Pillars of Eternity has now entered the top sellers chart on Steam!

Doesn't it go up the sellers list because the keys are being generated for the backers and end up counting as sales on Valve's platform? I remember SRR had the same thing on day one. Shot up to number one.

Valve's top ten doesn't work that way.  It is based on the games that are currently making the most money in the Steam store.  Keys generated to be given out elsewhere make no money for Steam and are not counted.

• Like 1

Furthermore it took the first place in gmg which is a site that doesnt have any free keys related to it.

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

So far, the "officially not a review"-reviews have been extremely positive. The two biggest german PC-gaming magazines had basicly only positive things to say about the game in their videos.

I expect a very high rating (in the 90's), especially as the game gets the non-AAA bonus.

Get hyped!

Doesn't it go up the sellers list because the keys are being generated for the backers and end up counting as sales on Valve's platform? I remember SRR had the same thing on day one. Shot up to number one.

Valve's top ten doesn't work that way.  It is based on the games that are currently making the most money in the Steam store.  Keys generated to be given out elsewhere make no money for Steam and are not counted.

So a game, which has a price of $10, has to sell 4 times as much as a game, which has a price of $40, to rise above it in the top sellers?

Why does it go up and down like some sort of sinusoidal function?

I didn't see that anyone explained why, but if you notice the date/time it corresponds to when people are online/not at work/etc in various regions of the world.

The weirdest thing to me is that it counts higher as lower, and is capped at 100.

t50aJUd.jpg

According to my Steam store page Pillars of Eternity just knocked Cities: Skylines off it's pedastal and is now sitting in second place.  (Sorry Cities: Skylines) :dancing::banana:

• Like 3

Oh, sweet money. May it climb to #1 and stay there for a long, long time. The longer it's there, the more money there will be to make the sequel as insanely epic as Baldur's Gate 2 was compared to Baldur's Gate. 

• Like 4

#2 now, with Skylines in #3! That is awesome for Paradox!

*Thanks to someone on the obsidian facebook page for making this quick fast*

23776.jpg

Edited by kozzy
  • Like 6

Hahaha, oh wow. I just noticed that Pillars of Eternity Royal Edition has snagged #2 from The Witcher 3 on GOG.com.

GOG Top 5 is:

1. PoE Hero Edition
  2. PoE Royal Edition
  3. The Witcher 3
  4. PoE Champion Edition
  5. Neo-Scavenger (it's part of a special promotion sale, so that explains that).
Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 6

t50aJUd.jpg

Where were Wasteland 2 and D:OS in Steam top sellers a couple days before launch?

D:OS from what I remember was top seller on steam (mostly #1) for about at least 2 weeks. It released at a very good time though, there were really no other major titles to compete with it. I'm sure that contributed. I think the game being designed for multiplayer and being "different" than what most people played really got a lot of people playing IMO. 

I really hope Pillars can match or even beat D:OS but it's hard to say due to no multi, a lot of people in these times seem to love their multiplayer/community type games. Also, Pillars seems quite "hard" for the average gamer IMO. I hope us old timers and CRPG lovers keep the sales strong PLUS a huge wave of newcomers, that would really please me. 

I'll stay as optimistic as possible!! <3

/resist hype FAIL

Edited by Azureblaze

From what I understand, on "easy" it is actually easy.

That's good to know, never tried it. I just wouldn't think most would pick easy..but maybe they would if they are new :)

I'm stubborn and never pick easy for any game, even if I'm new to it xD

Edited by Azureblaze

Pillars is at the top of the charts for sales!  Congrats!  Well earned for all the hard work you've put in since 2012!  I hope y'all make enough money to stop relying on outside funding and be self sufficent her on out!

Edited by knightguy
  • Like 3