PRE-LOAD is now available!

So I am confuse, did the game got release or not?

It was released to the media a week ago - you get to wait because .... well you mean less to Obsidian than the media does and Youtubers with 28 subs.

Thank you. I was feeling bad about how I was responding to you but now I can go to bed in peace.

It was released to the media a week ago - you get to wait because .... well you mean less to Obsidian than the media does and Youtubers with 28 subs.

"NOW! I WANT IT NOW! NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!"

Also, Paradox gave that guy a key, not Obsidian. You can at least bother to read the updates before spouting off bad information.

Which means there were keys viable to play the game - white knight them all you like - they put backers last in their list of priorities.

They're in the wrong here - no matter how pretty they can draw or how nice a story they can write - they're still treating backers like crap.

• Like 1

Also, Paradox gave that guy a key, not Obsidian. You can at least bother to read the updates before spouting off bad information.

Which means there were keys viable to play the game - white knight them all you like - they put backers last in their list of priorities.

They're in the wrong here - no matter how pretty they can draw or how nice a story they can write - they're still treating backers like crap.

No, they're not. They're treating backers wonderfully, you're just a self-entitled whiny brat who can't stand not being treated like a super-special snowflake. I'm not white-knighting anybody; I'm correcting your *wrong* information and telling people the actual facts.

Edited by Katarack21
  • Like 1

Yeah because the quality of the product we backed is irrelevant.

Are you a cartoon character?

Game comes out tomorrow. I'm happy. I've put 50 hours into the backer beta (and even submitted a couple bug reports) and I'm really quite enjoying it now. So I'm looking forward to getting outside the Drywood sandpit.

Really not sure why some folks seem to feel this pre-load thing is a terrible woe.

No, they're not. They're treating backers wonderfully, you're just a self-entitled whiny brat who can't stand not being treated like a super-special snowflake. I'm not white-knighting anybody; I'm correcting your *wrong* information and telling people the actual facts.

I'm telling them the facts too.

The media got copies before backers - because backers mean less than media. If we meant anything to them we would have gotten the same version they got plain and simple.

• Like 1

Game comes out tomorrow. I'm happy. I've put 50 hours into the backer beta (and even submitted a couple bug reports) and I'm really quite enjoying it now. So I'm looking forward to getting outside the Drywood sandpit.

Really not sure why some folks seem to feel this pre-load thing is a terrible woe.

Some people are on slow internet connections we're talking 100kb connections through no fault of their own just infrastructure the earlier they can start downloading the earlier their download is done and they can play with others on the day instead of waiting for the download to finish - oddly enough they could have had this downloaded a week ago it seems but we're not supposed to point that out .... because ... reasons.

The media got copies before backers - because backers mean less than media. If we meant anything to them we would have gotten the same version they got plain and simple.

Let's parse this out:

"The media got copies before backers" - fact

"because backers mean less than media." - opinion

"If we meant anything to them we would have gotten the same version they got plain and simple." - delusional conclusion of a crazy idiot shill

Edited by RHelg224
  • Like 2

If you meant anything to them, you'd get extra free stuff just because? Right. That makes sense.

If you meant anything to them, you'd get extra free stuff just because? Right. That makes sense.

We've been down this road before - a copy of the game I paid for is not free stuff - access to that game at the same time as media is not free stuff. But you know never let logic get in the way of your thinking process.

So much for saving the company right? I feel like they just **** on us. Plus, I've seen chapter two, one start. Thought people were not supposed to live twitch past chapter one or something ?

Yeah, they're going to **** an awesome game on you in like a day and a half. Chill. Good lord.

• Like 1

No, getting your copy of the game before release date unlike other customers is most certainly extra stuff.

You WILL get your copy of the game that you paid for, WHEN it is released, JUST like other customers.

• Like 1

~And the Lord said unto John: Come forth, and receive eternal life! But alas, John came fifth and won a toaster instead.~

We've been down this road before - a copy of the game I paid for is not free stuff - access to that game at the same time as media is not free stuff. But you know never let logic get in the way of your thinking process.

Yes, we have. You don't seem to get it. You didn't buy the game, you backed it--and early access that wasn't promised is free stuff. Logic doesn't seem to be your strong suit. Passion, on the other hand, you have in spades.

Edited by Katarack21
  • Like 1

No, getting your copy of the game before release date unlike other customers is most certainly extra stuff.

You WILL get your copy of the game that you paid for, WHEN it is released, JUST like other customers.

Oh so you've dropped the free - now we just need to work on you recognizing extra

Obsidian was given money by backers for essentially an idea on paper with no working model just the reputation of their developers. Now they did what they were paid to do for sure the game is probably complete and a lot less buggy and working well. There is a release date and it is able to be purchased by anyone now.

However a company that really really REALLY likes its fans and backers would have gone above beyond just making the game and filling out orders and let everyone who backed enjoy the game as soon as it became playable. They chose to put the media before backers and the backers on par with first time buyers which is wholly their right to do, but it does by virtue of action mean backers are not important or appreciated by them. We're just ATM's.

• Like 1

They chose to put the media before backers and the backers on par with first time buyers which is wholly their right to do, but it does by virtue of action mean backers are not important or appreciated by them. We're just ATM's.

That's certainly one way to interpret it, I guess. And while I agree with the complaints that there could have been better communication by times, I certainly don't agree with your interpretation of Obsidian's actions. So I guess you'll be moving on and not bothering with Obsidian or their forums anymore, then?

Media/reviewers getting keys ahead of backers is fine.  Randos who bought the game on Steam tonight getting keys ahead of KS backers who paid for the game in October of 2012 is not.

In the end assuming you can pre-load ahead of the unlock, it does not matter.  But..."I had to warn you too many times about my money, Smokey. You see, it's the principle of the whole thing. There's principalities in this."

• Like 1