I'm mostly just waiting for the other stuff right now. I know the game isn't going to come out until Thursday, fine. But we're supposed to get some nice supplementary material along with the keys, like almanacs and guidebooks. That's the stuff I want right now. 

• Like 1

I'm mostly just waiting for the other stuff right now. I know the game isn't going to come out until Thursday, fine. But we're supposed to get some nice supplementary material along with the keys, like almanacs and guidebooks. That's the stuff I want right now. 

agreed, I would love to read that stuff, and it will help to make me choose what class I want to play first, I think either a ranger or a pally, but then again, a monk or a rogue, no wait make that a ....................

damn it, I' can't decide now.

• Like 1

yeah, I'm just itching to play this myself, but its the guide and other stuff I want to download as well, come on keys, don't be too late, I want to do a good amount of reading before I jump into the game.

My theory is they are only going to unlock all this stuff simultaneously on Thursday.

I'm kinda out of track here... My Kickstarter orders says: Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.

But will we receive a Steam Key?

• Like 1

This Wall doesn't have hole in it.

I doubt they send all this stuff out this fast anyway. How many backers were there? Over 77.000? If they were trying to contact all of them right away, they'd probably be blocked as spammers by various services. KS (I assume it'll be a KS mail) surely has some limits of how many mails it sends per hour to avoid unforeseen consequences.

They're smart guys. So they'll just do as they did with the beta keys; that is to say add them to our individual obsidian.net profiles, that they required us to setup after the kickstarter concluded. This way they only have to send out one email informing backers that their keys are now ready to be claimed on the backer site. :)

Edited by Epsilon

Looking forward to the guide and artwork and stuff as well too.

Sidequestion: Will you guys choose Steam or GOG?

I was going to go with GOG because I prefer DRM free, but their relatively slow patch releases compared to Steam and the fact that I can't preload with GOG is swaying me towards Steam, especially since I'll have a nice DRM free physical copy eventually anyway.

Looking forward to the guide and artwork and stuff as well too.

Sidequestion: Will you guys choose Steam or GOG?

I'm not a Steam hater, but given the choice, I never choose to shackle my games to a client, so I'll go with GOG. Sure, it means I'll likely get ptatches/updates a couple days later and I'll not be able to pre-load. But the latter doesn't really bother me and the former sometimes means that patch glitches are discovered and fixed before I get the patch. No big deal there either. I want the game on release day, but I don't need it a 12:01 AM (although I'll likely be up and get the DL started at that time...)

• Like 3

Does anyone know how to choose between Gog and Steam? I guess it will just be when they give us the key, but want to be sure I have not missed anything.

If I have multiple digital downloads (gifts for friends), do I have to choose the same medium for all of them?

Does anyone know how to choose between Gog and Steam? I guess it will just be when they give us the key, but want to be sure I have not missed anything.

If I have multiple digital downloads (gifts for friends), do I have to choose the same medium for all of them?

would like to know this too,