Why is release date so close to Bloodborne?

It didn't affect me, but some hardcore RPG gamers would mind.

I can't remember when 2 such great RPG games were in such tight schedule.

I think Witcher 3 postponed to may because of that.

Edited by Cyseal

It's difficult to plan that kind of thing. Release dates get rescheduled all the time.

Could have been worse... like Witcher 3. All things considered, going up against a console exclusive isn't too bad.

• Like 3

Could have been worse... like Witcher 3. All things considered, going up against a console exclusive isn't too bad.

I can't agree. Consoles are growing.  Bloodborne is practically console seller for me.

Edited by Cyseal

Blooodborne = PS4 only. 

PoE = PC only.

Doesn't really matter much if they're released at the same time.

Not only that, those games target different audiences. True that the same person can have both systems, and like both games, but being one of those persons myself, I don't have any trouble playing PoE now and waiting for Bloodborne to go down a few notches on the price. I mean, that 70€/$ price-tag is asking to be ignored for a while (like most PS4 games anyway).

Edited by Emerwyn
  • Like 2

They're on different systems and one is an action rpg/hack-n-slash and the other one is a nostalgic golden age isometric RPG heavily focusing on dialogue. You uh... you really think there's a lot of fan crossover here? And what would stop a fan from not just buying the other one the following month? Why not both (stop the decadence train)?

• Like 1

Two totally different types of rpg's (one is combat focused, the other story/character/dialogue driven), plus Bloodborn is not on PC, while Pillars is PC exclusive.

You uh... you really think there's a lot of fan crossover here? And what would stop a fan from not just buying the other one the following month? Why not both (stop the decadence train)?

Yes there actually is plenty of overlap. Even Anthony Davis stopped his Twitch stream of PoE for a bit to go pick up Bloodborne. Realize most average gamers that are fans of one are usually fans of RPGs in general.

It's not about getting both. It's getting one first and playing that while waiting for the other to drop in price. Most normal people buy one game and then play it thoroughly for awhile before picking up another. Most people dont have unlimited funds especially for luxury goods. 

Two totally different types of rpg's (one is combat focused, the other story/character/dialogue driven), plus Bloodborn is not on PC, while Pillars is PC exclusive.

There's obviously still some overlap because they're both still, ya know, games. And from all accounts Bloodborne is fantastic.

It's different genres.

For different audiences.

Aimed at different target markets.

For different, mutually exclusive, platforms.

There'd be more overlap between PoE and almost anything else. There is probably a greater overlap between PoE and pizza than there is between PoE and Bloodborne.

• Like 8

t50aJUd.jpg

I was thinking to myself "What the heck is Bloodborne?".  I keep myself up to date on RPGs, so I honestly thought I somehow missed a major RPG that is releasing soon.  But after reading the replies here, looks like it is a PS4 exclusive.  I don't even own a console at all, so that explains why I have never heard of Bloodborne.

I highly doubt the game releasing at the same time as Bloodborne is a big deal, completely different games on completely different platforms.'

Also, Witcher 3 delaying had nothing to do with Bloodbourne.

Too bad Bloodborne is only console, I kinda dig that scenario and looks of the game...but I won't buy a console just for one game, thank you very much ^^

And Pillars will (hopefully) keep me busy enough anyway for the next weeks ... and damn Geralt is also coming around again...and maybe at teh end of the year that re-release-ripoff of Dark Souls II might be on sale already on Steam and I might get weak and ... Tides of Numeria is a while still, isn't it?

Vox: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me Vox

Are you ... like a crazy person?

Vox: I’m quite sure they will say so.

It's different genres.

For different audiences.

Aimed at different target markets.

For different, mutually exclusive, platforms.

There'd be more overlap between PoE and almost anything else. There is probably a greater overlap between PoE and pizza than there is between PoE and Bloodborne.

I like both. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ITT the only people in the world who think Bloodborne and PoE target different audiences.

Actually there might be some on rpgcodex too.

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt 

ITT the only people in the world who think Bloodborne and PoE target different audiences.

You know so little about hardcore PC gamers in general and hardcore RPG gamers on PC in particular. And same is true for PS4/console gamers... ;)

And the rpgcodex IS pretty much the core audience of Pillars. The rpgcodex pretty much only exists for such games. 

At the same time, 90%+ of all console gamers don't give a fu*k about an oldschool PC exclusive RPG. They don't even give a sh*t about indie games in general.

Edited by LordCrash
  • Like 2
35167v4.jpg

You know so little about hardcore PC gamers in general and hardcore RPG gamers on PC in particular. And same is true for PS4/console gamers... ;)

And the rpgcodex IS pretty much the core audience of Pillars. The rpgcodes pretty much only exists for such games. 

At the same time, 90%+ of all console gamers don't give a fu*k about an oldschool PC exclusive RPG. They don't even give a sh*t about indie games in general.

No, you know very little about RPG gamers in general because you spend all your time in echo chambers like this forum and RPG codex talking to people who think just like you do about a very specific demographically minuscule subset of RPGs, ignoring all the rest.

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt