I thought they were used as a weapon rather than actually holding the spells you can cast. Like it doesn't affect your spells but just your stats.

I haven't read anything about them except there is a skill used to smash people over the head with it which is a funny animation :0)

Kill a mage, you get his Grimoire. There may be new spells in it which you can use/learn. If you have multiple Grimoires, you can load them with different spells so you have access to more for the day. It takes some time to switch Grimoires. As well, this does not give you more castings per day/encounter, but you can choose from more spells.

• Like 1

If I kill a mage i get his spell book? Are there spells i can ONLY cast if i've killed a certain mage and have his grimoire?

Yes. Enemy mages have the same spells as the PC and you can always choose spells on level up. It can hold 4 spells of each level which is less than you'll get from leveling up. So yes you will need to kill mages to get all the spells. I think you may be asking if there are special super duper spells only found on an enemy wizard? That's very doubtful.

If I kill a mage i get his spell book? Are there spells i can ONLY cast if i've killed a certain mage and have his grimoire?

Yes. Enemy mages have the same spells as the PC and you can always choose spells on level up. It can hold 4 spells of each level which is less than you'll get from leveling up. So yes you will need to kill mages to get all the spells. I think you may be asking if there are special super duper spells only found on an enemy wizard? That's very doubtful.

Kill a mage, you get his Grimoire. There may be new spells in it which you can use/learn. If you have multiple Grimoires, you can load them with different spells so you have access to more for the day. It takes some time to switch Grimoires. As well, this does not give you more castings per day/encounter, but you can choose from more spells.

Well im sure glad I responded even if i was very, very wrong. Learned something nifty here =)