@KingNee I always wondered how those people who have nothing to do but post videos of themselfs playing games all day get sent keys??? It's not like lets say Obsedian goes: "Hmmm Bobby does spend a lot of time on youtube posting nonsens lets send him a key in a veigue attemt to sell more copys."

Got to be more to it!!!

Paradox generated 1000 steamkeys that they distributed to youtube let's players and twitch streamers.

They gave priority to people who had already been playing/streaming their other very recent title, Cities: Skylines.

The guy from the video above is called arumba. A quick youtube search of "arumba skylines" netted this:

So there is your explanation for why that guy got access.

@KingNee I always wondered how those people who have nothing to do but post videos of themselfs playing games all day get sent keys??? It's not like lets say Obsedian goes: "Hmmm Bobby does spend a lot of time on youtube posting nonsens lets send him a key in a veigue attemt to sell more copys."

Got to be more to it!!!

Paradox generated 1000 steamkeys that they distributed to youtube let's players and twitch streamers.

They gave priority to people who had already been playing/streaming their other very recent title, Cities: Skylines.

The guy from the video above is called arumba. A quick youtube search of "arumba skylines" netted this:

So there is your explanation for why that guy got access.

And honestly, that makes smart business sense.

We will most likely release it today. We will make an announcement on the forums when everything is live. There will also be a general backer update, but probably not until some time after our initial announcement on the forums.

lol release it now pls

pliis mister

319 guys right now wishing they were streamers. 

Not really.. i just want my key and then i will be happily waiting for release version (with Day 1 patch) ;)

Edited by BaldurCZ
  • Like 1

Where the heck are our keys ? Didn't they say monday/tuesday ?

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

I feel like being honest:

I'd much rather get to download a few of the game documents, like that guide and that almanac right now than preloading (It's not that urgent). Getting the key is nice and all, but I'd like to get in the mood first, with some classy CRPG foreplay.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 5

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'd much rather get to download a few of the game documents, like that guide and that almanac right now than preloading (It's not that urgent). Getting the key is nice and all, but I'd like to get in the mood first, with some classy CRPG foreplay.

Sounds naughty  :dancing:

• Like 1

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

Grrrrr..... Smooth dood! :D

It's noon Tuesday in their offices.

Keep cool, dawg.

This is why people need to stop developing content on the West Coast.

They need to move to australia ...today .. and valve too!

At least then Valve would be able to justify their release schedule with "some weird stuff from being near the International Date Line that nobody really understands".

Meh they

It's noon Tuesday in their offices.

Keep cool, dawg.

This is why people need to stop developing content on the West Coast.

They should just bring their office to Sweden. Just look at our favorable internet providers!

And we've got marabou, everyone loves that ****.

• Like 1

Now to pray Green Man Gaming is on top of it and releases their steam keys at some point before release. Wont be too awful as i have a great internet speed, but man it would be good to get going those couple hours sooner. I wonder if the manual will become available upon entering in your key for the preload or if everything is encrypted until release.

Wish you luck man, most the time they seem to give the keys up in a good manner of time but I have had two experiences with them where I didn't get my key early enough to preload the game and a bit late, but that was rare!

Now to pray Green Man Gaming is on top of it and releases their steam keys at some point before release. Wont be too awful as i have a great internet speed, but man it would be good to get going those couple hours sooner. I wonder if the manual will become available upon entering in your key for the preload or if everything is encrypted until release.

I have had good luck with green man and preloading. I would expect you to get a key tomorrow. Thats dependent on them getting the keys of course.

Yeah this is my first preorder with GMG, but have bought a few things from there (normally I buy from there if I'm getting a game at a time that isn't during a steam sale because of the 20%-25% off vouchers they always have) and have always had a good experience with them so my fingers are crossed. They do have a section on the site that talks about pre loading so I should be good to go unless the pre load is only for backers and they aren't releasing steam keys to all steam pre orders. Again, it's only a couple hours so if it doesn't happen oh well not a huge deal.