What are you playing now?

Playing Life® in "Iron Man" mode...

Really wanting to get one of the 3 characters I rolled and started going in PoE, but can't find the time at the moment sad.png

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I personally liked the combat in The Witcher 2 much better than TW1.  I'm one of the few people that thought the combat in TW2 was straight up good.  It could have been more responsive, but I overall really liked the system.  I though the combat in TW1 was just plain garbage.  It was basically a rhythm music game, minus the music, and I'm not into rhythm music games.

Anyway, I made it to Polis Station (and chapter 5) in Metro 2033 Redux.  I still have a ways to go, but I'm over the hump now and can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel (pun very much intended).  I had a super tense moment in the last chapter while carrying the little kid.  I got to a point where I was out of medkits and was almost dead (screen quickly blinking red) and reached a checkpoint (stupid checkpoint autosave system), so I was stuck going through the rest of the chapter at basically 1 health.  On the plus side, it did force me into frantic run for my life gameplay, which was super duper tense.  I managed to get through it before I died too many times and got frustrated, so it worked out in the end, I guess.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Currently re-playing my way through baldurs gate : enhanced edition for the 3rd time, this time on a swashbuckler that i plan to export to bg2:ee and dual to mage at lvl 15.

xosmi.gif

I personally liked the combat in The Witcher 2 much better than TW1.  I'm one of the few people that thought the combat in TW2 was straight up good.  It could have been more responsive, but I overall really liked the system.  I though the combat in TW1 was just plain garbage.  It was basically a rhythm music game, minus the music, and I'm not into rhythm music games..

Agreed.  The Witcher 2's combat was solid.  The Witcher 1's was just clunky.  Hit ... wait for flaming sword icon to show up ... hit.  Rinse, repeat.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Occasionally dropping an hour into Path of Exile, still. Enough to get rid of the gaming urge but isn't a committed venture. My Scion-mage is lvl68 and I've been rather dismayed at the imbalance of her ease of going through Merciless difficulty (with almost no defenses) compared to the melee Shadow I tried before.

I recall when Freezing Pulse was the totally OP'd magic spell - they fixed it so that's no longer the case, it's now a good spell but not the only spell you'll ever need/want. Which is a good thing. But the issue with Diablo-like games so often seems to be that mob density is so high and fast that, while melee is always viable (and sometimes kicks butt, too), it still just has a hard time being equal to any ranged attacks that can, say, chain and kill things off-screen you can't even see. Arc and Ice Nova need some balancing imo. Or the gem Spell Echo does. :p

I like powerful mages in these types of games, don't get me wrong, but yeah...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah...that's why I only played sorceresses in Diablo 2. A hammerdin was my second, but it wasn't close: I hated having to constantly switch from teleport to aura to teleport to aura, lining up the hammers so they actually hit things because of the odd hammer arc...and the cost of a playable hammerdin versus a playable sorceress were incomparable: you could always play a sorceress at some level, because you always have teleport. Hammerdin? Have to have Enigma, at the very least, and if you don't have good gear in other respects, you'll never survive the beating that a hammerdin takes because of the dumb hammer arc.

Of course, having thousands of forum gold on d2jsp rather defeats the entire fun of playing D2 at all...which is probably why I don't play it anymore.

In regards to Path of Exile, one thing I hated was a lack of teleport in any class. I hate ALT+F4 being my only escape from unbeatable odds.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

yeah GTA V is awesome. Too bad online mode sux balls

Yeah, I've seen funny things happen in GTA Online but at the end of the day it is no fun at all. The heists could be worth checking out but there are lots of games that do that better(Payday, BF: Hardline). The single player portion of the game is fun as hell though. The world is so alive and interactive that it puts most role-playing games to shame.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I've made it to the final chapter in Metro 2033 Redux.  I think I've suffocated as many times in the game as I have gotten killed by enemies.  I did develop a trick for stretching out the lifespan of my filters, though:  Take off the gasmask when I'm running low, go on without it for about 7 or 8 seconds, until I'm about to suffocate, then put it back on for a few seconds, then take it off again.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  It's a cheesy trick but I absolutely needed to use it in one part where the game autosaved seconds before my gasmask made the ratcheting noise warning me the filter is about to run out and I had to go through a scripted elevator ride down and several amoebas before reaching a locker with more filters.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished Metro 2033 Redux.  I was taken aback by how easy, comparatively speaking, the final chapter was.  The lack of any sort of final boss battle (the trippy final sequence doesn't count) was a bit of a bummer.  Regardless, I thoroughly liked the game, crappy checkpoint autosave system aside.  I'll play Last Light in the future.  For now, I'm diving into Star Trek 25th Anniversary.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Dragon Age Origins, after a long time again!

It´s great and i forgot how much i love it. Which is good...the bad part is i planed to buy DA:I...that is so NOT going to happen after that lol,  I had enough dissapointments this month.

Also, Witcher 3 is coming up and i want to make a new playthru....**** DA:I :blink:

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

yeah GTA V is awesome. Too bad online mode sux balls

Yeah, I've seen funny things happen in GTA Online but at the end of the day it is no fun at all. The heists could be worth checking out but there are lots of games that do that better(Payday, BF: Hardline). The single player portion of the game is fun as hell though. The world is so alive and interactive that it puts most role-playing games to shame.

yeah story mode was awesome, online is like , wait, wait , wait some more, play, wait, play, wait in lobby, wait

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Started playing Pillars of Eternity.  Time to see what all the fuss is about.

Nothing special for RPG veterans

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Finished Poe, beginning cogitations. I'm surprised that there is not a united review/feedback thread so that Obsidian can gather criticism and such.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Star Trek 25th Anniversary - It's worth it for the banter between Spock and Bones alone.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Never played a game where I have to stop, take a breath, look down at my right thumb, pull the stick, push it quickly straight, then cover my eyes and hope I accounted for wind and elevation. When it works, hitting the right shot is a ton of fun, glorious when you get 100% power down the middle. 

Survived Amateur Season, on to Pro-Am where the top spot is around twenty strokes ahead. Whatevs.

3da11fa5-4ea6-4d2e-b1c3-3e6a4106a198_zps

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Valdis Story: Abyssal City

The game didn't see a patch for over a year, but then the devs finally finished creating 2 entirely new characters and a big chunk of additional content. The game is officially content complete now, I believe

I might eventually land into 3 digit hours with this game, already 70% there

Even just the Gilda character turns the game's mechanics on its heads. To mention a few things, she has a double-jump from very start of the game, and her block button? Doesn't block, does a stance-switching laucher attack instead. Dayum

Still playing Diablo 3. Paragon level 140 now, woot

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So far in PoE I've run into 3 recruitable party members.  I haven't turned down any of their offers to join me.  Two of them are pretty useful, but the third I haven't found much use for in combat yet (though I'm still trying to figure out the various spells/buffs/etc.).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Tried to finish the Cinders of Faith quest in PoE, turns out it might be a  tad too hard at lvl7, wish that had been clear before I had spent nearly 30minutes fighting the boss (I spent more time on it, that was *one* try). Ugh.

Of all things about the BGT they could have messed with why did they have to pick combat? :( It's a testament to the rest of the game that I keep going, despite the combat.

Onward and beyond... (post limit).

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts