PRE-LOAD is now available!

Oberon, have you checked the Products section on your account? You should be able to generate either a Steam or GOG key there.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Man, here are many folks which aren´t quite in Crowdfunding-Spirit, are they?

Crowdfunding games is about creating ART that wouldn´t be able to create otherwise; Backers are there to SUPPORT this and bring in there own opinions.

It is not about exclusive ingamestuff (Hint, Obsidian, HINT: Don´t do preorder Items next time!!!),it´s not about beeing the first to get that product to play; it´s about MAKING the product playable for everybody!

Regarding to this principles, I don´t see what Obsidian made wrong in the last days...

...MAYBE except of no preload for GOG; but who cares about ~0,5% more waiting-time?! 

• Like 1

And now my preload is done. Thus begins the long wait.

Edited by Tartantyco

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Apparently the manual linked to on Steam is rather incorrect and probably shouldn't be read. Does anyone know if a correct manual will be uploaded to backer portal on release day or should I just read this one to kill some time and then rely on in-game tutorials/explanations?

• Like 1

Apparently the manual linked to on Steam is rather incorrect and probably shouldn't be read. Does anyone know if a correct manual will be uploaded to backer portal on release day or should I just read this one to kill some time and then rely on in-game tutorials/explanations?

Some in-game explanations/tooltips are incorrect too. For example it says that crit damage is 125% when its actually 150%

You could use the wikis (Gamepedia, Orcz) and while some information there is also outdate, those will most likely get updated by the players as they play the game.

Also you can always come to the forums and ask :)

The Unofficial Pillars of Eternity Wiki - Community/Fan Maintained!

We've got some corrections here, at least.

jcod0.png

But what if those corrections are also incorrect :p

The Unofficial Pillars of Eternity Wiki - Community/Fan Maintained!

Well nothing left now for me to do but to wait/hope that Green Man Gaming releases their keys to pre orders tomorrow. They are actually steam keys so I have more hope that I might get my key early than if I had a GoG key that isn't steam but here's to hoping both GMG AND GOG get keys tomorrow to preload. At least it was good seeing the download is only 6 gigs, even if I don't receive a key early that is about a 10 minute download for me so really not a big deal. This is the first time I have had a pre order for a game on a site other than steam so not sure how this all works. If dont get a preload code I hope it doesn't take long for my code to show up after the game launches. I almost want to cancel my GMG champion version and just grab it on steam to be sure but that is sort of silly, impatient, irrational impulse move that I might have done 15 years ago, but at 34 I am a lot more patient now lol.

I have actually been waiting to play most new releases i have been looking forward to a month or so after release to give the devs a chance to iron out any major launch bugs but i just cant do it with PoE. Since wasteland 2 was reported to have launched really buggy i have still held off playing that game which i had day 1. After the reported 2nd major bug stomping patch a few weeks ago i was finally ready to give it a go but then of course hear about the ultimate edition release and move to Unity 5 coming so here i am still waiting to play Wasteland 2. This absolutely would have never happened 15 years ago and i would be firing up new games the second i got them but i have more patience these days. Well at least my amazon order updated and my collectors strategy guide is in transit and scheduled on time for a Thursday delivery so that's one less thing to over stress about. It was a nice bonus being able to read through the manual too even if its being reported its sort of outdated.

Glad the backers got their keys tonight congrats you all. As frustrating as it was to see all the short sighted impatient whining posts from some people pissed reviewers and people who could market the game had playable keys before them... "The mighty backer that saved the company", it was also sort of sad to see those fans of the game that actually did pledge on kickstarter (i didnt know much about kickstarter back then and missed the campaign) feel slighted and upset so I'm glad they have their keys and are pre loaded up :). In the end, those people exposing the game and reaching audiences not familiar with and having not bought a copy of the game yet is what's best for all of us that care about the future of this genre and more games like it getting made. Even that twitch streamer with 30 viewers... If even a handful of people watching buys the game that's more people that were influenced to buy the game because of their early streaming of PoE than most of us will get to buy the game. Word of mouth to friends will only sell so many copies. It's just business 101 folks and again it's in all of our best interests for those people to succeed than for them not to have copies and everyone wait for the 26th. After 2+ years, seriously what harm is there having to wait the last week like normal while other people, even if they aren't backers, have the game early and are promoting the game to reach a bigger audience trying to make more launch day sales? It's just good for business, and good business for Obsidians PoE is a good thing for all of us.

TLDR cause I'm bored and wrote a ton: I hope GMG and GoG preorders get their keys tomorrow... Really happy that the backers have their keys and you shouldn't take it personal that youtubers/twitch streamers have the game early for free marketing purposes. It is just good business 101 trying to expose more people to this game and buy it making PoE do great sales. PoE selling well because it is interesting and a great game is a great thing for everyone here and even if you backed and are impatient that should make it understandable and worth having to wait the normal length of time left while some others got early copies to market the game for Obsidian for free. Whether you think it is fair or not, it is/was for the greater good.

Edited by Zazzaro
  • Like 1

inXile absolutely mismanaged many things, including communication.

At a time when Double Fine used up all their funding before the game was even halfway done, Wasteland 2 was being touched up because, even though they finished the game, they had excess funds left.

I'm not saying inXile is even close to the worst or anything. Just that they did mismanage a couple of things in my opinion.

Reality trumps your opinion.

But what if those corrections are also incorrect :p

In-correct-ception!

• Like 2

I just read this thread from the start. I'm awarding myself an achievement.

Trvavbm.jpg

If this was your first post in this thread, you should also get an achievement for not taking the bait by quoting and replying to some of the knee jerk impatient posts in here. It was too much for me to resist even though I do see where their disappointment was coming from even if it wasnt really rational and correct. Edited by Zazzaro