Does it really take that long for kickstarter goods to reach Australia? I guess by the time they arrive I'll be ready for another playthrough, hopefully with a couple patches installed.

If you get unlucky. I've found stuff I buy from US can take anywhere between 5 and 40 days to get here

Maybe someone sharing my name annoyed someone in customs and they're keeping it in a warehouse for a few weeks before sending it to me or something, but I'm not exaggerating the timings I've previously experienced. But hey, maybe this team forked out for a much quicker delivery option than the other kickstarters and it'll be sitting on my doorstep tomorrow.

...Yeah, I think I'll rely on my digital copy.

The more I read about all those glorious shipping weeks after release for Europeans, the more happy 2-3 months later for Australia... I live in damn russia and postal "service" here is beyond pathetic... should've switch to digital versions... and should stop doing anything with kickstarter. Some yokels on youtube are already playing and people who basically saved obsidian as a company now sit and stare in monitors waiting for keys... don't want to sound harsh, but obsidian better not be one step from death next time they go to kickstarter... not gonna back anything from there :(

The Steam Forums suggest that the preload has started.

If you mean the 'When will it be possible to start pre-loading' thread, the person who responded saying "Downloading now" was joking/trolling and they've since deleted that comment.

The Steam Forums suggest that the preload has started.

If you mean the 'When will it be possible to start pre-loading' thread, the person who responded saying "Downloading now" was joking/trolling and they've since deleted that comment.

Ahh yeah thats what i have seen ... well i cannot check myself.

The more I read about all those glorious shipping weeks after release for Europeans, the more happy 2-3 months later for Australia... I live in damn russia and postal "service" here is beyond pathetic... should've switch to digital versions... and should stop doing anything with kickstarter. Some yokels on youtube are already playing and people who basically saved obsidian as a company now sit and stare in monitors waiting for keys... don't want to sound harsh, but obsidian better not be one step from death next time they go to kickstarter... not gonna back anything from there :(

I think you have a rather skewed perspective on Obsidian's financial state at the time of the Kickstarter.

I think you have a rather skewed perspective on Obsidian's financial state at the time of the Kickstarter.

Watch the documentary The Road to Eternity.

Obsidian was nearly bankrupt, when they decided to go to kickstarter.

Edited by Couga

The outrages of this world are almost too traumatic to bear.

But seriously, the point of Kickstarter is to get stuff you want made, it is not so you can glory in making all the creative people in the world owe you something. They said they were going to give us the game on the 26th of March. If they do not do that, well then I could understand being upset.

• Like 4

I just thought that was cool. I did not realize this was just another excuse for entitlement.

• Like 1

bad bad bad publicity Obsidian, your're negleting your bakers, the guys that saved "your asses".... so come on, give as a 1day headstart... ;(

Bad publicity? They announced the game will be out by the 26th and it will be, so far as I know. Deal with it dude, this has been known for months.

They also said the keys would be out 'probably Monday or Tuesday' so they have one more day (PST of course) to get us our keys.

Edited by Valmy
  • Like 1

Obsidian gimme some love, gimme my key!!! it's 9:49 AM and still i don't sleep waiting!!!

It's not even 8 AM on the west coast. I doubt anyone is even in the Obs offices yet (or at least, very few). If they get the keys out today it's still likely going to be several more hours.

Edited by Ink Blot

I stand corrected. I haven't watched that yet. Still, as Valmy pointed out, Obs hasn't failed on any obligations as of yet.

I am pissed watching others play with my precious.

Dude, why you watching then? I'm pointedly not watching any streams of the game. Don't want spoilers and don't want to torture myself. Save yourself some angst and step away from the streaming vids! :no: