However, as long as the forum doesn't devolve into flames, I guess it's fitting for folks to be able to blow off a little steam

Puns! Because that's what this forum needs right now. Puns.

Yeah, I agree. Blowing off Steam is the Key to maintaining calm in a situation where folks are just loaded up with anticipation for the game.

Tee hee! This made me snicker.

Obsidian doesn't care about backer people.

I don't think they do really.  If they did they would have released a version for backers just before launch.  We wouldn't all be sitting here wondering why there are no steam keys...they are worried about new buyers not those that paid them.

7a2add73451638e1c8eb8a617f7a58228bfaa041

Edited by HoneyBadgerMan
  • Like 4

I am not personally affected, as I have fast internet access available in my area, but I do think it was stupid (if minor) mistake on Obsidian's part.  There is zero reason for it, and it just gives a negative impression.  

• Like 1

Maybe it is taking so long because there will be a surprise for all of us, because they actually love us. :wub:
Even though we can be impatient and sometimes rude. 

• Like 1

"He who fights trolls should see to it that he himself brings fire or acid" - Me

At the end of the day this is a business, took advantage of kickstarter to offset risks of developing and is reaping the rewards of our backing...most kickstarter note that and make sure their backers have it before others.

• Like 1

At the end of the day this is a business, took advantage of kickstarter to offset risks of developing and is reaping the rewards of our backing...most kickstarter note that and make sure their backers have it before others.

I completely understand your anger, but if backers waited like,2.5 years for the game, I don't see why they can't wait a few more days.

That's crazy talk. of course they care about us. Some of us are getting Obsidian T-shirts out of this. Can't say the same for the Steam pre-orderers.

We care about them. That's why we backed for T-shirts and paid them money. It's not the other way round...

• Like 2
35167v4.jpg

I don't think they do really.  If they did they would have released a version for backers just before launch.  We wouldn't all be sitting here wondering why there are no steam keys...they are worried about new buyers not those that paid them.

Listen, man. I hope you backed it to get a great RPG experience ala Baldur's Gate. I think you will get that, I hope you do. As to keys....my DL speed 126 mbps. I'm not worried. I feel for those that need a day to DL tho....I have been there.

dude relax you sound like an entitled spoilt brat. 

Edited by Excalibur6
  • Like 2

Listen, man. I hope you backed it to get a great RPG experience ala Baldur's Gate. I think you will get that, I hope you do. As to keys....my DL speed 126 mbps. I'm not worried. I feel for those that need a day to DL tho....I have been there.

I'm  not so worried about the predownload as I get high speeds as well...I am dissapointed in how they did the release in general, they really should have had one for the backers.

• Like 4

Sure, I'm not freaking out for your information, even if your post was very small minded.

This is not how you treat your backers, the smaller ones do a much better job of this.

• Like 3

Wanting to receive AT LEAST the same treatment as others when you helped fund a project is now "being entitled"? Please.

• Like 1