Usually games on steam are available for pre-load some time before release, and if this will be the case, i'm sure that this option will be available to the people that pre-purchase PoE on steam now. What about backers, will we get our keys before release in order to preload game and start playing right on release day?

• Like 1

Pretty sure BAdler said pre-load should be available on Monday or Tuesday. Should apply to everyone with the Steam version.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Uh, no - you'll get an e-mail prompting you to log in on the Backer Portal, where you can generate a Steam key. (Or GOG, but pre-loading may be trickier/not available?)

I have potato, you have potatoe, still tastes the same  :lol:

GoG doesn't have preloading at all regardless I'm almost certain, so the point is moot.  

I merged two topics that are by and large the same. The two questions revolve around pre-load. One asks if there will be one for backers and the other asked if there would be one for pre-orders. I'd thought pre-orders for STEAM were pre-loaded as I also thought the STEAM backer orders were as well. Tart references a dev up above, so we can certainly hope so. As far as GoG, I haven't heard anything yet, but I'll keep an eye out.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hi. I am just preloading now on Steam. I was Kickstarter -backer (no beta), got no E-mail but in my Profile under the "My Products" tab there was the key gereato avilable. I generated one key for steam and activated it. First came amessage it is not available yet, but it was still in my library with the preload burron.