Pillars of Eternity Beginner's Guide

Hey Sensiku. What race would you recommend for a Wizard? This post has more detail if you're interested. Cheers!

EDIT: I ended up going with a Wood Elf in the end. They seem pretty good for a Wizard. I went with high might and int, with a bit in dex as well.

Edited by Telmorial

Hi, i built a high INT chanter with the idea that the buff to radius and duration would be great for my chants, but in-game i can't see any indicator that my chants are being affected by my high INT, unlike with my Invocations and other character abilities.

Does anyone have proof that chants are affected by INT?

(Sorry, haven't watched the videos yet, i'm at work atm :p )

Edited by Guinaur

Okay.

Gonna use this for my fourth restart.

As much as I love Chanters, a warrior works much better for RP purposes if I'm playing as my friends LARP character, Shiloh. Also, the ar vet background is the most interesting thus far. I tried RPing as a War Vet Support Chanter, but didn't feel it.

What is the Carnage damage actually? Is it just some percentage of your normal damage? And does carnage benefit from all the things that your normal attack does, like from weapon styles, weapon bonuses like the DR pen on an estoc, or modals like Vulnerable Attack?

I like Weapon Focus Peasant, you have spears for accuracy and hatchets for defense and a quarterstaff if you need a reach weapon. Thinking about using reach weapons actually, Is the carnage AoE centered around the player or the target? I'd quite like being able the attack from the back lines with a squishy DPS character.

i made my character a little more well, extreme.

18 10 18 7 18 7. should probably dumped con more and get some more perception since shes squishy as hell anyways who cares about hp then.

fighting with a greatsword and hide armor no one deals more damage than her (just finished ch.1).

its no frontline character though but i was aware of that from the start.

Do(es? English fail yoh) Death's Usher and Soul Whip stack?

Does. Not being a smartass, you just asked, and the best way to learn is to be corrected. original.gif

For both your curiosities' sakes, Fredward was actually correct (so English WIN! :) ). Death's Usher AND Soul Whip are both stacking (even though it's a question... they're questionably stacking), so 2 things are stacking. "Does things stack?" isn't right, so that's a good way to figure out which to use. "Do things stack?" Yup. :). Or, to go it another way, a thing "does" stack, and things "do" stack. So, just figure out if you're dealing with a thing, of if you're dealing with things.

It gets a little dumb if you simply replace that "and" between the two ability names with "or." Because technically, only one OR the other is doing the stacking. Never both. So then it's "does Death's Usher OR Soul Whip ... (insert verb here)" That's the kind of rule that becomes little more than a technicality, though, as "Do Death's Usher OR Soul Whip ... (insert verb here)" doesn't suddenly cause you to not know what the question is or anything.

Annnnnnnnnywho... 8P

English is a silly language, but there are some little tricks to use for most of it. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Hi Sensuki,

Just want to thank you again on all your hard work on these guides, really appreciated :)

Playing the rogue as main on hard and enjoying it. Funnily enough, for all my cRPG playing years, it's the first time as main 

This game is amazing! Taking me back all those years to BG, IWD and Torment. Nostalgia realised in 2015 and doing justice for sure

Good luck with the Cricket World Cup Final tomorrow  :thumbsup: