Official Keys Thread v 1.01

At the time, I was throwing money and support at a genre that was practically dead.  That is why I said "...had I known how the KS would play out..."  I don't regret my decision in 2012.  That said, if I had known then, in 2012, that the stuff that was important to me would be available cheaper, and sooner, in March of 2015 I damn sure would not have spent $250 on it back then.

Fair enough, although it seems logical enough that the collector's book, game, and Prima guide would all have been something one could buy down the road - and cheaper than 250 bills.  Anyway, not trying to bait you or start an argument. Like I said, it just seemed an odd POV.

Everything besides the documentary, novella, and obviously the expansion :) will be up on Thursday 9AM PST / 17:00 CET. Our release party is tomorrow night and to cap off the documentary, the film crew is going to be there to work on the final footage.

Is there any particular reason why things like the almanac, guidebook, wallpapers... any reward outside the ones you mentioned and the strategy guide (because spoilers) can't be available previously to launch?

I would have loved to be able to read a bit of the guidebook before playing the game.

hmm I got the Signed retail collector's edition and on my products tab i can only download the game northing else of what i should be getting is avalable ?

These items will unlock on Thursday. Then you will get to see them in all of their glory. =)

I'm waiting on that documentary almost as much as the game. True facts!

"Digital Pack: Soundtrack, Collector Book, Behind the Scenes" and "Expansion Pack"

So I got the Hero edition, is this my tier? I assume the expansion pack is after the main game? The rest of the goodies like collector book and all ins't suppose to appear too? 

Cmon, get here already email ;(

Not coming in an email. You will need to go to the backer portal and head to your products page. Check out the instructions at http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71574-redeeming-keys-and-rewards-how-to/.

What, I have to GET it MYSELF? No no no, this just will not do. As a backer, I demand the key be delivered to me carved on a gold plated plaque, carried by a snow white dove accompanied by the clarion call of triumphant silver trumpets.

But, we only have plain old white doves.

• Like 4

Not coming in an email. You will need to go to the backer portal and head to your products page. Check out the instructions at http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71574-redeeming-keys-and-rewards-how-to/.

What, I have to GET it MYSELF? No no no, this just will not do. As a backer, I demand the key be delivered to me carved on a gold plated plaque, carried by a snow white dove accompanied by the clarion call of triumphant silver trumpets.

Why do you hate your backers?!

• Like 1

So, I'm a Gold Backer, is this right? I only have one Royal and five Hero copies? I'm not complaining, it doesn't matter either way, just wondering.

That sounds about right. Royal edition is the highest tier there is; I'm not sure how many additional keys you're supposed to get tho. I presume you'll get more stuff to download from the backer portal once they get that stuff out?

lol I just went and looked at my pledge. I have two copies of the game available... each hero edition. I intend both of those as gifts for people. Hoping to bring a couple of younger players into the ol' skool cRPG club. So, I have to wait for the box to arrive. I wonder if it will arrive on the 26th also. No biggie if it doesn't. The main thing about the game I'm getting already, which is the dedication to my dad.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Everything besides the documentary, novella, and obviously the expansion :) will be up on Thursday 9AM PST / 17:00 CET. Our release party is tomorrow night and to cap off the documentary, the film crew is going to be there to work on the final footage.

Is there any particular reason why things like the almanac, guidebook, wallpapers... any reward outside the ones you mentioned and the strategy guide (because spoilers) can't be available previously to launch?

I would have loved to be able to read a bit of the guidebook before playing the game.

I am not sure of the particulars. I will talk with Darren tomorrow to figure out if it is possible. I know we would still like additional testing on some of the reward downloaders.

• Like 2

Ugh, fine then. But you better double down on the trumpets to compensate.

Realtalk though, I'm glad you guys got this key thing sorted out without any major hiccups. Cheers and kudos to you!

• Like 1

~And the Lord said unto John: Come forth, and receive eternal life! But alas, John came fifth and won a toaster instead.~

How about a pegasus? Plain white would do too.

Thank you for continuing to engage and discuss.  I very much appreciate that.  Whatever happened, I will just say that had I known how the KS would play out, I would not have put up $250 years ago.  And not just because I got a key late.  I would have pre-ordered on Steam and bought the Collector book and Prima guide on Amazon ala carte and saved ~$150.

This seems an odd point of view. Why did you pledge so much if you're seemingly concerned with what you could have saved by buying on Steam and Amazon?

At the time, I was throwing money and support at a genre that was practically dead.  That is why I said "...had I known how the KS would play out..."  I don't regret my decision in 2012.  That said, if I had known then, in 2012, that the stuff that was important to me would be available cheaper, and sooner, in March of 2015 I damn sure would not have spent $250 on it back then.

Cheaper, yes. Sooner, no.

Well it may sound dumb, but the 'Collectors Book' was the main reason I backed at $250 vs the $140 or $165 tiers.  And that turned out to be available from Amazon for about $16 and it would have arrived by now, or at least before my $250 pledge.  Again, "...had I known..."

Yes, Gold Backers get 5 additional base game keys, and then the Royal Edition key which is to match up to our pledge reward.

Correction:  Gold backers at $1000 get the 5 extra keys.

Edited by StromIV

Thank you for continuing to engage and discuss.  I very much appreciate that.  Whatever happened, I will just say that had I known how the KS would play out, I would not have put up $250 years ago.  And not just because I got a key late.  I would have pre-ordered on Steam and bought the Collector book and Prima guide on Amazon ala carte and saved ~$150.

This seems an odd point of view. Why did you pledge so much if you're seemingly concerned with what you could have saved by buying on Steam and Amazon?

Cheaper, yes. Sooner, no.

Well it may sound dumb, but the 'Collectors Book' was the main reason I backed at $250 vs the $140 or $165 tiers.  And that turned out to be available from Amazon for about $16 and it would have arrived by now, or at least before my $250 pledge.  Again, "...had I known..."

Sure, if you want to be sullied by the dirty tleilaxu that run Amazon, by all means

I am not sure of the particulars. I will talk with Darren tomorrow to figure out if it is possible. I know we would still like additional testing on some of the reward downloaders.

I volunteer to be a guinea pig

Free games updated 3/4/21

Yes, Gold Backers get 5 additional base game keys, and then the Royal Edition key which is to match up to our pledge reward.

Just to play the pedant: that's gold backers at the $1000 tier. The $750 and $500 gold backers only get one copy of the game.

How about a pegasus? Plain white would do too.

I think in the OC they only have a preponderance of seagulls, or Ben McKenzie.

Just to play the pedant: that's gold backers at the $1000 tier. The $750 and $500 gold backers only get one copy of the game.

Thanks for that correction.  Forgot what price point started what color backer.