So I was looking through racial bonuses...

And I had one question

How pretty are the Islander Aumaua character models???

Sorta of serious about it since I was considering rolling it anyway as a race and I can't find any backer beta screens of what they look like in game.

It very much seems like for the other guys who are going to be on the min/max wagon on their first playthrough, the equation is Heavy armor=Dwarf, max Intellect classes=Godlike for duration, and every single DPS build in the game wants to take Islander Aumaua, even dex attackers want the Islander ethnic and the 2 might more than the +1 dex bonus.  

Edited by Urthor

They look like Abe Sapien but with pupils.

edit: Wait, no, I think that's the coastal Aumauas. The Islanders look like brown Abe Sapiens with pupils.

Edited by Logos

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt 

Don't like the idea of having teeth as ugly as they have. Even if I chose a picture where they arent visible.

Kana Rua is definitely not a companion I'd like to keep around for longer than needed. tongue.png

Yeah, I am that superficial wink.png

265px-Kana-rua-portrait.jpg?version=8665

Yeah, personally, I don't like the aumaua overall, but Kana Rua really takes the cake in looking like a complete buffoon. He feels like a mix between Anomen and Minsc.

Note that I actually have no idea how he actually is, as very little is known, but damn that's the impression I get. I would've preferred a chanter modeled after Eldoth or Garrick, really. laughing.gif

Well, chosing a race depending on the traits/attributes would be as well. ^^

That's just ridiculous, everyone knows that race is an illusion. There is no such thing as racial traits and attributes. Everyone is created equal and to even suggest anything else is just downright raicist!

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

Yeah, that's like entirely crazy, like if they would do a kobold bard or something.

Yeah, I know, or like some kind of really annoying gnome bard that I just want to stab in the face every time I see him.

So Aumaua are either blue with shark teeth, or basically African American the race judging by https://instagram.com/p/0IwsuZpxx2/

Neato.  Wish the bonuses were reversed because playing that blue guy would be hilarious, but it is what it is.  

Or I could just bite the bullet and play nerfed human but +1 might +1 useless attribute +1 useless ethnicity (I'd have thought that Obsidian would have realised that "procs when your health is low" means "will honestly never proc at all unless you're doing something wrong, the entire point is to avoid getting damaged." 

Decisions decisions

Edited by Urthor

So Aumaua are either blue with shark teeth, or basically African American the race

Not really. The coastal Aumaua are blue and green, the island Aumaua are brown and yellow. They all have shark teeth, webbed appendages, etc.

The Calbandra are the African American's, they are most of the humans in Vaila. I'm not sure you can choose to play as that, though.

The correct term is Rapfrican-American. For real though, the watermelon stereotype is played out and unfunny as well as being racist.

"Dat's raicist".

Seriously though, hah, no. The whole watermelons thing is evocative of certain characteristics, sure, but the point here was the degenerate watermelonist champion, not race. I would not say that aumauans overall look black, for example, it's just that Kana Rua looks like that particular type of buffoon I cannot describe in any other way than I did. With the mouth aghast like that, I cannot possibly think of anything other that would be fitting. The whole thing reminds me of the "we president now"-guy.

For example, I would not say that Pellagina looks like she's hunting for watermelons just because she's black, because she looks like a classy (albeit possibly arrogant and narcissistic) lady, but Kana Rua looks like an utterly stoned murderhobo and this wouldn't change no matter his race or the colour of his skin, I think. :lol:

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg