3 New Screenshots of GameBanshee's Inn

From Obsidian FB page:

"Pillars of Eternity: The Wailing Banshee Inn

It was the largest battle of the War of Defiance, and the imperial army of Aedyr had blockaded the rebel capital of Defiance Bay with its fleet. They chose to invade with ground troops at the weakest point, a poorly fortified position in a district known as Ondra's Gift, which had once been a wetland before being drained and settled.

What the invaders didn't know was that they were being drawn into a trap. Aedyran soldiers stormed the district to find it abandoned, and before they could make sense of it, the dikes behind them were destroyed, and the district was flooded. The army of Aedyr was decimated.

Most of the original district was swept away in the flood, or remains beneath the water, a submerged ruin. One of the only surviving structures was a lighthouse, which now lies at the far end of the farthest dock of Ondra's Gift - and the locals prefer it that way. Those unaware of the local superstitions who pass that way find that their blood runs cold as they near it, and their bodies are overcome with panic. But often they remain paralyzed just long enough to hear the screams from within, and it's the screams that stay with them, haunting their dreams, spawning a host of wild stories - some about vengeful soldier ghosts, some about a lighthouse keeper who never knew to evacuate.

The key to the lighthouse has passed from one naïve would-be owner to the next, often through trickery. The last such victim was a young woman named Niah who had aspirations of converting the lighthouse into an inn that ended as quickly as her workers could flee. Though she still has hopes for it, she has yet to conjure the nerve to set foot inside."

11082325_10152775446231593_6305360319545

11062789_10152775448006593_7410797661277

11084138_10152775448216593_4056646817416

Edited by TrueMenace
  • Like 10

Calibrating...

I'm confused, why there is an active Inn and then a destroyed place in the same location?

2 reasons my friend.

1. Because it's badass

2. Because video games...

Have you seen the Celestial Sapling Inn? That's even more badass and crazy. An inn in a tree!

:)

Edited by TrueMenace
  • Like 1

Calibrating...

I'm confused, why there is an active Inn and then a destroyed place in the same location?

I'm assuming it's a before and after you clear that place out.

• Like 3

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

I'm assuming it's a before and after you clear that place out.

I believe Mazisky was referring to the decrepit state of the district (Ondra's Gift) that the inn is situated in. It doesn't seem like good business practice to open an establishment in an area most people avoid.

Oh man The Wailing Banshee Inn looks badass, I can not wait

to see it for myself in all it's broken down woe filled glory.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

So the screenshot embargo has been lifted? 

Nope. As it says up the top this is from Obsidian's facebook page.

That page also says a launch event is happening, 7pm Pacific, Wednesday night. Hmm ... 

Midnight release I hope,

keep my fingers crossed.

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 1

Jon Irenicus ´

So the screenshot embargo has been lifted?

Nope. As it says up the top this is from Obsidian's facebook page.

That page also says a launch event is happening, 7pm Pacific, Wednesday night. Hmm ...

Midnight release I hope,

keep my fingers crossed.

Game is only coming out 2 PM EST I think (according to Steam).

Calibrating...

Obsidian Entertainment and Paradox Interactive invite our fans and backers to join us for a night of revelry and celebration at the Pillars of Eternity Launch party at the luxurious Sutra Nightclub! After 2.5 years of development Pillars of Eternity will finally go live to the public on March 26th! We would love for you to be there with us as the clock strikes midnight and share in that moment of success.

^ https://www.facebook.com/events/1557953291132697/?ref=98 

Got that from Obsidian's FB page, man I wish I could go to that party, but sadly I work the next day so no drinks for me. Going to play Pillars of Eternity

when I get home from work when it releases, good thing I have the weekend off to stay up. That inn is something I am looking forward to finding myself.

Edited by wolfrider100

Jon Irenicus ´

Interesting. I thought they cannot post content. Seem like they broke the embargo or unless screenshot is okay.

Also we need a spoiler category. The "non-spoiler" is being corrupted.

??

Obsidian posted this lol...

Calibrating...

I think the launch party won't actually release the game, but it's great to see anyway, they deserve it, and deserve to sleep-in the next morning before T-minus zero. 

I would totally cruise up to Orange County, but I have no PoE nerd buddies to come with me and I am a champion wallflower escapist, not an outgoing nightclub mingler ... why do you think I play video games ... :)

• Like 4

All Stop. On Screen.

Take one guess, and you might find the answer!

Looks obvious to me.

Edited by Sensuki