patient.

Hi Gaesadair, looking at your account, I don't see a pledge linked to your account. You'd need to visit the Backer Portal first, link your pledge, and then complete your pledge order there. Feel free to contact us at support@obsidian.net for assistance as well.

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

I just got a email from Greenmangaming with my game key, so all you folks who bought it from there check your mail. ;)

purchased my game from them back in Nov. No emails yet. Hope soon.

Just hang in there, I'm sure you'll be getting it pretty soon. :)

I have a problem guys - I backed the 165$ tier, including 2 keys. I just redeemed my own Royal edition on steam for preloading, but the King edition key seems to be not working for my friend

what can be done here?

Hi ComMcNeil, please contact our Support. If you can send us as much detail about what your friend is seeing (e.g., exact error messages) when he enters his key, that'll help us when we contact Steam about it. Also, what country he's in and what platform he's trying to redeem for (Windows/Mac/Linux.)

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

hm.. I opened thread about my problem,did you saw it?

I said I changed my mail,and my old account contain my mail for my Key and Asked to move it to this account..

Edited by JackQ

Hi Gaesadair, looking at your account, I don't see a pledge linked to your account. You'd need to visit the Backer Portal first, link your pledge, and then complete your pledge order there. Feel free to contact us at support@obsidian.net for assistance as well.

Turns out I'm an idiot with two obsidian.net accounts; my keys were available on the other one which I did not remember existed. It's a long time since I pledged, after all.

Thanks.

Come on you know you want to release it earlier *hint* *hint* *wink* *wink* *begins jedi mind trick*

I wish we could :( I very much wanted to release it yesterday for you guys, but unfortunately with how Steam and GOG work, you can only have one official release date and time. The version press folks are playing is effectively a "locked" version that behaves in a more limited manner than an official release version (e.g., friends can't see you playing it, it's patched as a separate build, etc). This would still work differently than expected after the release date and would require us to send out a second batch of keys for the "official" version which we felt was very confusing.

We definitely hear you guys though and had good intentions; we just couldn't realize them without a lot of strangeness for you. :(

• Like 4

Do you know if I can override my press version with the release version? (I'm going to use GOG for my Royal edition and hopefully Steam for my el cheapo key).

BAdler wasn't sure.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

Thanks.

Come on you know you want to release it earlier *hint* *hint* *wink* *wink* *begins jedi mind trick*

I wish we could :( I very much wanted to release it yesterday for you guys, but unfortunately with how Steam and GOG work, you can only have one official release date and time. The version press folks are playing is effectively a "locked" version that behaves in a more limited manner than an official release version (e.g., friends can't see you playing it, it's patched as a separate build, etc). This would still work differently than expected after the release date and would require us to send out a second batch of keys for the "official" version which we felt was very confusing.

We definitely hear you guys though and had good intentions; we just couldn't realize them without a lot of strangeness for you. :(

How about updating backer beta to full game ;)?

I have a problem guys - I backed the 165$ tier, including 2 keys. I just redeemed my own Royal edition on steam for preloading, but the King edition key seems to be not working for my friend

what can be done here?

Hi ComMcNeil, please contact our Support. If you can send us as much detail about what your friend is seeing (e.g., exact error messages) when he enters his key, that'll help us when we contact Steam about it. Also, what country he's in and what platform he's trying to redeem for (Windows/Mac/Linux.)

Will do, thanks

I had ordered an extra copy for a friend and shot him the link last night when he wasn't around. This morning I got an ecstatic message indicating he was pleased with his new game (and describing his joy in ways that were slightly disturbing). Needless to say there are lots of us who are practically passing out from excitement and anticipation for this game!

• Like 3

Thanks Obsidian.  Long time fan, and have stayed away from the development of POE in order to have a fresh new experience.  Portal works great, obtained steam key, downloading now.  Looking forward to the physical box.  I've glanced at the forum and the assorted complaints/whine and am puzzled.  For me this is how a kickstarter should work.  Hope you guys keep making isometric CRPGs for years to come, keep those fantastic lines of communication open.  I tip my 10 gallon hat of holding....

• Like 1

what can be done here?

Will do, thanks

shameless self quote, but if Darren Monohan reads this: The problem was a "user error" on his part -_- so my submitted ticket can be disregarded, found unfortunately no way to directly close it

thank you nevertheless!

• Like 1

I have a question, is it too late for me to get an extra key for $25 through the backer portal? I have a friend who desperately wants to play as soon as it's out but is coming up a few bucks short on the $45 asking price on steam/gog. Just wanted to see if I could pick up a copy for him at a discount. I already redeemed and preloaded my own.

I have a question, is it too late for me to get an extra key for $25 through the backer portal? I have a friend who desperately wants to play as soon as it's out but is coming up a few bucks short on the $45 asking price on steam/gog. Just wanted to see if I could pick up a copy for him at a discount. I already redeemed and preloaded my own.

check the backer portal. but i think since they started giving the keys, the add on function for backers has stopped

Yes you can still buy extra copies on the backer portal

Tried purchasing it and it went through, got the extra key right away, my buddy's losing his mind now that he gets to play it tomorrow. Thanks!

• Like 2

So I was just about ready to rage, seeing as I backed the game immediately without any thought.  Then the day before it comes out I still hadn't gotten a key.  My friend who couldn't have cared bought it on Steam when it went on sale and is ready to go.  So I came on here to find either an explanation or more raging.  I found the raging, but no explanation, and an extra 20 pages.  I just to the end to find people preloading, and I still have no email.

What do I do at this point?  I check My Products again.  What do I find there?  A prompt waiting for me to generate a key.  No idea what's up with the emails, but I'm sufficiently content that I'll be able to preload and be playing by tomorrow.  Huzzah.