Official Keys Thread v 1.01

Bit confused. Are digital orders in a different area or are they linked to the download? It's late at night, don't look at me like that.

Which digital orders?  Things like the almanac and stuff like that?  If so, that hasn't been released yet.  I believe someone mentioned about it being released either on the 25th, or when the game goes live on the 26th.  Right now the only digital thing released is the key claiming.

This really messed me up. I expected to have my digital cookbook downloaded by now. I even planned a big dinner party to celebrate, in which I had planned to feature some of the dishes from the cookbook.

Since I didn't have any recipes to work with, I just had to serve everyone dry toast! Any hopes I might have had to become a master chef are ruined. Thanks a LOT Obsidian! verymad.gif

Just grab any ol' thing from the White that Wends and slap it on the grill. Cooking problem solved.

Anyhow, how quickly tears turn to laughter in a thread dedicated to Key angst.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Done!

Game Preloaded on my computer.

Now what? Oh that's right. Now back to waiting. Here comes the longest 33 hours and 37 minutes ever.

Man. All this fuss and now we have to wait for 33 hours?? Obsidian should have just released the keys the day of.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Hey, everyone. I am going to head to bed. I didn't get much sleep last night and I am dead tired.

If you run into any issues over the (Southern California) night and nobody is in the thread, just send an email to support@obsidian.net.

Have fun.

• Like 9

Obsidiforums,

I pose a question to you.

I have four copies of Eternity left. I would like to give some to friends, but also donate an ample sum to this years Desert Bus for Hope. 

Do I split it 2/2? 1/3? 0/4?

Hey, everyone. I am going to head to bed. I didn't get much sleep last night and I am dead tired.

If you run into any issues over the (Southern California) night and nobody is in the thread, just send an email to support@obsidian.net.

Have fun.

way to dis the backers, man! If we can't sleep, why the hell should you? This may very well be the last game I back.
  • Like 4

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Have fun.

way to dis the backers, man! If we can't sleep, why the hell should you? This may very well be the last game I back.

And it's only 11:30PM local time. Apparently they're only working 15 hour days at Obsidian these days. Practically bankers hours. Where's the commitment?

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Have fun.

Good night, Brandon.

Thank you for your effort these days!

For the boxed copies, this is how it works:

- Backer boxed copies all contain unprotected versions of the game. No Steam, SecuROM or anything else. If the planet is overrun by a zombie apocalypse, and you happen to live in Alexandria and have a modernish PC with a DVD-ROM drive, you'll still be able to play Eternity without any initial online connections! We will have loose patches available for this version once it's released too, that can be downloaded from our site.

- Boxed copies that will be sold in stores will be Steam versions.

In order to make sure physical backers who still wanted Steam and/or to play on March 26th, we added a digital key to accounts who didn't get one, so everyone could play on launch.

• Like 4

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

What would you call people saying they'll never support Obsidian again because their pre-release keys for a video game launching in two days was late?

Nothing. I wouldn't waste a minute of my energy assigning them a label, or giving them any thought at all.
  • Like 3

Seems like 'entitled' is new fancy overused insult world...

What would you call people saying they'll never support Obsidian again because their pre-release keys for a video game launching in two days was late?

I would call them, disappointed. And overreacting - because the delay was only few hours.

The digital goodies like ringtones are not available until release regardless of which version you get right?

Yep, that's right, although we might release them tomorrow if all of our testing completes early and everything looks good.

• Like 1

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Morning dew on my windshield is a constant irritation. I've tried contacting God, but, it keeps happening. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Oddly enough, I have only the game keys, but none of those guides, almanacs and other products. Are they put on hold, as they are potential spoilers and such?

Not released yet..

• Like 2

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke