GoG vs Steam veresions  

854 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you redeem your key ?

• Steam
    • GoG

I went with GoG, but the downside of no patches is pretty severe.

This need to feedback to GoG not Obsidian. Once Galaxy client is out, i'm sure that could get sorted out i hope.

No, it's definitely feedback for Obsidian. They're the ones that decided to only release their patch through their various digital distributors, rather than provide it themselves.

They have said they are going to have a standalone patcher in a few weeks however, so the issue is being addressed.

I went with GoG, but the downside of no patches is pretty severe.

This need to feedback to GoG not Obsidian. Once Galaxy client is out, i'm sure that could get sorted out i hope.

No, it's definitely feedback for Obsidian. They're the ones that decided to only release their patch through their various digital distributors, rather than provide it themselves.

They have said they are going to have a standalone patcher in a few weeks however, so the issue is being addressed.

I thought I saw something about that, and went looking for it earlier. Glad I'm not the only one :)

Patch issues are the only problem I have with using GoG, and the pros to just play the game anywhere I want to install it, without requiring login, additional client, or even an internet connection easily overcomes the patch con.  If they can manage to make a standalone, things will be much better :)