PRE-LOAD is now available!

I told Steam to start the preloading. We are going to be giving backers keys in the next few hours and if we didn't tell them to enable preloading we wouldn't have been able to enable it until tomorrow.

Ok, now it's all clear. Thanks for the update

I told Steam to start the preloading. We are going to be giving backers keys in the next few hours and if we didn't tell them to enable preloading we wouldn't have been able to enable it until tomorrow.

I checked my Steam after I saw this thread, and it lagged a bit and I was disconnected and then re-connected. Traffic jams+rush hour? 

WOW!!!! STEAM USERS GOT IT BEFORE THE GUYS WHO HELPED KICK-START IT!! ....sorry for caps, im just a lil mad.

Oh no, someone gets to pre-load it before me.

PLEDGE CANCELED!

Hey! More than a few people on here are upset about this, so if you don't care, don't waste the space typing cuz I sure don't give 2 Rubles about what you think sir.

WOW!!!! STEAM USERS GOT IT BEFORE THE GUYS WHO HELPED KICK-START IT!! ....sorry for caps, im just a lil mad.

PLEDGE CANCELED!

Hey! More than a few people on here are upset about this, so if you don't care, don't waste the space typing cuz I sure don't give 2 Rubles about what you think sir.

Pretty sure both of you feel exactly the same way.

• Like 3

Steam's being acting weird and dropping me and my friends randomly all day... oh well, pre-loading... keys next few hours... yay...

Now it's time to sleep XD

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

PLEDGE CANCELED!

Pretty sure both of you feel exactly the same way.

Since they're taking the time to reply to each other, I'd say yeah, they both care a lot about what the other thinks.  :cat:

In other news.... 96%

Edited by Voss

Anyone confirm if you get access to the extras from the pre-load (Guidebook, Almanac, etc)?

Sadly no, I just downloaded it completely and can't access any extras. I also looked it up in the steamfolder, but its just some encrypted files.

So why were the Media given access before your backers?

I mean the people who paid for the game back when it was just a concept on paper some by quite a large margin - could you explain why the media were more important than the backers?

Does anyone know if the

Pillars of Eternity - Royal Edition Upgrade

will still exist after the preorder period?

My extra backer key is going to my father. I'm assuming they will be at the Hero level even though mine will be at the Royal level. Just want to make sure my father will be able to upgrade later if he wants.

It will still exist for purchase according to Paradox.

Just rebooted steam and am downloading the game right now :)

Note: The download size is 6gb. Total game when installed is 18gb.

Any extras (e.g. documentary, almanac etc.) are not accessible yet, the pre-load is just an encrypted file.

EDIT: just for some clarification quoting Brandon Adler:

Thanks for the heads up :)

Does anyone know if the

Pillars of Eternity - Royal Edition Upgrade

will still exist after the preorder period?

My extra backer key is going to my father. I'm assuming they will be at the Hero level even though mine will be at the Royal level. Just want to make sure my father will be able to upgrade later if he wants.

It will still exist for purchase according to Paradox.

Yeah, looking at the steam store page, I can buy the champion or royal edition upgrades if I really wanted to.

Anyone confirm if you get access to the extras from the pre-load (Guidebook, Almanac, etc)?

Sadly no, I just downloaded it completely and can't access any extras. I also looked it up in the steamfolder, but its just some encrypted files.
Dam Edited by TrueMenace

Calibrating...

Hurt butts incoming!

Relax folks.

I don't know - maybe its because people like Chris Roberts respecting his fans and always putting them first has spoiled me - but I feel backers should be number 1 priority in all situations.

I suppose thats why Chris Roberts broke 75 million in funding and has its own free hype machine lessons should have been learned.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. It's all comin' together now!!

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

It's ok. 

Could we at least get our bonus material on the backer portal A BIT earlier than the rest of the world on Steam on Thursday?

I hope so. 

Did you guys just back this in order to look at Tim Cain's cookbook before all others or did you back it because you want a good game?

I don't see why it matters, as long as backers get their stuff by release.

• Like 2

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"