so pre-order people are getting the game earlier than us backers. wow

Only people playing before us are press reviewers.

But pre-order people get to pre-load, which is a pretty important feature to some people. (Quite a lot really). 

It's not getting the game earlier, it's being able to pre-load. It's not like they can actually play it yet.

...but I do know what you mean. If a backer wanted to use their key on Steam, it'd be nice to be able to pre-load it as well, soon. :)

Kinda treating backers like 2nd class though isn't it.

• Like 1

It's not getting the game earlier, it's being able to pre-load. It's not like they can actually play it yet.

...but I do know what you mean. If a backer wanted to use their key on Steam, it'd be nice to be able to pre-load it as well, soon. :)

Kinda treating backers like 2nd class though isn't it.

They already have our money...don't need to impress us.

• Like 1

But pre-order people get to pre-load, which is a pretty important feature to some people. (Quite a lot really). 

... how? What does pre-loading do other than give you the jimmies?

It would be stupid for the Steam pre-load to happen before keys were released, but honestly, let's look at three factors here:

1) Obsidian does not have any control over Valve.

2) Technically, you already own the game. 

3) The game doesn't even launch until Thursday. 

• Like 5

Some people should rephrase their dark side to "I'd be preloading right now as any other PoE steam buyer if Obsidian had given us our keys already instead of waiting to the very last moment with the expected delays". Probably, more accurate. Probably, equally frustrating.

• Like 2

Right now, I own the promise of a game.  

And yes I believe I will get the key. The issue of course is that little voice of doubt in the back of our minds. Launches have gotten screwed up before, you have all heard the horror stories.  I think its natural to be a bit concerned.  It would be nice to have some kind of offical communication to calm that little voice in the back of our heads.

Some people should rephrase their dark side to "I'd be preloading right now as any other PoE steam buyer if Obsidian had given us our keys already instead of waiting to the very last moment with the expected delays". Probably, more accurate. Probably, equally frustrating.

I can totally agree to you. Obsidian had the time to sent out the keys to the backers and they delayed it for the very first supporter of the game. I really can't trust my eyes to see something like this... it's just disappointing and maybe it's just a sign that people should think about the past when this product has been on kickstarter. Without the backers noone could even play this game... and now... well... everyone will be faster in the game than the backers because for some reason they have been marked as customers second or even third class.

I hope that Obsidian has got something to make it up to the backers again... otherwise it would be even more disappointing

PS. sorry for mistakes in the English language, it's not my native language :)

I've been pretty much staying out of this thread, only coming in to approve posts, but some of them sound a little overboard. However, as long as the forum doesn't devolve into flames, I guess it's fitting for folks to be able to blow off a little steam (no pun intended) before the game's ship date. Then we'll all be too busy playing to come here to complain. (I know I know! Wishful thinking!)

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It lets you schedule when to download so it saves you money if your ISP data caps.  Also, it lets you play right at release instead of waiting god knows how long.

• Like 5

Preload helps people who have data caps, people who have ****ty internet, and for people who might be taking a trip and will have limited data usage (ie just authenticating credentials) but yes. It's easy to say "preloading doesn't effect me so who cares" because it does effect others.

Yeah. I don't really mind waiting to be 100% honest. I'm just a bit excited now that we're so close to release. I'm going to download the game in no time anyway.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I have very slow internet, so if I'm not able to preload before I go to bed tonight I won't have it downloaded before it releases. Not a big deal, but still kind of a bummer.