What is the deal with the Steam Forums and all of the trolling threads on the POE board?

I like Steam but there forums are not the place to find objective opinions on a game that hasn't been released yet 

I use Steam forums to normally find out specific information about a game when I'm playing it. So I would ask for input around finding something or advice on beating a particular enemy, And the comments are generally useful and polite 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The number one problem with this game right now (why you should not buy)

Basically guys I want this game to be good, but it's been designed by a real LOONY

This guy Josh Sawyer who you may have heard of is OBSESSED with ballancing every little thing out in his game and basically making things feel as bland as possible.

:facepalm:

This better be a better game than baldurs gate or icewind...[/size]

cause if it not i complain about price on forums.

do not buy this game

play the old republic instead, even tho its mmo, the story and writing is 100% better. theres at least 3 romance sub plot for every single class you can play for every single side you can choose. the guys who made pillars of eternity cant even write a single one in this game, says a lot about the skills of this studio and the amount of effort they putting in this game

Weird - Witcher 3 almost the same price and 16 free dlcs

this one - the graphic, the gameplay, what justifies such a high price? Anyone?

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The number one problem with this game right now (why you should not buy)

Basically guys I want this game to be good, but it's been designed by a real LOONY

This guy Josh Sawyer who you may have heard of is OBSESSED with ballancing every little thing out in his game and basically making things feel as bland as possible.

This better be a better game than baldurs gate or icewind...[/size]

cause if it not i complain about price on forums.

do not buy this game

play the old republic instead, even tho its mmo, the story and writing is 100% better. theres at least 3 romance sub plot for every single class you can play for every single side you can choose. the guys who made pillars of eternity cant even write a single one in this game, says a lot about the skills of this studio and the amount of effort they putting in this game

Weird - Witcher 3 almost the same price and 16 free dlcs

this one - the graphic, the gameplay, what justifies such a high price? Anyone?

Yeah, it's possible to have a very sheltered existence posting on the Obsidian boards (and other civilized places). You kind of forget how stupid people are out there in the real world.

• Like 2

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

yeah lots of trolls on Steam :)

This forum is better

It certainly has been for the development of this game. It will be interesting to see what happens here when the game is released.

If you listened to the Steam forums when Shadowrun came out, you'd think it was nothing but horrible mess of trash and bull**** with no redeeming value of any sort...and also, the least Shadowrun thing ever. Including the Xbox game.

Even a stopped clock...

Whenever there is a big game release that is obviously popular you will see the same thing.  Most of the people making those kind of posts are just doing it to try and get a rise out of fans of the game.  They are trying to get people to argue with them and create a negative atmosphere.  If they break the Steam discussion forum rules and guidelines report their posts, otherwise ignore them.  Create threads about the stuff that interests you, that you would rather see discussed instead. 

• Like 1

Just to break up the bashfest on steam forums,  any time I had a game that failed to launch or had some annoying issue I have always found the solution on the steam forums. So yeah you have to deal with the tightwad trolls but there are some good folks too that post helpful posts as well.

• Like 1

I had to log on just to comment on this. The Steam forums are horrible, I always feel awful after looking at them. People on there will complain about everything, price, gameplay, graphics all well knowing only what's on the store page... And they likely didn't even read it all. I browsed the Steam forums for Payday a while back and it seems that people will constantly complain about $5 DLC that they can play for free but don't get the full content unless the pay $5...