So what's up with Avian godlike?

Did they give her a racial bonus at all?

Death Godlike = Death's Usher

Fire Godlike = Battle Forged

Moon Godlike = Silver Tide

Nature Godlike = Wellspring of Life

Avian Godlike = ???

Afaik, nope. She also has no special Talents from her Paladin Order, Frermàs mes Canc Suolias, and like all C/NPC Paladins, gets no modifiers to Faith & Conviction.

She does, actually - Elusive Target gives her +10 Deflection against ranged attacks, +3 perception while at <50% Endurance, and some other thing I can't remember at <25% Endurance.

o_O

Yeah, it's almost like the kind of ability we were promised for Godlike! I take that and respec her to a tank-monk with Soul Mirror.

What? Really? I sincerely apologize, I was trying to check for it when I got her but I must've missed it, or I've hit a bug. o_o Or maybe I was just too annoyed by the lack of Order Talents to notice.

Wow, +10 Deflection against Ranged attacks is craze and huge bonuses to Perception while at low Health? Anyone else surprised that Pallegina has one of the hands-down best Godlike racials? :lol: The only one that could remotely compete with that would be Moonlikes, but even that is highly questionable. This is on the level of what all Godlikes should've had.

Big whoop that it's Sawyer's snowflake that got this. :lol:

I was already considering ditching her function as an off-tank in armour and just give her Vailian Clothes and go to town with an Estoc or similar, and with those bonuses, she shouldn't have any trouble at all.

Edit: Oh god.

WDOmu1h.png

"Muh balance!", screamed the Sawyer. "But exploits?", cried the Sawyer. "Mai sueflake.", grinned the Sawyer.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

I think the defining reason is that Sawyer wanted his special snowflake to be speshul.

This.

Pallegina is his waifu and therefore she gets her own unique armor and race.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I think the defining reason is that Sawyer wanted his special snowflake to be speshul.

This.

Well to be fair though, pretty much everyone has unique somethings. It even annoys me a bit that you can't re-enchant that armour of hers because it's not exactly stellar, and I'm a sucker for equipping my characters "appropriately", such as uniforms.

My Edér still has the stuff from the Temple of Eothas, the helmet and the priest's cloak, for that very reason. :D

t50aJUd.jpg

This.

The same, I'm sure, as Haer'dalis or Xan or Aerie or Viconia or Edwin or Anomen or Nalia or ...

I'm not strictly disagreeing with you, but the case for Pallegina being a sue is thin, at best.

Edited by gkathellar
  • Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

This.

The same, I'm sure, as Haer'dalis or Xan or Aerie or Viconia or Edwin or Anomen or Nalia or ...

I'm not strictly disagreeing with you, but the case for Pallegina being a sue is thin, at best.

Yeah, the armour really doesn't matter; a lot of characters have unique bits and pieces of gear. It's really just the super-special race, the crazy racial, the integration in relation to the other CNPC:s, and a lingering feeling. And it's probably more of a snowflake than a Sue.

Haer'Dalis you suuuuuuuuuuuuck

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

I pretty sure in development they said companions should epitomise their race or class. Due to that, I don't think making her a unique race is much of a big deal (I mean lets face it, there's better Godlikes out there already - her ability is good but not exceptional). It's also why Sagani has a fox companion, etc. I'm sure there's more examples of companions having unique and interesting traits, but I'm still in act 1 so I wouldn't know.

• Like 1

I pretty sure in development they said companions should epitomise their race or class. Due to that, I don't think making her a unique race is much of a big deal (I mean lets face it, there's better Godlikes out there already - her ability is good but not exceptional). It's also why Sagani has a fox companion, etc. I'm sure there's more examples of companions having unique and interesting traits, but I'm still in act 1 so I wouldn't know.

Heh, no way. Moonlikes are debatably better, but that's pretty much it. +10 blanket Deflection against ranged attacks is big. +10 Deflection is a lot. To then have Perception +3 kick in at 50% is equal to another +3 Deflection, +9 Interrupt and +6 Reflex. And then she also gets +10 Defence when Disengaging, Engagement attacks being the most ridiculously punishing thing in the game on a systemic level and the thing that would usually prevent her from running away and avoid getting killed.

Sagani having her snow fox and Hiravias his special spiritshift really doesn't compare, because they're not really special in any way, they're functionally comparable to anything the player get, they practically just look different.

t50aJUd.jpg

It's really pretty common for companions to have abilities, backgrounds, and even races that you can't yourself play. In BG I, you could not be a Drow, nor could you be a Beserker--but Viconia and Minsc are those things. You can't play an Avarial in BG II, but Aerie is a thing. You can't be a droid, nor a Wookie, in KOTOR, but your droid companion is awesome (TWO droid companions in KOTOR 2!)...and your Wookie companion exists. Etc, etc.

It's less about a special snowflake and more about making your companions interesting and varied and representative of a wider world.

You sir should go an replay Kotor and Kotor 2 :no:. In Kotor 1 and 2 there are 2 droid characters that are playable in both of the games, T3-M4 and HK-47. T3-M4 being a character that you always get in both of the games while HK-47 in both games was an optional droid you could get, in the first game you could buy him and in the 2nd you had to repair him.

Also on this thread, every single god in the game makes their own "godlike" so to speak seeing as their touch creates different features on the godlikes. We get to pick from 4 and a 5th is shown. But there are a total of atleast 11 gods or maybe more so should they have added 11 different godlikes?

Edited by tobajas89

It's really pretty common for companions to have abilities, backgrounds, and even races that you can't yourself play. In BG I, you could not be a Drow, nor could you be a Beserker--but Viconia and Minsc are those things. You can't play an Avarial in BG II, but Aerie is a thing. You can't be a droid, nor a Wookie, in KOTOR, but your droid companion is awesome (TWO droid companions in KOTOR 2!)...and your Wookie companion exists. Etc, etc.

It's less about a special snowflake and more about making your companions interesting and varied and representative of a wider world.

You sir should go an replay Kotor and Kotor 2 :no:. In Kotor 1 and 2 there are 2 characters that are playable in both of the games, T3-M4 and HK-47. T3-M4 being a character that you always get in both of the games while HK-47 in both games was an optional droid you could get, in the first game you could buy him and in the 2nd you had to repair him.

But that's what he said. There are droid companions, but your character can't be a droid, making these companions more special. You avoid overlapping specialization that way.

You sir should go an replay Kotor and Kotor 2 :no:. In Kotor 1 and 2 there are 2 characters that are playable in both of the games, T3-M4 and HK-47. T3-M4 being a character that you always get in both of the games while HK-47 in both games was an optional droid you could get, in the first game you could buy him and in the 2nd you had to repair him.

But that's what he said. There are droid companions, but your character can't be a droid, making these companions more special. You avoid overlapping specialization that way.

If you read what he wrote and what I wrote as a response, he say's that in Kotor you get "one" droid companion, and Kotor 2 you get "TWO" droid companions. In both of the game you have the exact same two droid companions. Thats why I said he should replay it since he a) dont remember it correctly or b) he never found the two droids in the first game.

• 10 months later...

If you read what he wrote and what I wrote as a response, he say's that in Kotor you get "one" droid companion, and Kotor 2 you get "TWO" droid companions. In both of the game you have the exact same two droid companions. Thats why I said he should replay it since he a) dont remember it correctly or b) he never found the two droids in the first game.

Actually, you and I were both wrong. In Kotor 1 you get 2; in Kotor 2 you get *3*. T3-M4, HK-47...and G0-T0. I forgot about HK-47 in Kotor 2, to be honest, because the fetch quest is pretty fricking annoying and I rarely do it. :-D

I like the fact we can't pick Avian godlike on creation screen, it makes Pallegina more interesting and unique flavored character. Same goes with Sagani's pet fox, and Hiravias spiritshift form. I only wish all companions had a unique trait or perk.

Edited by Buzda

I figured that all godlikes were rare, and that we only see so many of the "regular" types because of reward characters.

^ This.

How many moon/fire/nature godlike NPCs are even in the game if you don't count backer NPCs? I can't actually think of any on the spot.

Just gold-plated godlikes everywhere.

That's what happens when you let over a hundred fans design an NPC each - they all want to make theirs stand out and be special, and so a disproportionate percentage of them will go for the most funky and "rare" race/class/etc options.

• Like 1

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

There's the death godlike with a party you meet in Magran's Fork.

Edited by illathid
  • Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer