Uhh...why does the Wiki now say Res gives +Duration, Int only +AoE?

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Character_creation

The Wiki page for the attributes was recently updated and I discovered something interesting, but not sure if it's true since I haven't seen any dev post confirming this? I wonder who edited the wiki for this part?

Apparently, Intellect now gives +/- 6% AoE Size and Resolve gets the +/- 5% Duration

Again, can't find a dev post on this anywhere. I mean, it's a nice change for sure IMO. Some classes benefit more from the AoE than Duration (i.e. Barbarian Carange) and vice versa or both. Not sure if this is a legit change or what because no proof. Kind of confused. Is this taken from an old BB build or am I dreaming? Could be some error on the editor's part?

I know it's never a good idea to trust the gampedia wiki becuase a lot of crap is outdated or incorrect, but I was concerned here because that part was recently updated.

Edited by TrueMenace

Calibrating...

Not sure.  That wiki has been almost aggressively inaccurate and inconsistent to the point that I've been taking information on it as more along the line of speculation subject to change rather than fact. 

If it is true, I'm not sure why no one with bb480 mentioned it, as it significantly alters a lot of character builds.

Edited by Voss
  • Like 1

Not sure.  That wiki has been almost aggressively inaccurate and inconsistent to the point that I've been taking information on it as more along the line of speculation subject to change rather than fact. 

If it is true, I'm not sure why no one with bb480 mentioned it, as it significantly alters a lot of character builds.

No, it's not the same as the BB 480. Maybe the editor has some inside information or what for the new Day 1 Patch?

Calibrating...

Fixed

Thanks, but looks like the descriptions are also wrong now. How did the formatting affect the error?

Also, did you guys read the Perception description? 

"Perception represents a character's senses as well as their instinctive ability to pick up on details. In interactions, it can be used to catch someone in a lie, to make an observant comment about their appearance, or to notice something happening in the background. In combat, it grants a bonus to Accuracy with all attacks, contributes to the Reflexes defense, and increases the Range of all non-melee spells, abilities, and attacks."

+Accuracy

+Reflex

+Increased Range

Troll editing or what???

Edited by TrueMenace

Calibrating...

I don't think it was a formatting error, though- the user in question cut the duration bit out of Int and moved it into Res.  If you dig into the changelog (the last one for the 21st, actually, the stuff on the 22nd was mostly gender), it is a deliberate cut/paste with little else happening.

It was (and is still) changed on the on other attributes page as well.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Attribute

Edited by Voss

Keep in mind the wiki has lots of mistakes because there have been hundreds of changes over the course of development. Currently I wouldn't go by what it says.

Edited by Sensuki

I don't think it was a formatting error, though- the user in question cut the duration bit out of Int and moved it into Res.

It was (and is still) changed on the on other attributes page as well.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Attribute

Yea what's funny is that these fake changes are kind of good lol.

Calibrating...

Keep in mind the wiki has lots of mistakes because there have been hundreds of changes over the course of development. Currently I wouldn't go by what it says.

Isn't separating +AoE size and +Duration into separate attributes a good thing now? Makes Resolve less of a dump stat. Classes who just want to focus on pure duration can get resolve or who want pure AoE and don't care about duration would pump Int like a Carnage Barbarian build.

Calibrating...

Oh, I don't.  I definitely view it as fluffed speculation.

It would be nice if there were somewhere with a nice and accurate breakdown of what does what and how things function.  In text, so it is usable as a reference.  

Things have changed so much that I very much doubt even a (theoretical) manual or game guide presents an accurate picture of the game mechanics on launch.

Which, personally, is a problem. I like to plot out my character choices from beginning to end beforehand, so I don't get blindsided by seemingly nice sounding abilities turning out to be traps.

Edited by Voss

Bumping.  Because the manual just became available on Steam, and it also says that Duration is now governed by Resolve.  Just thought this may want to be discussed some more.  

EDIT:  The Manual could be out of date because the Chanter still has Aefyllath Ues Mith Fyr as a level 1 Phrase.  I am unsure.  

Resolve • A character’s inner drive, determination, and the emotional intensity they can project to others. Affects Concentration (to resist Interrupts), Durations of all spells and abilities, and the Will defense.

Edited by Ganrich

Will the physical copies also grt errata or can we just throw them in trash?

Obviously you can do whatever you want, barring actual crimes.

Well to be fair, he can actually do crime, too.

And Batman can choose to fight them. Illegally.

t50aJUd.jpg