Official Keys Thread v 1.01

Email from Obsidian:

We will be notifying backers very soon when they can start getting their keys through the Products Tab of their Account Profile. Once you receive that email you will be able to go to the Products Tab of your Account Profile (https://eternity.obsidian.net/account/products) and click on the Pillars of Eternity link. From there a dialog pop-up will come up asking you which platform you would like to have the key for (GoG or Steam). After you make your choice, you will be given your key and be good to go! If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you for your support and we look forward to you playing the game in just two days!

Is that an email your received?

I "slacker-backed" immediately following the kickstarter, so I was never sent any of those kickstarter emails.

I guess they might be doing the kickstarters first, then the "slacker-backers"?

Email from Obsidian:

We will be notifying backers very soon when they can start getting their keys through the Products Tab of their Account Profile. Once you receive that email you will be able to go to the Products Tab of your Account Profile (https://eternity.obsidian.net/account/products) and click on the Pillars of Eternity link. From there a dialog pop-up will come up asking you which platform you would like to have the key for (GoG or Steam). After you make your choice, you will be given your key and be good to go! If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you for your support and we look forward to you playing the game in just two days!

I "slacker-backed" immediately following the kickstarter, so I was never sent any of those kickstarter emails.

Nope, that's most likely an answer to a support ticket.

I didn't get such an e-mail neither.

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

no products available... yet. f5... f5... f5... f5... f5......

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

The backers got the game and the content at a discount and had a small degree of input on the development...  If you want to get review copies of the game - it's not like reviewing games is hard - get to it.   

Sorry just thought backers would be treated better ... After all if Chris Roberts can take time out of his day to put his backers first you'd think any KS developer would. I guess I've just been spoiled.

Chris Roberts....

1336580087175.jpg

Of course Chris Roberts "puts his backers first", he's fleecing them for tens of millions of dollars. Yet we're getting a finished Pillars of Eternity in one day and Star Citizen is still vapourware. I'll take a team that actually puts the project that was funded first over that, thanks.

• Like 7

So, ppl is angry because they dont have a key that is useless right now, i mean, yeah sure, you can install the game with that now, but you can't play until 26, so why  all this rage?

People is insane...

Edited by krosty4782
  • Like 4

Email from Obsidian:

Nope, that's most likely an answer to a support ticket.

I didn't get such an e-mail neither.

Ah, that does make sense. My fingers will just be crossed then, cheers.

Email from Obsidian:

I don't think so. I never received this mysterious missive. I question its validity. 

*oh, I see, I didn't get it because I didn't ask about something that didn't need asking

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

People just want to feel special..... Spoiled kids wanting to get everything FIRST.  If there is something to complain about its that they are releasing the game on a Thursday when I could only take Friday off of work to play!  I am going to be going nuts on Thursday.  Come on Obsidian, cater to me specifically!

• Like 1

So, ppl is angry because they dont have a key that is useless right now, i mean, yeah sure, you can install the game with that now, but you can't play until 26, so why this all this rage?

People is insane...

Some people with slow connections would want to start pre-loading now. Especially if the alternative is them going to sleep and starting pre-loading in 8 hours. That's pretty much it I think...

• Like 3

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

What Backers get:

Cheaper game and, if picked a higher tier, access to extras at a cheaper price

Exclusive in-game items

Being part of the development and having our input taken into consideration

Access to the beta

Buying the expansion at a cheaper price

What Non-Backers get:

Ability to pre-load a couple of hours earlier than backers and then unlocking the game at the same time

Would it be nice to have the key right now? Yes, but this is just making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Technically, backers don't get a cheaper game, as physical rewards only started at the $100 tier.

So, ppl is angry because they dont have a key that is useless right now, i mean, yeah sure, you can install the game with that now, but you can't play until 26, so why  all this rage?

People is insane...

rage begets rage, it's how we operate. 

It's also hard to contain yourself when you are so near to the oasis after having spent years in the desert.

It's been a long time since we've got a proper fantasy cRPG of this caliber. Also I have nothing better

to do right now than press f5.

• Like 1

"He who fights trolls should see to it that he himself brings fire or acid" - Me

Email from Obsidian:

What?? You got an email before me?? aiee.gif That's it, I'm getting my pitchfork right now bat.gif

Okay okay! But remember, he *is* a backer! :Cant's broad grin icon:

• Like 2

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Email from Obsidian:

What?? You got an email before me?? aiee.gif That's it, I'm getting my pitchfork right now bat.gif

I really like that smiley :Cant's broad grin icon:

Given the OP is apparently the answer to a support-ticket, Obsidian have yet to actually make such an announcement officially, or what? Is there something I'm missing? Just seems curious. Oh well.

What Backers get:

Cheaper game and, if picked a higher tier, access to extras at a cheaper price

Exclusive in-game items

Being part of the development and having our input taken into consideration

Access to the beta

Buying the expansion at a cheaper price

What Non-Backers get:

Ability to pre-load a couple of hours earlier than backers and then unlocking the game at the same time

Would it be nice to have the key right now? Yes, but this is just making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Remember is not about a discount, is a risk, the game can be good or bad...

Yes i know, my english sux.

Technically, backers don't get a cheaper game, as physical rewards only started at the $100 tier.

I was referring to the digital rewards since those are the ones non-backers can opt to get along with the game.

You do also forget that we spent our money on a chance to get a game. Kickstarters do fail and you get nothing for your money. So there is more involved than getting the game cheaper, it is making the game more likely to be released, but still you put your money out there at a risk.

Maybe some look at this like a producer, you gave them the money beforehand and you would expect to get to see the results (or in this case play) before others who did not put their investment into the game at a risk.

• Like 1

I'm a backer too, so out of respect I'll allow him to get his pitchfork too, then we can have a pitchfork duel.

That makes me think...why aren't pitchforks an in-game weapon? I demand a delay so they can be implemented :devil:. Now seriously, it would be funny if every backer-insipired npc get a pitchfork in their inventory in a future update.

Edited by pedroantonio

I'm a backer too, so out of respect I'll allow him to get his pitchfork too, then we can have a pitchfork duel.

That makes me think...why aren't pitchforks an in-game weapon? I demand a delay so they can be implemented :devil:. Now seriously, it would be funny if every backer-insipired npc get a pitchfork in their inventory in a future update.

• Like 3

"He who fights trolls should see to it that he himself brings fire or acid" - Me

Keep in mind that this is the first kickstarter that Obsidz has done. I would imagine they'll gain much wisdom from this experience, maybe level once or twice, and then choose the skills and feats that will allow them to fight that much better next time. In the meantime, I think I'll start selling pitchforks and fiery brands. Starting with Pedro. What do ya say?

• Like 7

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!