I'd like to ask if day 1 patch release means just that: if there will be a patch the same day of the release date. If not, how much time we must wait until that patch? 3-4 days? 2 weeks?

I played IE games only one time per tittle. I'll start playing when a solid crash-free (without serious bugs) version of PoE is released.

Yes, there will be a day 1 patch.

Then, will the game released on 26 march contain this patch or we must update it?

Depends whether or not you preload. If you preload, you will have to download the patch. If you do not, then the download should include the first patch. 

Day 1 patch means exactly what it's called.

It's extremely utterly unlikely this will be the only patch though or, in true RPG-standard, this will be a smooth sailing from the go.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It's extremely utterly unlikely this will be the only patch though or, in true RPG-standard, this will be a smooth sailing from the go.

Well. Let's hope the game with the day 1 patch will be solid enough to enjoy the game until the end. Thanks for your fast answers :yes:

Honestly...it's Obsidian. The BB seems remarkably clean of bugs compared to, say, NWN 2 but I'm still expecting some serious work to be done.

• Like 1

It's not just Obsidian, every RPG of a decent size has such issues, even those who questionable have any C&C like Bethesda games.

And it's been always the ones with the hardest troubles at launch (Deus Ex, Bloodlines, KOTOR2 etc.) who have become classics.

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

BG and BG2 had no problems at launch and also became classics. It's hard to predict, really; predicting what game is going to stand the test of time and which are going to disappear in four years is more-or-less a game of chance. My point is that while I have very high hopes and feel pretty good about this game, Obsidian's history still makes me a little bit wary.

I bought both in the store and played them patch-free and never had a single issue with the playing of the game. There were some mechanics problems, etc; but the games weren't buggy in the same sense as KOTOR 2 or VtM:B. Both games were perfectly playable and perfectly stable all the way through without fail; they operated as intended, for me at least--nor did I ever hear about any kind of widespread playability problems or buggines like you constantly hear about with things like NWN 2 or Pools of Radiance.

I bought both in the store and played them patch-free and never had a single issue with the playing of the game. There were some mechanics problems, etc; but the games weren't buggy in the same sense as KOTOR 2 or VtM:B. Both games were perfectly playable and perfectly stable all the way through without fail; they operated as intended, for me at least--nor did I ever hear about any kind of widespread playability problems or buggines like you constantly hear about with things like NWN 2 or Pools of Radiance.

Just for the sake of clarity, Obsidian Entertainment did not work on VtM:B or Pools of Radiance. Don't sweat it though, we get blamed for the bugs in other studio's games all the time.  ;)

• Like 12

Just for the sake of clarity, Obsidian Entertainment did not work on VtM:B or Pools of Radiance. Don't sweat it though, we get blamed for the bugs in other studio's games all the time.  ;)

I didn't mean to imply that, I was just naming buggy games I've played in the past. Even the buggiest of Obsidian's games, though, were amazing and awesome. KOTOR 2, despite all it's issues and flaws, was IMHO actually better than KOTOR. Same with NWN 2 vs NWN: Original Flavor. Pools of Radiance....not so much. :grin:

Edited by Katarack21

BG and BG2 had no problems at launch and also became classics. It's hard to predict, really; predicting what game is going to stand the test of time and which are going to disappear in four years is more-or-less a game of chance. My point is that while I have very high hopes and feel pretty good about this game, Obsidian's history still makes me a little bit wary.

Both BG and BG2 had bugs when they were released and they both still do have unfixed bugs. Like there is some instances where quest triggers don't work right, quest ending conversations that you can loop for infinite xp, items which bonuses didn't disappeared when you took them of which in one instance in BG gave you ability to infinitively drop your AC. There is lot of instances where there are problems with how enemies are loaded to maps. There were doors that didn't always opened. There were also some instances where game just crash in some machines. And so on and so forth.

They weren't most buggiest games that there has been, but they also weren't bug free games that didn't need patching to work as intended.

Both BG and BG2 had bugs when they were released and they both still do have unfixed bugs. Like there is some instances where quest triggers don't work right, quest ending conversations that you can loop for infinite xp, items which bonuses didn't disappeared when you took them of which in one instance in BG gave you ability to infinitively drop your AC. There is lot of instances where there are problems with how enemies are loaded to maps. There were doors that didn't always opened. There were also some instances where game just crash in some machines. And so on and so forth.

They weren't most buggiest games that there has been, but they also weren't bug free games that didn't need patching to work as intended.

There is NO SUCH THING as a completely bug-free game, not since the 8-bit era when a single guy could make a game in a week. I didn't mean BG 1 and 2 were some mythical perfect game; I meant they aren't buggy games and never were buggy games, you can play BG 1 all the way through and never once hit a noticable bug, regardless of patching or not. Same with BG 2; to compare that with KOTOR 2 or VtM:B is disingenuous at best.

You will want to download the Day 1 patch (well, it should automatically download. From what we've been told it will contain more portraits, icons, features and bug fixes among other things.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

I know it sounds ridiculous and counter-productive and even like lazy design, but shipping a technical product is all about whittling the bugs down to as small as unobtrusive as possible.

It's not that the devs don't QA or don't care, it's simply fact that when you're making a large product with millions of lines of code, things will fall through the cracks; and it is nowhere near as simple as just "finding" it.

• Like 1

In re BG2 bugs, I just hit a game-breaking one. Critical path questgiver doesn't show up where he's supposed to because I cleared a dungeon before getting the quest. (I looked it up. It's a known issue.) So LOL at the "BG2 had no issues" thing.

Since I'm too hardcore now to console my way around it, I'll take it as an excuse to start over.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

In re BG2 bugs, I just hit a game-breaking one. Critical path questgiver doesn't show up where he's supposed to because I cleared a dungeon before getting the quest. (I looked it up. It's a known issue.) So LOL at the "BG2 had no issues" thing.

Since I'm too hardcore now to console my way around it, I'll take it as an excuse to start over.

You hit one game-breaking bug by doing the quests out of order? Oh, my, what a buggy game. Exactly the same as VtM:B. How wrong I was in every way.