Official Keys Thread v 1.01

Yes, Gold Backers get 5 additional base game keys, and then the Royal Edition key which is to match up to our pledge reward.

Hmm, I only have two base game keys. I'll look into later and see if there's something amiss.

EDIT: Thanks inkblot

Yes, Gold Backers get 5 additional base game keys, and then the Royal Edition key which is to match up to our pledge reward.

Just to play the pedant: that's gold backers at the $1000 tier. The $750 and $500 gold backers only get one copy of the game.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hmm, I only have two base game keys. I'll look into later and see if there's something amiss.

I was corrected.  I forgot which price point started Gold tier backers.  $1000 gold tier backers are the ones that got 5 extra keys.  Did correct my previous post.

Edited by StromIV
  • Like 1

While the other stuff isn't available until either tomorrow or Thursday, you can view what will come with your pledges by checking out the Orders tab in your Account Profile:

https://eternity.obsidian.net/account/orders

When you click on the order itself, there should be a link that says "What does this include?" that you can click to learn more about what comes with your reward tier.

• Like 4

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

While the other stuff isn't available until either tomorrow or Thursday, you can view what will come with your pledges by checking out the Orders tab in your Account Profile:

When you click on the order itself, there should be a link that says "What does this include?" that you can click to learn more about what comes with your reward tier.

But how will I download my cloth map, hmm? RIDDLE ME THAT! Mapgate! Mapghazi! New scandal!!

But how will I download my cloth map, hmm? RIDDLE ME THAT! Mapgate! Mapghazi! New scandal!!

You will have to download the teleportation device first, but beware those come invisible.

Edited by Vardia

Just use your particle displacement device.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Now that they're here, I suddenly can't decide whether to redeem with GoG or Steam. I was going to go with Steam for convenience etc. but on the other hand I like separate patch versions and GoG tends to do that better.

...phooey, I'm indecisive this evening. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Also - I backed the Epic Item design, thought I'd get a royal edition + 5 copies? I got 12 hero editions, think something is wrong here tongue.png

Woo Hoo! Splurge. Christmas taken care of in March!

Now that they're here, I suddenly can't decide whether to redeem with GoG or Steam. I was going to go with Steam for convenience etc. but on the other hand I like separate patch versions and GoG tends to do that better.

...phooey, I'm indecisive this evening. laughing.gif

Aw, you're going to cheat and not wait for the box? I'd better not see you selling that signed box on ebay, Red!
  • Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Just to be sure.  I just generated a Steam Code.  The Retail Pack will come with a box that has a different copy of the game, yes?  One that can be DRM free.

From my understanding, yes.  The backer copy is a DRM free copy of the game that is separate from the Steam or GoG key you will get from the backer portal.

• Like 1

Also - I backed the Epic Item design, thought I'd get a royal edition + 5 copies? I got 12 hero editions, think something is wrong here tongue.png

Woo Hoo! Splurge. Christmas taken care of in March!

You raise a good point! You get a PoE! You get a PoE! You get a PoE!!!

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Also - I backed the Epic Item design, thought I'd get a royal edition + 5 copies? I got 12 hero editions, think something is wrong here :p

Hey Freshock, yeah, I see an issue with your tier. I'll fix that up stat. Thanks. You're supposed to get a Royal + 5 Hero.

• Like 1

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Also - I backed the Epic Item design, thought I'd get a royal edition + 5 copies? I got 12 hero editions, think something is wrong here :p

Wow, talk about lucky!  :p

I backed the NPC one and only got 6!  I call shenanigans and want extra keys too!!!!  j/k well not really, I would love extra keys :D

• Like 1

Just to be sure.  I just generated a Steam Code.  The Retail Pack will come with a box that has a different copy of the game, yes?  One that can be DRM free.

From my understanding, yes.  The backer copy is a DRM free copy of the game that is separate from the Steam or GoG key you will get from the backer portal.

Are all the digital rewards tied to the generated key or are they tied to the backer portal account?  I wouldn't want to give away all the goodies with the digital key.  :)

Thanks, that was my understanding for the last 2+ years.  Got nervous when it asked me to commit to Steam.  

Please consider to grant those who have digital fun pack + digital strategy add-on an upgrade. (Like a Steam/GoG key to have your game upgrade from Champion Edition to Royal Edition)

Or if you guys just can't treat us fairly due to complexity, please at least give us $30 upgrade purchasable option on Steam/GoG. So that we could pay $30 to get what we should have. [And yes, $30 more from our wallet.]

Currently, there are only Hero to Royal Upgrade and Hero to Champion Upgrade.

Edited by bc1280