We need the Spoilers forum fast!

With all the gameplay videos being posted, everybody (including me) has tons of stuff we want to talk about and ask but we can't since this forum doesn't allow spoiler. I think it would be a good idea if Obsidian now added the Spoiler sub-forum it will benefit those who want to talk about spoilers as well as those who want to avoid them (so that they dont get posted in the non-spoiler forum)

The Unofficial Pillars of Eternity Wiki - Community/Fan Maintained!

The other forums do allow spoilers, but they are currently titled/described for the Kickstarter/development period, which is now confusing, especially to new members.

If you look at the South Park or Dungeon Siege3 forum sections, that's the typical game-release forum structure done in the past - PoE being what it is tho, who knows what they'll do this time around.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I completely agree.

I absolutely do NOT want to discuss any spoilers of ANY kind, but I know that there are many people who will and want.

Saying things like "The other forums do allow spoilers" seems incredibly misleading, given, for example, this forum is literally named "NO SPOILERS". Either it allows spoilers or it doesn't - but I am only still here because I know spoiler's aren't, and I'm sure it is the same for many others.

Saying things like "The other forums do allow spoilers" seems incredibly misleading,

How is what I said misleading? I was referring to the OP's desire to discuss spoilery stuff and not being able to do so in this, the PoE "General" - eg, they could start up a topic in the PoE Gameplay & Mechanics forum instead.

The PoE forums likely need/will get some restructuring to be more suited to post-release-period discussions etc but I'm not in charge of that - I'm just a lowly volunteer forum mod. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Like Red says, this is a matter up for discussion. We're just asking for a little bit of patience. I'm not saying don't post, just keep in mind, we're trying to help out with this issue. Plus, I gotta warn you, that black beast in Red's avatar is her attack kitty and he'll chomp a hunk of flesh out of your backside if you rile 'im up.

On a serious note, keep posting if the issue irks you. No one is telling you to pipe down and shut up. Do so respectfully, which is by and large how it's been so far. Remember that some of us mods are PoE fans and backers also and we, ourselves, don't want to be spoiled. When I say we're trying to help you, we're also trying to help ourselves.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Saying things like "The other forums do allow spoilers" seems incredibly misleading,

How is what I said misleading? I was referring to the OP's desire to discuss spoilery stuff and not being able to do so in this, the PoE "General" - eg, they could start up a topic in the PoE Gameplay & Mechanics forum instead.

The PoE forums likely need/will get some restructuring to be more suited to post-release-period discussions etc but I'm not in charge of that - I'm just a lowly volunteer forum mod. ;)

Excuse me, I misunderstood and thought you were including this forum section aswell.

I understand you're volunteer and all that business - but we really do need a specific spoilers-allowed subforum.

You can't spearhead it by yourself, I understand, but if we can't ask for different forums, on the forum, then how are we supposed to go about it? :)

Like Red says, this is a matter up for discussion. We're just asking for a little bit of patience. I'm not saying don't post, just keep in mind, we're trying to help out with this issue. Plus, I gotta warn you, that black beast in Red's avatar is her attack kitty and he'll chomp a hunk of flesh out of your backside if you rile 'im up.

On a serious note, keep posting if the issue irks you. No one is telling you to pipe down and shut up. Do so respectfully, which is by and large how it's been so far. Remember that some of us mods are PoE fans and backers also and we, ourselves, don't want to be spoiled. When I say we're trying to help you, we're also trying to help ourselves.

I'm cowering in the fear of the black monstrosity already!

And the issue does indeed "irk" me. I know I will have to leave the forum altogether, if stream discussions start piling up.

Which, in fairness, they haven't so far.

Edited by soedenone