Why there is a lot of youtubers/press guys playing already? did they kiscktart/back the project sooner than us? mmm dont like it

They already have our money and its 2 freaking days away. The streamers and youtube people got copies to hopefully build interest for people who haven't bought the game yet so hopefully they do and there can hopefully be a Pillars of Eternity 2 and other games like this and PoE isn't just a one and done. Man the me first entitlement mmm don't like it.

• Like 1

bad bad bad publicity Obsidian, your're negleting your bakers, the guys that saved "your asses".... so come on, give as a 1day headstart... ;(

Bad publicity? They announced the game will be out by the 26th and it will be, so far as I know. Deal with it dude, this has been known for months.

They also said the keys would be out 'probably Monday or Tuesday' so they have one more day (PST of course) to get us our keys.

They also said we will get the phyiscal rewards on release day, which they still can make ... hopefully.

Edited by Vardia

The more I read about all those glorious shipping weeks after release for Europeans, the more happy 2-3 months later for Australia... I live in damn russia and postal "service" here is beyond pathetic... should've switch to digital versions... and should stop doing anything with kickstarter. Some yokels on youtube are already playing and people who basically saved obsidian as a company now sit and stare in monitors waiting for keys... don't want to sound harsh, but obsidian better not be one step from death next time they go to kickstarter... not gonna back anything from there :(

The outrages of this world are almost too traumatic to bear.

But seriously, the point of Kickstarter is to get stuff you want made, it is not so you can glory in making all the creative people in the world owe you something. They said they were going to give us the game on the 26th of March. If they do not do that, well then I could understand being upset.

Ooiii just who do you think you are trying to inject some rational thought into this forum! :)

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Communication could have been better with the backers with regards to physical items, review streams etc. But they are still on target to deliver us an awesome game on the 26th. I'm sure they are very busy with day 1 patch as well as all the press etc they will have going on. As well as the launch party. So until 00:01 26/03 CHILL OUT.

• Like 1

Communication could have been better with the backers with regards to physical items, review streams etc. But they are still on target to deliver us an awesome game on the 26th. I'm sure they are very busy with day 1 patch as well as all the press etc they will have going on. As well as the launch party. So until 00:01 26/03 CHILL OUT.

Their time or ours? :p

Not a chance!

If Obsidian cares about our mental well-being, they can start by releasing the keys NOW!

... and it took me a week of nothing but eating, gaming and sleeping to complete :p

But I'm a very important Kickstarter investor who literally saved Obsidian from destruction.

• Like 2

The worst part is the waaaaait. What do you start playing so close to a release?

Oh gief to me teh holeh, pillarly ambrosia!

The worst part actually is that i will be playing D&D on the 26th when it releases! So can load it fine till the 27th when i can finally play...

My Steam is not going to unlock my game until 10:00 their time on 26/03 for whatever reason. Not sure how that applies to everybody else.

Yeah we know, but preloading would be nice.......

Yeah they said they would be preloading. Hopefully tonight.

I don't like waiting, but Obsidian has no obligation to give us keys early. On time, yes. Not early. It would be nice, of course! But we're not entitled to get them before anyone else.

Also Steam is NOT preloading yet.

bad bad bad publicity Obsidian, your're negleting your bakers, the guys that saved "your asses".... so come on, give as a 1day headstart... ;(

Bad publicity? They announced the game will be out by the 26th and it will be, so far as I know. Deal with it dude, this has been known for months.

They also said the keys would be out 'probably Monday or Tuesday' so they have one more day (PST of course) to get us our keys.

well they also said we would get our physical goods on day 1... and i just read now on the 91 Update page that there were problems... fazit: bakers get their physical goods later than amazon buyers, sry man, but not fair (i know i know, there can always be problems and whining gets me nothing)

buuuut:

1. Better communication would have helped (Mostly about shiping issue)

2. 1Day prerelease would be a nice guesture

thats what i mean with bad publicity, making the people angry that made the project possible IS bad publicity...

Edited by gnoemli

well they also said we would get our physical goods on day 1... and i just read now on the 91 Update page that there were problems... fazit: bakers get their physical goods later than amazon buyers, sry man, but not fair (i know i know, there can always be problems and whining gets me nothing)

buuuut:

thats what i mean with bad publicity, making the people angry that made the project possible IS bad publicity...

Well even more regarding customers in Europe since it seems we were never meant to get the physical rewards on time.

• Like 1

That kind of thing ALWAYS happens with physical goods. That is why I never do physical goods anymore.

This time it was a dockworkers strike. Nothing anybody had any control over and they did tell us well before day 1.

As for Amazon, I am still going to be playing well before they will and so will you.

Edited by Valmy

That kind of thing ALWAYS happens with physical goods. That is why I never do physical goods anymore.

This time it was a dockworkers strike. Nothing anybody had any control over and they did tell us well before day 1.

As for Amazon, I am still going to be playing well before they will and so will you.

like i said, this kind of things can happen, but communication is everything and sry but 3 or 4 posts of BAndler in a Thread concerning other things isn't well communicated... needles to point to the survey of shipping with/without game...

and sry man but a shipping delay of weekS... i don't know but thats a looot of a delay...

But yes, i'm exited like a child to play PoE on 26th :dancing:

buuuut:

Well even more regarding customers in Europe since it seems we were never meant to get the physical rewards on time.

<-- from switzerland

Edited by gnoemli

I don't like waiting, but Obsidian has no obligation to give us keys early. On time, yes. Not early. It would be nice, of course! But we're not entitled to get them before anyone else.

Also Steam is NOT preloading yet.

Larian and inXile actually give me the keys very early, that gimme time to download the whole game before the release date. If they release the key the same day of the release i am going to play the 28th... I CAN'T LE THAT HAPPEN.

Yes i know, my english sux.

I understand everyone's frustration, and believe me I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for my Steam code, but come on guys, all this negativity isn't going to help anyone. Obsidian presumably don't have time to read through the forums this late in the game, but I'm sure if any of them actually did all your bitchin' would hardly help motivate them to get those Steam/GOG codes flowing...

And what's with the sudden sense of entitlement? Try to remember why you backed the game in the first place. You're not a standard gamer who preordered the game; you're an investor. You put money down when a publisher wouldn't and MADE this game happen. You're going to be rewarded depending on how much you invested, and you will have a digital copy by the 26th. Stop complaining and try a little patience!

Also, I know everyone is a little disgruntled about Streamers and Youtubers having the game before you... But please remember this is Obsidian's FIRST crowd funded project and first game they've been able to give to Steamers off their own back as an experiment to see how much hype is generated. This whole thing is an experiment that is so far successful, but it's still an experiment. No-one knew how successful it would be, or if it would even get funded. This whole process is drawing to a close, but OE still have a lot to do. Generating 80,000+ Steam/GOG codes and a system to work out who gets what, and implementing it, it all takes a lot of time and planning and I'm sure they're on top of things.

Remember too, when Revolution kickstarted Broken Sword 5 they pretty much ruined the launch through no fault of their own. No-one is used to crowd funding except Double Fine! :p

Now calm down the lot of you and watch Adventure Time for a few days! ;)

• Like 3

I have the backer beta installed, and I'm pretty sure that I used one of my two game steam keys to access it. Does PoE install over that beta or do I need to get a new key to download the game? 

The beta key is completely separate. You get new key(s) and be able to choose which platform you want it on.

• Like 1