Autosave on Trial of Iron , how does it work

So iam going to play POTD TOI, and iam worried bout autosaving.What happens if for example iam in a fight and my game crashes?I've read somewhere that game saves on each new location you enter.

Twitch.tv/MorbusOfKookyB  - Will stream PotD,ToI,Expert.

Well the save game is never deleted until you save over it (scene transition / manual save to quit) or you die. Crashes will do nothing and closing the game will have the system attempt to auto-save the game for you (assuming it is valid to save at the moment you X'ed the game out).

Otherwise, your save game should always be there on disk if the power goes out or anything weird like that.

• Like 1

Twitter: @robyatadero

hopefully not, but on other side i wouldnt like to die and lose my progress cause iam in fight and the game crashed

So it's mostly a "soft" ironman mode that allows me to just copy and paste the autosave file in some other folder to effectively cheat the system? Disappointing, but I can see why it would have been difficult to implement otherwise. Even the Ironman mode in XCOM that saved every game round wasn't cheating-proof (if you miss a critical shot, just Ctrl+alt+del out of the game and reload).

Edited by Zwiebelchen

Cheating in a single-player game is kind of a non-issue IMO. All you get from Trial of Iron is the satisfaction of a job well done.

(And an achievement I suppose but who cares about those?)

imbeciles will even cheat in tetris lvl 1