Pretty beautiful portraits. This makes me want to play a

Wild Orlan instead of my Thyrtan Human that I wanted to.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Great portraits - love the aumaua one especially (though they're all good).

Best I can do is my current avatar, which I'll be using for my 1st playthrough as a druid)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Holy Catfish! These are great! 

If you actually expect people to use these however, you should remove the watermark. I realize you want to promote your work but it defeats of purpose of posting them in a community setting (except of course to simply get praise). 

These are awesome! I particularly love that Orlan! Wouldn't work for my character, but so awesome looking.

Thanks! :D What kind of character -are- you going to play?

These are fantastic.  Do you do any other artwork for games and stuff?

Thank you. :)

Nope, I'd like to...but I am kinda flailing aimlessly atm. (Also trying to wrap up some other "project".)

Add being really shy and awkward to having massive self-doubt, and you have my skills at self promotion.

I mean, seriously,  I meant to post here for days...and I nearly talked myself out of it again.

Pretty epic portraits. This makes me want to play a Wild

Orlan instead of my Thyrtan Human that I wanted to.

Give in~

Playing human is bad for you, why don't you try some orlan?

Just imagine the soft silky fur, and twitching ears... also racial discrimination... er, wait...

• Like 3

I might as well...  - deviantArt  -  Tumblr  -   Facebook

(warning: don't click, if you can't take evil, vile artists putting their name on their work.)

Specifically, I'm going to play an Orlan Cipher from Old Vaila who is fleeing his slave past and has gone a little crazy and a little native in the Dyrwood; courteous, polite, passionate, and viciously/brutally pragmatic. I'm planning on refusing to discuss my slave past at the beginning, being pretty open about other stuff, and hopefully having the option to slowly reveal my slave past over the course of the game as I deal with the problems and issues facing me.

A dream portrait would require an Orlan who is, at the least, scarred and a little wild-eyed. :)

Edited by Katarack21

I'm not in the industry, but it sure seems like to me you definitely have the ability. I'd encourage you to reach out to some of the people at these companies, they always need art assets.  And the more you post the more likely you'll catch the eye of someone important.  Best of luck!  

I looked up your website and it looks like it's down at the moment.  If you have a Tumblr or other blog I'd love to check out your other work though.

I'm not fond of that, since people rarely give credit and often crop signatures.)

I like your portraits, but do you expect people to play with a huge logo of your company on their portrait? Are you going to remove the logo for people to be able to use the portraits?

• Like 1
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Best I can do is my current avatar, which I'll be using for my 1st playthrough as a druid)

:D <3 I was kinda worried, nobody would like that one. Because...you know, orlans being fluffy.

Is that 3d? Kinda reminds me of  P:T.

If you actually expect people to use these however, you should remove the watermark. I realize you want to promote your work but it defeats of purpose of posting them in a community setting (except of course to simply get praise). 

I originally meant to crop them, and add something easier to cut off. But last time I -did- try to crop them, that stuff up there was cut off anyways. (It's up there to be less obtrusive.)

I am not 100% sure that is still the case (might have to check), but it made that other exercise kinda pointless.

Yes, I do not like posting stuff without my name, I actually don't like -other peoples- paintings without something to indicate their origin either...

Especially considering hardly anyone ever bothers to give credit.

However, saying that "it defeats of purpose of posting them in a community setting" is somewhat over the top, in my opinion.

I mean, it might not be ideal, but seriously ..at worst that makes them non-portrait-ready fanart.

That way it just sounds like it would make any signatures or watermarks disqualifying in a community setting....

• Like 5

I might as well...  - deviantArt  -  Tumblr  -   Facebook

(warning: don't click, if you can't take evil, vile artists putting their name on their work.)

:D <3 I was kinda worried, nobody would like that one. Because...you know, orlans being fluffy.

I originally meant to crop them, and add something easier to cut off. But last time I -did- try to crop them, that stuff up there was cut off anyways. (It's up there to be less obtrusive.)

I am not 100% sure that is still the case (might have to check), but it made that other exercise kinda pointless.

Yes, I do not like posting stuff without my name, I actually don't like -other peoples- paintings without something to indicate their origin either...

Especially considering hardly anyone ever bothers to give credit.

However, saying that "it defeats of purpose of posting them in a community setting" is somewhat over the top, in my opinion.

I mean, it might not be ideal, but seriously ..at worst that makes them non-portrait-ready fanart.

That way it just sounds like it would make any signatures or watermarks disqualifying in a community setting....

So you will not remove the watermark, correct?

You're only posting these to self-promote, but you emphatically do not want people to use these portraits in game, correct?

• Like 3
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

yeah - I use a 3D program then postwork with some filters and touch-ups.

Wish I could paint properly but I get by.

I encourage you to post more of your work - they're ace (and we do need some more portraits for aumaua/orlan/godlike types :) )

Edit: For ingame portraits - the dimensions are 210x330 for large and 76x96 for small - the game will resize larger portraits to fit but the compression apparently blurs it slightly so best to resize it yourself in whatever software you use (PS/Gimp/etc)

Edited by Silent Winter
  • Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

MOAR!!!

BTW: I'll using that Wild Orlan portrait as my first main. Well friggin' done.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Honestly they deserve to be in the actual game.

IF THE WATER MARK WASN'T THERE.

BTW: Do you have a version without the water mark?

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

With the watermark though?

I'll cut the portrait down to below the water mark.