Official Keys Thread v 1.01

Email from Obsidian:

We will be notifying backers very soon when they can start getting their keys through the Products Tab of their Account Profile. Once you receive that email you will be able to go to the Products Tab of your Account Profile (https://eternity.obsidian.net/account/products) and click on the Pillars of Eternity link. From there a dialog pop-up will come up asking you which platform you would like to have the key for (GoG or Steam). After you make your choice, you will be given your key and be good to go! If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you for your support and we look forward to you playing the game in just two days!

• Like 7

Meanwhile - Press get priority early access.

Screw the backers, who needs them anyways right? Now they can sell the game for profit since development funding was provided.

Cash before people guys, cash before people.

Edited by Cymelion
  • Like 3

Screw the backers, who needs them anyways right? Now they can sell the game for profit since development funding was provided.

You are getting the game you wanted on the release date with all the add-ons you were promised. Take some deep breaths. In a week, you won't remember any of this.

• Like 23

The backers got the game and the content at a discount and had a small degree of input on the development...  If you want to get review copies of the game - it's not like reviewing games is hard - get to it.   

Sorry just thought backers would be treated better ... After all if Chris Roberts can take time out of his day to put his backers first you'd think any KS developer would. I guess I've just been spoiled.

• Like 1

Well I paid 60 just wondering what incomplete edition they are going to let me have?

Backers should at least get the full game.

I mean really why should the backers expect any good will for funding the project.

No warm and fuzzy feelings that is for sure.

Backers are treated well. There's just some people who are quite entitled.

• Like 43

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Well I paid 60 just wondering what incomplete edition they are going to let me have?

I mean really why should the backers expect any good will for funding the project.

Uh, what? Backers are getting the full game.

• Like 11

Yeaaahhh, the whiny rage I've seen here today is just making me shake my head. It's just a game. It's not life saving medicine. Chill and just enjoy something else for a while. 

• Like 13

Why are people intent on harshing my buzz with their square drama?

I've decided to be a hippy about this.

Edited by vsanders
  • Like 1

There are 2 Upgrades so I do not know if we get the full game or not.

The game is the same no matter the version, the Champion and Royal Editions only have extras like the soundtrack, a strategy guide, etc. So yes, you get the full game no matter which version you buy.

• Like 6

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Those are just digital extras such as the soundtrack, ringtones, the documentary, etc. Depending on your backer level, you may already be getting those.

Yeaaahhh, the whiny rage I've seen here today is just making me shake my head. It's just a game. It's not life saving medicine. Chill and just enjoy something else for a while. 

For some there is not much more to life than games.

True story. I pre-ordered the Collectors edition of BG2 in 2000. I was all elite and hipster even back then. My smug arrogance and sense of supreme entitlement dictated that I snub my nose (publically and otherwise) at all the peasants who would end up simply going to Best Buy or Walmart, or Circuit City, or CompUSA to purchase a vanilla copy of the game on the day of release.

But then the day of release came. And everyone DID go out and buy the game, then play it..... except me. I had to wait until my Collectors Edition arrived in the mail. It did... the next day. Ouch. But the moment it did come, I immediately went from "Pissed off" and "in a homicidal rage", to.... the happiest nerd in the world. And it didn't matter at all that I was a day late in getting the game.... a game I'd end up playing over and over again for the next 15 friggin years.

• Like 32

At the top of this forum there's a sticky thread called "tiers to SKU" it has all the info you want. In fact, by the information you've given I'm going to guess you have the champion edition. Happy?

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

To make things easier for people to air their grievances, shout their support, seek for answers, or mingle with the crowd, we'll limit the number of Keys threads to one for the time being.

• Like 2

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

What are you whining about? Nothing is left out of the game in any way.

• Like 1

All this tomfoolery about "backers first" regarding a game that has a set universal release date is quite stupid. Yes, Obsidian is just as bad as EA because they didn't get the keys for a game with a set release date out on time a day early.

• Like 5

I believe he/she is alluding to the basic/champion/royal tiers as if some of those contain gameplay elements.

*shrug*

Anyways good luck to those who wait out this key storm. I can't abide by this stuff. I'll get the content like I did in the IE days, I suppose. From a box when life gives me the time to sit down with it.

If you are getting 2x keys, will you be able to choose the platform for each key?

Yes

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

All this tomfoolery about "backers first" regarding a game that has a set universal release date is quite stupid. Yes, Obsidian is just as bad as EA because they didn't get the keys for a game with a set release date out on time a day early.

Elite dangerous did....backers got in early.

I believe he/she is alluding to the basic/champion/royal tiers as if some of those contain gameplay elements.

*shrug*

Anyways good luck to those who wait out this key storm. I can't abide by this stuff. I'll get the content like I did in the IE days, I suppose. From a box when life gives me the time to sit down with it.

Oh, that's all over the Steam forums, too. People think different versions HAS to equate to day 1 DLC or something; if they'd bother reading, they'd realize that the game is identical--the extra versions are just things like the soundtrack and whatnot that we backers already get based on how much we backed.

• Like 1