Pillars of Eternity has now entered the top sellers chart on Steam!

Btw, what share does Obsidian get for the boxed copy? I plan to buy boxed because I'm a box collector, but if steam or GoG yield significant more returns for them, I might just go with a download and save the time driving into the city.

Edited by Zwiebelchen

Well on GoG, the Hero Edition is top-seller, Champion Edition is 3rd and Royal Edition is 4th. That's what I call ****ing Success!!!

I went onto the boards just to mention this. I think it's hilarious when you're occupying 3 spots in the top 5.

Not good enough. Needs to be 1, 2, and 3.

I would be surprised if they wouldn't doctor the lists so that The Witcher 3 wouldn't be at the very least #2 on the list; and only #2 because they know that people would ask questions if it was constantly #1.

But I can't say I wasn't thinking the same thing. Occupying 1, 2, 3, with the different editions would be hilarious. The insane-price editions are selling better than I thought they would, considering that all of the extras are purely digital and there are no in-game bonuses (hallelujah).

t50aJUd.jpg

If you do not know, the boxed copy is Steam only unfortunately. That's why I am now very happy, that I backed this game and I get DRM-Free box.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

unobstructive installers and DRM-free games not requiring any other applications to install or run.

Look, I install software one way: via a package manager. Does GOG package their games for AUR or have a repository? Because if so I'll switch from the Steam package manager. If I have to unzip some tarball manually—forget about it.

Fnord.

Mr Feargus please make sure this game is playable at release and there is no silly 100GB Day 1 patch. I've already pre-ordered and loaded this game so don't disappoint us!

Or else...go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyessssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, what share does Obsidian get for the boxed copy? I plan to buy boxed because I'm a box collector, but if steam or GoG yield significant more returns for them, I might just go with a download and save the time driving into the city.

I would personally assume that it would be best with a digital copy from that perspective, because there's so many different levels that cuts into the end price of a box (producer, shipping, retailer) but the price remains largely the same (-ish). Meanwhile, digital distributors take a clear ~20% (or something) cut.

That said, if you're that dedicated, I'd invest in both, just to make sure. Boxed for Steam and then get a proper GOG copy for future-proofing. ;)

This is where I also repeat my annoyance over boxed copies being Steam. Absolutely ridiculous. Buy a boxed copy for a singleplayer offline game, requires Steam to install and use. What complete nonsense. I blame Paradox.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

unobstructive installers and DRM-free games not requiring any other applications to install or run.

Look, I install software one way: via a package manager. Does GOG package their games for AUR or have a repository? Because if so I'll switch from the Steam package manager. If I have to unzip some tarball manually—forget about it.

GoG doesn't use a package manager.  You download the game from GoG, the game installs, GoG ****s right off and doesn't do anything.  You want to uninstall, you open the list of programs in windows and uninstall it, or click the uninstall option in the start menu.  

I would personally assume that it would be best with a digital copy from that perspective, because there's so many different levels that cuts into the end price of a box (producer, shipping, retailer) but the price remains largely the same (-ish). Meanwhile, digital distributors take a clear ~20% (or something) cut.

That said, if you're that dedicated, I'd invest in both, just to make sure. Boxed for Steam and then get a proper GOG copy for future-proofing. ;)

This is where I also repeat my annoyance over boxed copies being Steam. Absolutely ridiculous. Buy a boxed copy for a singleplayer game, requires Steam to use. What nonsense.

Both Valve and GoG take a flat 30% cut on every sale made using them as distributor. In that department your choice of store makes no difference.

I think Luckmann is right on the money though. While the pricing of digital/physical copies are similar, there are many more fees associated with physical production and distribution leading to the logical conclusion that digital purchase would net Obsidian more $cash money$

Lot of games are available as .deb packages. Other games which I own and have linux download are in tarball archive. I have only 30 games on GoG, and not all of them are available for linux.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Been playing elite dangerous and city skylines to pass the time..My day off this week was wed..How ever i convinced my boss to swap days an give me fri off..Ill enjoy fri playing all day..Normally ill check like people playing the game early..Im staying away from all that this time around..Godsidion is an always will be the best for rpg makers..Hopefully it will sell millions an will get a pillars 2 and 3..Right now its 2 and 3 on the top seller..Gta v is number one finally bumping off city skylines to #2 im happy for paradox as well.Proves to ea that you do things right people will buy your game..Finally we get a baldurs gate type game we all been missing for years..Thanks obsidion josh you rock de house..Go drink a few beers on thur )...

Mr Feargus please make sure this game is playable at release and there is no silly 100GB Day 1 patch. I've already pre-ordered and loaded this game so don't disappoint us!

Or else...go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyessssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've pre-loaded? where did you buy it from?

• Like 1

It keeps trading places with Arma 3 and CS:GO. It was in 3rd place yesterday, and is fluctuating between 4th and 5th today.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

ARMA 3 has a community with an Off-Topic section for Gaming. There's no Pillars of Eternity thread there :(

I couldn't make a thread either so they might have some "New Member No Thread Making" policy.

Edited by Osvir

Doesn't it go up the sellers list because the keys are being generated for the backers and end up counting as sales on Valve's platform? I remember SRR had the same thing on day one. Shot up to number one.

If that's the case, it's ideal. More "free" publicity.

Doesn't it go up the sellers list because the keys are being generated for the backers and end up counting as sales on Valve's platform? I remember SRR had the same thing on day one. Shot up to number one.

That would be great if true. A few days at #1 should help get more sales.

Valmy, I suspect their sales will do fine. Paradox is handling the marketing and they know how to get a product in front of people.

Pfft like anybody is going to buy yet another city building sim.

Cities_Skylines_cover_art.jpg

Edited by Valmy