Normal vs Hard

Just wonder,will diffculty level change looting and EXP?

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

Better to start hard and then decrease the difficulty ingame if there are huge problems

So can someone please confirm, that you can change the difficulty in-game? If so then hard it is, if I get demolished I can then switch to normal...

You can switch between easy, normal, and hard at any time. If you choose Path of the Damned, you're locked in.

I think I'm going to go with Hard difficulty. From the sounds of it it provides a decent challenge with interesting encounters and enemies that aren't gimped, whereas PotD is for the more masachistic players.

I don't min/max obsessively but do power-game to an extent. Saying that, I'm looking forward to a role-playing experience more than anything. I haven't seen any gameplay videos at all, only of character creation but am experienced in RPGs. Bring on the challenge. :-)

Path of the Damned, Expert Mode, and Ironman mode or bust! I can always rehire my min/max party members that die off as I am largely skipping the 8 npc companions. Just have to worry about keeping the main character alive so it will be something ranged.

I just really hate that expert mode doesn't have the AOE indicators. You pretty much have to memorize every spell's radi and there alot of spells. And how the hell are you suppose to aim that one druid spell that shoots in a V. Will be frustrating mostly due to silly friendly fire deaths on POTD. 

Edited by PIP-Clownboy

in BB there were a lot of new types of enemies on hard that were not present on normal and below.

Edited by mrmonocle

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Ive played 3 different builds over the last few hours. Rogue, Cipher, Chanter. I am not a veteran either but have scoured vids of gameplay and builds for about a week now. I tried "hard" and it worked , but I needed to rest after a few encounters and this is just the very beginning of play,

Where to stand in combat, not letting eye candy of combat itself make you forget your needed pause for tactics, gauging who to target first etc is a learning curve. so maybe 'Normal" is best if just to get the hang of things.

I long to be on "hard" mostly for cool factor and extra enemies; that is ;going to have to wait.