Pillars of Eternity has now entered the top sellers chart on Steam!

From what I understand, on "easy" it is actually easy.

That's good to know, never tried it. I just wouldn't think most would pick easy..but maybe they would if they are new :)

I'm stubborn and never pick easy for any game, even if I'm new to it xD

I played the beta on easy for quite awhile until i got used to it, and I'm not a newcomer to the IE-type games. Easy will really help a lot of folks get into this game, I think.

My ultimate wish and desire would be that PoE continues to top the Steam list right up to the day GTA V releases.

Wouldn't that be something?

Oh it will do that and much more.....I doubt GTAV will see the top spot at all....either before or after its release. It's trying to fight against a far more superior game. Divinity Original Sin topped Steam and GOG for at least a month straight.....there's no telling when the reign of PoE will end, it may even last until the launch of Torment: Tides of Numenera.

1zq6793.jpg

Does Steam Chart take into account game key redemptions from those that have backed the game on kickstarter? Or does it only comprise real sales? I hope for the second of course.

The Steam top ten is calculated by the games that are making the most money via the Steam store.  Keys generated for sale elsewhere make no money via Steam and so are not counted.

Does Steam Chart take into account game key redemptions from those that have backed the game on kickstarter? Or does it only comprise real sales? I hope for the second of course.

I don't think so but I'm not entirely certain about Steam, it shouldn't though. GOG doesn't count KS codes redeemed under any of the three versions available at retail because they are different versions of the game....The Kickstarter Royal Edition is not the same as the retail Royal Edition....the KS version has more stuff that cannot be bought anymore.....same for the Hero and Champion editions.

1zq6793.jpg

My ultimate wish and desire would be that PoE continues to top the Steam list right up to the day GTA V releases.

Wouldn't that be something?

Oh it will do that and much more.....I doubt GTAV will see the top spot at all....either before or after its release. It's trying to fight against a far more superior game. Divinity Original Sin topped Steam and GOG for at least a month straight.....there's no telling when the reign of PoE will end, it may even last until the launch of Torment: Tides of Numenera.

GTA V was top spot for a few hours yesterday

The Unofficial Pillars of Eternity Wiki - Community/Fan Maintained!

Pillars of Eternity is now holding the full top 3 on GOG.com!

1. PoE Hero Edition
  2. PoE Royal Edition
  3. PoE Champion Edition

Fourth is The Witcher 3. Yeah, The Witcher 3 has been sold on GOG.com for a while, but currently it is 27% off and I did not expect expect PoE to snag it's top position(s) on CD Projekt's own site.

And the fact that Royal Edition tops over Champion Edition is also pretty funny, but I guess it comes from the fact that those that aren't rich can't afford Champion Edition to begin with, and those that can might as well go big or go home.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

1. PoE Hero Edition
  2. PoE Royal Edition
  3. PoE Champion Edition

Fourth is The Witcher 3. Yeah, The Witcher 3 has been sold on GOG.com for a while, but currently it is 27% off and I did not expect expect PoE to snag it's top position(s) on CD Projekt's own site.

And the fact that Royal Edition tops over Champion Edition is also pretty funny, but I guess it comes from the fact that those that aren't rich can't afford Champion Edition to begin with, and those that can might as well go big or go home.

GOG rules, but the WItcher 3 preorder has been on and off the top spot ever since introduced but never too far away. Even Divinity Original SIn had the top spot for like a month......but yeah, never has any game shown so much ownage as PoE that even got the $90 Royal Edition to outsell everything else....seems unthinkable really but it's happening and I'm happy that Obsidian seems set for great success here.

1zq6793.jpg

• PoE Hero Edition
  • PoE Royal Edition
  • PoE Champion Edition

GOG rules, but the WItcher 3 preorder has been on and off the top spot ever since introduced but never too far away. Even Divinity Original SIn had the top spot for like a month......but yeah, never has any game shown so much ownage as PoE that even got the $90 Royal Edition to outsell everything else....seems unthinkable really but it's happening and I'm happy that Obsidian seems set for great success here.

Yeah, holding not just the top position, but all three of them with a single game is amazing exposure.

t50aJUd.jpg