Official Keys Thread v 1.01

I think what Brandon really needs to address is why he and Josh filled a swimming pool with all our keys and are lounging around in them sipping margaritas while we wait (im)patiently to get our pre-load on.

Because it feels good?

• Like 7

Cmon, get here already email ;(

Not coming in an email. You will need to go to the backer portal and head to your products page. Check out the instructions at http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71574-redeeming-keys-and-rewards-how-to/.

When will the other items besides the game itself show up or are they all yet to be finished?

Edited by Vardia

Got my key.

Sadly it is Champion Edition. To be honest, I want to get update to Royal Edition while I have all add-on Royal Edition contains.

There is even no Champion Edition to Royal Edition Upgrade on Steam/GoG. I may need to spend $45 to get What I have already paid for...

PS: Contact Obsidian already. Haven't got any reply for more than 36 hours.

Thank you for continuing to engage and discuss.  I very much appreciate that.  Whatever happened, I will just say that had I known how the KS would play out, I would not have put up $250 years ago.  And not just because I got a key late.  I would have pre-ordered on Steam and bought the Collector book and Prima guide on Amazon ala carte and saved ~$150.

This seems an odd point of view. Why did you pledge so much if you're seemingly concerned with what you could have saved by buying on Steam and Amazon?

• Like 1

Any update on when phyiscal goods will be shipping?

Update on that should be coming up in the next few days. Obsidian (and Paradox) decided to air freight the rewards to Europe to try and get the rewards to backers faster. it is more expensive, but we are trying to get people their goods as fast as possible.

• Like 6

Everything besides the documentary, novella, and obviously the expansion :) will be up on Thursday 9AM PST / 17:00 CET. Our release party is tomorrow night and to cap off the documentary, the film crew is going to be there to work on the final footage.

• Like 10

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Update on that should be coming up in the next few days. Obsidian (and Paradox) decided to air freight the rewards to Europe to try and get the rewards to backers faster. it is more expensive, but we are trying to get people their goods as fast as possible.

If it helps i am sure most of us would pay extra for faster shipping too.

Got my key.

Sadly it is Champion Edition. To be honest, I want to get update to Royal Edition while I have all add-on Royal Edition contains.

There is even no Champion Edition to Royal Edition Upgrade on Steam/GoG. I may need to spend $45 to get What I have already paid for...

You should be able to download any of your rewards that were in your tier in the backer portal once those rewards go live.

• Like 1

I apologize for not being more communicative today, but there has been a ton of things going on and we want to make sure you guys have an easy experience redeeming your rewards. Not a proper excuse, but I hope the game and rewards make up for it.

I won't speak for anyone else but I don't think you personally need to apologize for anything.  I think that Obsidian should have been more transparent in what was going on though.  Backers should have gotten keys before anyone else.  That didn't happen and when it didn't happen Obsidian should have been in front of that situation explaining why.  We still don't really know why.  At the end of the day, I don't think anyone is going to be upset, backer wise, as long as they have the game pre-loaded and ready to play when it unlocks.

They did explain. BAdler stated in a post the exact reason why Steam is pre-loading; ie, because they had to tell Steam to turn on pre-loading so our keys could actually work once given to us, and once Steam turned on pre-loading everybody who had pre-ordered automatically started pre-loading. If they hadn't told Steam to turn on pre-loading, then our keys would not work until tomorrow morning.

You not know is not the same as them not communicating.

I read that post and it did not communicate *why* the backers did not have keys yet, but the Steam purchasers did.  It just explained the decision to enable pre-loading (which I am fine with).  My money was spent years ago, at the very least I expected to get a key at the same time as someone who ordered on Steam a minute ago.  That didn't happen and for all of the BAdler posts, that still has not been explained.

Okay.

Here's the reason:

Obsidian is not Valve.

There we go.

This is not a hard concept. 

Thanks Again for the info!!

• Like 1

Thank you for continuing to engage and discuss.  I very much appreciate that.  Whatever happened, I will just say that had I known how the KS would play out, I would not have put up $250 years ago.  And not just because I got a key late.  I would have pre-ordered on Steam and bought the Collector book and Prima guide on Amazon ala carte and saved ~$150.

This seems an odd point of view. Why did you pledge so much if you're seemingly concerned with what you could have saved by buying on Steam and Amazon?

At the time, I was throwing money and support at a genre that was practically dead.  That is why I said "...had I known how the KS would play out..."  I don't regret my decision in 2012.  That said, if I had known then, in 2012, that the stuff that was important to me would be available cheaper, and sooner, in March of 2015 I damn sure would not have spent $250 on it back then and I think Obsidian should be aware of that.

Edited by HozzM

hmm I got the Signed retail collector's edition and on my products tab i can only download the game northing else of what i should be getting is avalable ?

I apologize for spelling errors I unfortunately suffer from dyslexia. And don't speak English on a daily basic.

At the time, I was throwing money and support at a genre that was practically dead.  That is why I said "...had I known how the KS would play out..."  I don't regret my decision in 2012.  That said, if I had known then, in 2012, that the stuff that was important to me would be available cheaper, and sooner, in March of 2015 I damn sure would not have spent $250 on it back then.

Cheaper, yes. Sooner, no.

Wow! This actually really surprises me! I did *not* expect Obsidian and Paradox to go through all that extra expense. That, right there, tells me how much you guys care about your backers.

I don't get anything--I didn't purchase any physical rewards--but kudos to Obsidian, that's badass.

• Like 2

Got my key.

You should be able to download any of your rewards that were in your tier in the backer portal once those rewards go live.

I know I can download via backer portal. But as you can see many complains back in the post, "Tiers to SKUs". Many people expect to have Royal Edition while they purchased Digital Strategy Guide add-on with Digital Fun Pack.

It may look the same for you guys that we can download contents via portal. But most of us want to have all our things at once on Steam/GoG.

If Obsidian won't provide us Royal Edition upgrade on Steam/GoG, we probably will try to buy Hero Edition to Royal Edition upgrade just to get a full ultimate edition in the end even it cost $45. =/

hmm I got the Signed retail collector's edition and on my products tab i can only download the game northing else of what i should be getting is avalable ?

Everything besides the documentary, novella, and obviously the expansion :) will be up on Thursday 9AM PST / 17:00 CET. Our release party is tomorrow night and to cap off the documentary, the film crew is going to be there to work on the final footage.

• Like 1

These items will unlock on Thursday. Then you will get to see them in all of their glory. =)

• Like 1

Cmon, get here already email ;(

Not coming in an email. You will need to go to the backer portal and head to your products page. Check out the instructions at http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71574-redeeming-keys-and-rewards-how-to/.

What, I have to GET it MYSELF? No no no, this just will not do. As a backer, I demand the key be delivered to me carved on a gold plated plaque, carried by a snow white dove accompanied by the clarion call of triumphant silver trumpets.

• Like 1

~And the Lord said unto John: Come forth, and receive eternal life! But alas, John came fifth and won a toaster instead.~