Official Keys Thread v 1.01

Well I paid 60 just wondering what incomplete edition they are going to let me have?

Backers should at least get the full game.

I mean really why should the backers expect any good will for funding the project.

No warm and fuzzy feelings that is for sure.

14 posts in more than two years. I ask myself how much contribution this is. Sorry to say it this way but you do not know what you are talking about. You are talking absolute bu**sh** and everyone in this forum should ignore you. This is only MHO.

Aww yiss.

Went with steam over gog for easier updates. Could've gone gog for no steam DRM but.. eh.

No traditional wizard worth his pointy hat could possibly work by the light of pure, smooth, dare one say virgin undribbled candles. It would just not look right. The ambience would be totally shattered. And when it did happen, the luckless wizard would mess about, as people do, with matchsticks and bent paperclips, to try to get nice little dribbles and channels of wax, as nature intended. However, this sort of thing never really works and invariably ends with wax all over the carpet and the wizard setting himself on fire. Candle dribbling, it has been decreed, is a job for a dribbler. – Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals.

Well, I did get keys, but those were the extra keys.  Doesn't include the one that would be generated with my tier matching.

Edit:  Nevermind, it just took longer to generate the tier matching key.

Edited by StromIV

Got it !!!!!!!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

So my daughter's 8th birthday is Saturday and now I have to ruin her special day because of this game.  Obsidian is just plain mean to release this game so close to her birthday and   I demand an apology and reoperations in return for my hard earned investment in the game.  How dare you people do this to her.  :w00t:  :devil:  :teehee:

Just got my key, so much or Disney on Ice kids.

screenshot_54.jpg

Cool !

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

I apologize for not being more communicative today, but there has been a ton of things going on and we want to make sure you guys have an easy experience redeeming your rewards. Not a proper excuse, but I hope the game and rewards make up for it.

I won't speak for anyone else but I don't think you personally need to apologize for anything.  I think that Obsidian should have been more transparent in what was going on though.  Backers should have gotten keys before anyone else.  That didn't happen and when it didn't happen Obsidian should have been in front of that situation explaining why.  We still don't really know why.  At the end of the day, I don't think anyone is going to be upset, backer wise, as long as they have the game pre-loaded and ready to play when it unlocks.

They did explain. BAdler stated in a post the exact reason why Steam is pre-loading; ie, because they had to tell Steam to turn on pre-loading so our keys could actually work once given to us, and once Steam turned on pre-loading everybody who had pre-ordered automatically started pre-loading. If they hadn't told Steam to turn on pre-loading, then our keys would not work until tomorrow morning.

You not know is not the same as them not communicating.

I read that post and it did not communicate *why* the backers did not have keys yet, but the Steam purchasers did.  It just explained the decision to enable pre-loading (which I am fine with).  My money was spent years ago, at the very least I expected to get a key at the same time as someone who ordered on Steam a minute ago.  That didn't happen and for all of the BAdler posts, that still has not been explained.

The real reason is that key distribution is very complicated. i know it may not seem that way, but it is.

Originally backers were not going to get the special editions. They didn't map to the backer tiers and backers could get their rewards through the portal. Enough people thought it would be a cool idea so we decided to create additional special editions that were special for the backers. These special editions mirror the hero/champion/royal, but come with even more content. Some people even got a few additional items in their tiers because we wanted to hook the backers up where possible. Needless to say it was a lot of work to remap the backend of the Backer Portal to support additional redeemables.

This is just one example of the complications with distributing keys. There are many more.

For contrast, a person who buys the game on Steam automatically has it added to their Steam account. No need to have that person do anything other than buy a tier.

Soon you guys will have your keys, though. We have just been spot checking orders and redeemables since we had to rebuild the database to support the new redeemables. Things are looking good though, so it should be any minute.

Thank you for continuing to engage and discuss.  I very much appreciate that.  Whatever happened, I will just say that had I known how the KS would play out, I would not have put up $250 years ago.  And not just because I got a key late.  I would have pre-ordered on Steam and bought the Collector book and Prima guide on Amazon ala carte and saved ~$150.

Again I am not trying to be a ****, I love your studio and have enjoyed every Obsidian CRPG I have ever played.  I hope my feedback is valuable to you (Obsidian) and hope you will take it into account going forward.

Hi guys, sorry for the continued delays. I just posted the keys live for each of the various types depending on what products you pledge for. We haven't sent out the official e-mails yet - those will start tomorrow; just want to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Oh please note, if you redeem GOG keys, the game will not appear in your library until Thursday after 9 AM PST (17:00 CET).

• Like 4

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Now... have to wait "real release"...  but Pillars is on my computer ! ^^