I really haven't been following up.... at all.

Either way is it written anywhere how the keys are going to be delivered?

Are they emailing it - or would it just appear in the backers portal like they did with wasteland 2?

They will send a Kickstarter update out telling you to go to your backer portal to get it

• Like 1

As long as I can start playing by friday afternoon, I dont really care if someone who preordered gets to play before me. We backers should get the keys before a normal customer, "should", but I dont think its that important. That said, even if we end up having some delay with the key delivery, it wont change the pride I feel for having backed this game : )

• Like 2

This is funny. Evryone can buy this game on Steam and pre-load it, but me - who give them money like 1 year ago - can't. Seems fine to me. Im not gonna buy any **** from them in the near future.

You will be able to play, the second the game is released. So what does it matter? Don't be "that" guy.

• Like 1

This is funny. Evryone can buy this game on Steam and pre-load it, but me - who give them money like 1 year ago - can't. Seems fine to me. Im not gonna buy any **** from them in the near future.

Yeah not only that, but we will also not get the physical goods this week in Europe which would have influenced the vote about when to ship it.

Still i am very glad that pillars even happened and i do not mind having paid 290$ for it even though with that amount i seem to be second class, because it was paid upfront.

Hopefully Pillars gets so huge that they can make a Baldurs Gate 3 or Iceind Dale 3 within the D&D Rules.

You will be able to play, the second the game is released. So what does it matter? Don't be "that" guy.

That depends on your download speed, maybe someone will actually take days to download a game?

That depends on your download speed, maybe someone will actually take days to download a game?

Oh, come on now.

Really? I'm looking at the Steam Forum for the game now, and the most recently posted-to topic on pre-loading (updated an hour ago) has people wondering when pre-loading will start - in other words, as far as I can see even the people who bought it on Steam haven't had the opportunity to pre-load it yet.

Oh, come on now.

Well i will download it with 60 Mbit/s but even here in Germany there are areas where you have to live with speeds below 1 MBit/sec

FFS, game will be released in two days. They still have time. One day or another won't make a difference if you can't play game before 26th anyway. Some of you act like children (Mommy! I want that new toy NOW!!!) or women with PMS.

You backed this game because you wanted it to make real, or because you wanted to brag that you get the steam-key before anyone?

Then that person must be very silly in considering/ordering DIGITAL copy. At KS campaign there weren't any information that backers will get keys before release anyway. So it's not that Obsidian cheated anyone.

Edited by hernedpea
  • Like 3

No. Dont be that guy: "omg game so good! omg game so oldschool; they are so awesome". No. We are customers, even more: we are backers. Without us they will never develop POE. Thats a fact. And yes - i want to be treated in special way. I want to get my game BEFORE normal customers. But life is life: they get our money, develop game, sell it, and forget about backers. Thats a sad story about kickstarter.

• Like 1

FFS, game will be released in two days. They still have time. One day or another won't make a difference if you can't play game before 26th anyway. Some of you act like children (Mommy! I want that new toy NOW!!!) or women with PMS.

You backed this game because you wanted it to make real, or because you wanted to brag that you get the steam-key before anyone?

Then that person must be very silly in considering/ordering DIGITAL copy. At KS campaign there weren't any information that backers will get keys before release anyway. So it's not that Obsidian cheated anyone.

They might have ordered the physical edition like i did too, but since that will take weeks for us in europe to get here and even more weeks after for the DVDs they have no choice if they want to play this week.

They might have ordered the physical edition like i did too, but since that will take weeks for us in europe to get here and even more weeks after for the DVDs they have no choice if they want to play this week.

Well, that sucks indeed, but still, everyone should be aware that this scenario could happen, especially when ordering from another continent.

You are aware that all the physical stuff has already been shipped, yes? It's all in transit, and scheduled to be delivered on the 26th. If it isn't, that'll be due to local postal services. 

You are aware that all the physical stuff has already been shipped, yes? It's all in transit, and scheduled to be delivered on the 26th. If it isn't, that'll be due to local postal services. 

They said that is not the case for european customers though. They will get their stuff weeks later for a hefty 30 $ shipping cost even.

Edited by Vardia

Boxed edition of Wasteland dowloaded all data from steam. DVD was useless. At least in our CE version.

Edit: Plus there is big chance we have to download huge patch.

Unless you emailed them for them to send you a replacement DRM free disc.

"It is an extraordinary act of courage to come to know a stranger's pain. To even consider such a thing demands a profound dispensation, a willingness to wear someone else's chains, to taste their suffering, to see with one's own eyes the hue cast on all things -- the terrible stain that is despair."

-Tulas Shorn

"Toll the Hounds" by Steven Erikson

Boxed edition of Wasteland dowloaded all data from steam. DVD was useless. At least in our CE version.

Edit: Plus there is big chance we have to download huge patch.

Unless you emailed them for them to send you a replacement DRM free disc.

Not day one thing i guess. 

I've tended to receive most of my physical items from kickstarter projects around 2-3 months after they send out a 'we've shipped your stuff!' updates (Australia here). Maybe this one will break the trend, but I won't hold my breath and I'll be installing the digital copy instead once the key comes in.

They said that is not the case for european customers though. They will get their stuff weeks later for a hefty 30 $ shipping cost even.

I am glad that we have bought the digital collectors edition, because we live in germany too. And it would have been really nice if every backer would have been able to download the release version on the date when obsidian got the gold version of the game. So everyone even those with a bad internet connection would have more than enough time to download the game and be ready for the release date. But at least we can still hope to be able to start downloading today or tomorrow... otherwise many people with bad internet connections will be sad about that dev decision, especially because some youtubers got already the possibilites to download the game early.

• Like 1