Will the forum be spoiler safe?

Pillars of Eternity will come out in a few days and even though I will be playing it like mad, I expect it will take me at least two weeks to finish my first playthrough.

It would be awesome to visit this forum and join in on discovering this game in between playing sessions, but I'm afraid that I won't be able to dodge late game spoilers.

How are you guys going to deal with spoilers? Wíll you ħide from the spoilers and live under a rock like I'm considering?

Well this forum should be free of spoilers.  That's if the mods actually do their job.  =\

Indeed.

From experience, however, I don't think anywhere is safe. There will always be some idiots posting spoilers even in specifically spoiler-free sections. I won't be coming here for that exact reason, except to maybe report a bug/glitch or something, immediately after release.

I've already informed my fiance she might not see me for two days baring forays for tea. I doubt the forums will be higher in priority, with the possible exception of looking for help with a specific quest or something.

• Like 1

Keep your forum incursions as brief as possible before your first playthrough. Even then it might not be enough.

For Firedorn all the Lads grieve

This Adam woke up next to Eve.

But beneath leaves of Fig,

He found Berries and Twig,

So Himself off a cliff he did heave.

I'll be avoiding the forums for a month (nothing personal guys :p )

There's always the chance that someone'll post a terribly spoilery thread-title like "I can't believe the Orlan turned into a dragon at the end!" and it'll be the top post of a spoilers allowed forum and it'll show up on the main forum menu page... ... ... so yep, paranoia and cynicism will keep me safe ;)

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

AVOID FORUMS AT ALL COSTS..

All it takes is a bolded underline forum subject from a troll in order to spoil the game for you... like JOFFREY DIES IN SEASON THREE or something..

I know the forums are fun.. but avoid them at all costs until you're at the very least done one playthrough!!

It's easy for trolls to spoil game.

Three years of waiting ruined by spoiler..

• Like 4

Remember 2 things, there have to be a part of forum with Spoilers some people with run in some troubles sometime they will not know it is an bug or something else and secondly there will be trolls that will want to ruins the game for other players.

Edited by GrayAngel

I'll repeat what I posted earlier:

"I have spent days now pre-planning my first build, and I reckon I have finally settled on one that I think we will work well for a first playthrough with companions and interesting options in dialogues and scripted events.

Another neurotic habit is not visiting forums such as these when all the player posts, bug reports and reviews and playthroughs roll in like a huge spoiler tsunami, so you'll probably not hear from me in a while. original.gif

Warning, folks! Our super-diligent Sensuki already has a copy of them game (which is of course great, for him at least - lucky bastard), and he plans to upload vids on it like tomorrow, so while I'd love to watch them, I certainly won't in the next couple of weeks or so."

This will be great guys, so avoid spoilers here for quite a while and enjoy! :yes:

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Sensuki: Cool! I might have a looksie or two then. :)

However, I have been pretty good at sliding through such videos extensively and muddle my attention when it comes to the story and anything meaty content-wise, so I'll see what I do. I'll try to keep my first playthrough as virginal as possible.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

There is one really simple answer.

Will the forum be spoiler safe?

No.

No it will not.

"Luckily" (Q_Q) I will probably be going away for Easter, as my gf's mother has paid for a trip to visit them in Germany. This means that come release, I'll probably only be able to play for a day or two, and that still assumes that Bester will be able to push out the IE Mod in a day, which is pretty far from a given, and then I'll come back on the 6th or 7th. I can't complain, since it's at least a week where I won't have to pay for food (yay, povertyyy) but damn I'll miss the launch-y stuff.

But yeah. From the 23rd to, like, the 31st, at the very least, this place will not be a safe place to be for spoilers. Even past that it'll be a minefield, especially for the whole first month at least, and even with supposedly "spoiler free" forum sections, no way, no how that they won't spill over with people making allusions to in-game circumstances and so on.

I wonder what the plan is to do with the beta sections. I would prefer it if we keep a report forum. A lot of forums have a Technical Issues forum (and we have one too, in a way) but I think we really should continue the "beta" "lifestyle" on the forum. Could any of the mods chime in and tell us what's going to happen to the various sections, are we getting new sections, will the old ones be deleted or just locked, etc?

t50aJUd.jpg

let us begin the spoilerfest

WARNING, MAJOR SPOILER!!!

at the end of the game you get to see the credits roll!

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Oh, it's going to be like that, is it?

At the start of the game, you get to create your own character!

Yes, your very own, and it's an important choice in itself...

*Dark-clothed silent men with baklavas barge into my room and sweeps me away in a straight jacket, after having gagged me and blind-folded me. Apparently, I've said too much.* 

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

I'm pretty optimistic about the non-spoiler section remaining spoiler free. The Dragon Age:Inquisition forums likely get a whole lot more activity than this one and I've never seen any incidents there. Of course, it only takes one huge troll to have something very spoilerish appearing on the boards and staying there for a few minutes before it gets removed, but the chances of you reading the forums just in the timespan of those few minutes shouldn't be very large (assuming you only go there a couple of times per day and spend most of your time actually playing the game ;) ). As long as you're not the type of person who's afraid to get struck by lightning while walking the street during an average thunderstorm, I don't think you should worry here either :)

No Obsidian Forums visit till a full-playthrough... I'll post my list of bugs then, might aswell one thread for all than for each individual :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Anyone know if Obsidian are going to re-organize their subforums for PoE? Spoiler and Spoiler-free subforums are needed soon. As well as subforums for "Gameplay Help", "Quest Help", etc.

Edited by TrueMenace

Calibrating...

We already have spoiler and non-spoiler boards?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee