Pillars of Eternity: The Road to Eternity - Part 2 Video

Just watched part 1 and 2... Man they are pretty spectacular. My question is, what was  the game that got cancelled? 

Class-based Tetris.

You could choose one of three classes - Summoner, Warrior, and Scamp.

Warriors were good at clearing out blocks (specifically locked blocks that were tough to clear). One of my favorite builds revolved around taking the "Stun" skill which allowed a chance for temporary slowing of falling blocks on crits. If you paired it with two Blockade daggers, your line clears would crit pretty often. It allowed for lots of falling block stoppage which allowed you to set up huge line clearing combos. 

Summoners were really good at block manipulation. Moving blocks from one row to another or one column to another. At higher levels you could do some really sick stuff. I remember the "Fireblast" spell was great for clearing out future blocks that hadn't dropped yet. It allowed you great choice in selecting a good block for maximum clearing.

Scamps were my favorite. They were strange, though. A lot of their abilities would get much better as more of the screen was filled with blocks. They were also the best at clearing locked blocks... in fact, they would get a pretty good XP bonus for clearing them. Normally you would avoid locked blocks, but they were your friend if you were a Scamp.

You gained experience by clearing lines and it would scale your experience gain proportional to your speed. The faster that you cleared lines, the higher the XP gain. You could also chain line clears (clearing a line every time a new block would drop) for some insane XP gains.

I was really sad when it was cancelled, but it was probably for the best.

• Like 19

Just watched part 1 and 2... Man they are pretty spectacular. My question is, what was  the game that got cancelled? 

Class-based Tetris.

Warriors were good at clearing out blocks (specifically locked blocks that were tough to clear). One of my favorite builds revolved around taking the "Stun" skill which allowed a chance for temporary slowing of falling blocks on crits. If you paired it with two Blockade daggers, your line clears would crit pretty often. It allowed for lots of falling block stoppage which allowed you to set up huge line clearing combos. 

Summoners were really good at block manipulation. Moving blocks from one row to another or one column to another. At higher levels you could do some really sick stuff. I remember the "Fireblast" spell was great for clearing out future blocks that hadn't dropped yet. It allowed you great choice in selecting a good block for maximum clearing.

Scamps were my favorite. They were strange, though. A lot of their abilities would get much better as more of the screen was filled with blocks. They were also the best at clearing locked blocks... in fact, they would get a pretty good XP bonus for clearing them. Normally you would avoid locked blocks, but they were your friend if you were a Scamp.

You gained experience by clearing lines and it would scale your experience gain proportional to your speed. The faster that you cleared lines, the higher the XP gain. You could also chain line clears (clearing a line every time a new block would drop) for some insane XP gains.

Woulda been the hypest **** at AGDQ, lemme tell you that.

jcod0.png

Class-based Tetris.

I honestly can't tell if that's an elaborate flight of fancy or not, but hell, I'd have played that game. The Tetris version of Puzzle Quest? Hell yeah.

Edited by CottonWolf

Class-based Tetris.

this was a next gen title? I see ads on my mobile phone of marvel super hero blasting bubbles like what ya are describing. I don't know how that would have been a next gen thing, but maybe 5 yrs ago it was ahead of it's time? So far this seems like you're hearts were more into this game.

Class-based Tetris.

Why would you do research into DircetX11and advance your engine for this? And why would that project have taken up so many people? Including an extra writer.

You trollin'? :)

Edited by C2B

• 3 weeks later...