Does anyone know how to choose between Gog and Steam? I guess it will just be when they give us the key, but want to be sure I have not missed anything.

If I have multiple digital downloads (gifts for friends), do I have to choose the same medium for all of them?

would like to know this too,

I believe one of the developers said that you should be able to choose different platforms for your different keys on the backer portal once they're available, and to just email support if you run into trouble doing so.

I'm told that steam non-backer users have their hands on their keys and are able to pre-load, while us backers ("slackers" or otherwise) still haven't received our keys.

That seems odd and just reinforces this bad feeling I have. Please, please, please enable me to play this game on friday!

• Like 1

Digital Keys will be released on backer portal, where we will choose our format.

maybe a silly question but what is the backer portal?

http://eternity.obsidian.net/

..login and if you're a backer you should see some drop-down options under your sign-in name (Manage Pledges, My Account etc).

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm told that steam non-backer users have their hands on their keys and are able to pre-load, while us backers ("slackers" or otherwise) still haven't received our keys.

That seems odd and just reinforces this bad feeling I have. Please, please, please enable me to play this game on friday!

I'm not sure who told you this but there is nothing on the Pillars of Eternity Steam forums about people pre-loading already.

• Like 1

I'm not sure who told you this but there is nothing on the Pillars of Eternity Steam forums about people pre-loading already.

Nope there's nothing yet. Someone I know preordered today and they aren't preloading. It's not up yet.

The only ones further along then us are the streamers and reviewers for publicity reasons..

WE'LL NEVER GET THEM!!! PANIC AND REVOLT!!!

This. Time to burn the place down!

Quick everyone, grab a pitchfork.

I've always dreamed of being part of a mob with pitchforks and torches! I'd be the one yelling, 'Hangin's too good fer' 'em!'

Edited by Halsy

Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!

I'm fairly sure there's an overarching conspiracy at this point, make as many threads asking for Steam keys for backers as possible to clog up the forum, no matter that there is at least 10+ other threads where people have answered Monday/Tuesday, until OCD devs go insane and actually send out keys so people would stop clogging up their forum with dumb threads 

• Like 2

I'm fairly sure there's an overarching conspiracy at this point, make as many threads asking for Steam keys for backers as possible to clog up the forum, no matter that there is at least 10+ other threads where people have answered Monday/Tuesday, until OCD devs go insane and actually send out keys so people would stop clogging up their forum with dumb threads 

He's uncovered the plot! Burn him!

• Like 1

CURSE YOU :D

I dunno. I think we should have had our keys by now. Other folks are already pre-loading.

People keep saying this but who are you talking about ;p?  Even if they are, who cares?  The game isn't 50 gigs and you can't play it until the 26th preload or not.

Edited by Karkarov

I dunno. I think we should have had our keys by now. Other folks are already pre-loading.

People keep saying this but who are you talking about ;p?  Even if they are, who cares?  The game isn't 50 gigs and you can't play it until the 26th preload or not.

Why the hostility? 

"Most" of us here want to pre-load because we get access to the EXTRAS (Guidebook, Almanac, etc, etc.). 

Calibrating...

Dudes on the Steam forum who just bought the game, obviously. They might be BSing, who knows.

Nope - just checked again for the second time today - nobody on the Pillars of Eternity Steam forum is posting about preloading that I can see.  Feel free to link to a thread where people are saying that if i missed it.