Official Keys Thread v 1.01

OK. I pledged for the $65 boxed edition. Which digital edition am I supposed to get with that? I got Champion, but my Order Summary says I should be getting digital items from the Royal Edition. How does it work?

Edited by norolim
  • Like 1

OK. I pledged for the $65 boxed edition. Which digital edition am I supposed to get with that? I got Champion, but my Order Summary says I should be getting digital items from the Royal Edition. How does it work?

well i have the same thing. i pledged for the $50 digital edition. i should get the royal edition but i got the champion edition instead.

The extra items will show up in the backer portal, most of them in the next day or two.

well i have the same thing. i pledged for the $50 digital edition. i should get the royal edition but i got the champion edition instead.

Hi guys, the Royal edition includes the strat guide, but that's not in the $50 digital edition or the $65 boxed edition, unfortunately. The other redeemable items will be available on your Products tab on or by Thursday.

• Like 1

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

I'm a happy squirrel right now. As soon as I get home today, I'll redeem the game code I got, download and start playing. :dancing:

The only thing left for me to do now is -- decide whether I want the GOG or Steam version. Most of my games are on Steam, so I'm leaning towards that, but then again GOG isn't bad either. Decisions, decisions... :geek:

• Like 1

FdSm3p1.png

Email from Obsidian:

We will be notifying backers very soon when they can start getting their keys through the Products Tab of their Account Profile. Once you receive that email you will be able to go to the Products Tab of your Account Profile (https://eternity.obsidian.net/account/products) and click on the Pillars of Eternity link. From there a dialog pop-up will come up asking you which platform you would like to have the key for (GoG or Steam). After you make your choice, you will be given your key and be good to go! If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you for your support and we look forward to you playing the game in just two days!

Never got a email yet...but saw people on steam were preloading it...so I changed(checked) my account page and it generated it for me. My email info is current.

Edited by Sheytan

Hi guys, the Royal edition includes the strat guide, but that's not in the $50 digital edition or the $65 boxed edition, unfortunately. The other redeemable items will be available on your Products tab on or by Thursday.

Both are good, pretty much the only two I use. Most of my games are on Steam though, used to hate it...like it now :p

So all the rage and anger were misplaced huh.. Who would have guessed. I just preloaded my game in 4 minutes. Hell, it went so fast, I couldn't enjoy the cohiba and scotch I prepared. Oh well, guess I'll have that much more for when I start the game. Life is good!

Your internet connection is ridiculous, buddy; there I was all happy with my 45 minute preload :D

I am blessed with very fast internet. =) 45 minutes is all good thou. You'll get the full play-at-launch experience, we all wish for. ^_^ So prepare your favorite setup of consumables. Put on your finest suit, and enjoy! :D

To devs: Maybe change russian steam keys and add lock for activate and play only from Russia territory ? Lots of key  resellers and keys shop offering PoE steam keys for 14-15 $ ?  From GMG cheaters can buy PoE (russian ip) for 12,5$ ?(ROW version?)

• Like 1

Everything besides the documentary, novella, and obviously the expansion :) will be up on Thursday 9AM PST / 17:00 CET.

How come the novella also won't be there? I was hoping to read it over the weekend :) (no big deal, mind you—I'm just curious).

To Obsidian: Congratulations on launching Pillars of Eternity, and many, many, endless thanks for bringing back isometric party-based cRPGs! Additional, countless thanks for managing our pledges and rewards—God knows how much work you must have put into that, and you got bashed more often than thanked for it. Kudos and love to you!

Save the scotch for the game novice alchemist!

To devs: Maybe change russian steam keys and add lock for activate and play only from Russia territory ? Lots of key  resellers and keys shop offering PoE steam keys for 14-15 $ ?  From GMG cheaters can buy PoE (russian ip) for 12,5$ ?(ROW version?)

Thank you Asmo, we'll pass this along!

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

So all the rage and anger were misplaced huh.. Who would have guessed. I just preloaded my game in 4 minutes. Hell, it went so fast, I couldn't enjoy the cohiba and scotch I prepared. Oh well, guess I'll have that much more for when I start the game. Life is good!

Your internet connection is ridiculous, buddy; there I was all happy with my 45 minute preload :D

I was thinking the same thing, I'm in Canada and I'm still stuck waiting 30 minutes for the preload.  Not like it really matters or anything, since I can't play it but I'll tell ya...I wouldn't mind having internet that fast. :p

Thank you Asmo, we'll pass this along!

Looking at the usual CD-key trade sites, they're hammering fast on the price.  I can see two sites offering "gifting and regional UK/RU" keys for $11 already.  As a backer, I'd like Obsidian to get their moneys worth from those that didn't back.

• Like 4

Thanks Mashiki! I've passed this along to the folks at Paradox. Hopefully that's something they can lock down quickly!

Be nice considering some of us paid a pound of flesh to see this get made via Kickstarter. How is that possible anyway?

• Like 1

thanks for the answer

got my keys. a royal edition for steam and a hero on gog

now i was wondering. my ks tier included the expansion. will i get an expansion key per game key when available or only one expansion key and will have to choose which version of the game to update?

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.