To all of those who are DEMANDING that the game release early

I've seen many posts of people asking to release the game early

Well unfortunately it's not going to happen. There are procedures regarding game releases and releasing early might allow some people to play ahead of time, but anger a lot of others.

There's only a few more days until game comes out and you can then play the game every day for the rest of your lives, so these couple of days leading to the game's release isn't such a long time to wait in that perspective.

Anyway there is lots of stuff you can do while waiting for game to come out:

1) The Official Wiki and the Orcz Wiki have lots of good info about the game so you can learn more about characters, mechanics, locations, etc (just watch for spoilers)

2) You can hang out around the forum and help answer other people's questions about the game

3) You can go spend some time with family/friends/loved ones, since you wont be spending any time with them once game comes out

The Unofficial Pillars of Eternity Wiki - Community/Fan Maintained!

It's called being hyped PBJam (Not demands, but the hype takes many shapes and forms).

Let me tap into my hype for a second and I'll show you what it looks like:

RELEASE IT NOW! THIS VERY SECOND NOW I WANT IT IN MY STEAM LIBRARY NOW!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!

*deep breathe* Zen... Zen *huff huff*

... see? It's just hype. 26th of March is just around the corner... SOON O_O

:p

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 2

Well seeing as people are already getting physical copies in ****ing Russia already I think they can release the digitial version NOW.

If you're talking about that video in the other thread, it's Polish. Thanks for generalizing about us.

Physical copies breaking official release isn't unheard of. You'll get your game soon enough.

This is the retail box (I've never seen it either, so it's new to me too!) which just contains a steam version of the game, and is locked, so they can't play yet. Backers are going to receive a different box and package. 

Well, there's that.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I worked at GAME for some time, and it was pretty common to get game boxes a few days before release dates, in some cases a week before release time. So we had to keep the boxes in the store and wait to the release date to sell them, because not doing so would get us in serious trouble. Some notable cases of that happening more or less recently include Diablo 3 or GTA V. I remember people itching and bouncing around the shop, knowing we had the boxes at the store but we couldn't give them out. In fact, if you were caught selling the game (to a friend, for example) before the release date, you would get a very serious warning, or straight out FIRED. Some stores (like GAME) went as far as making release events where they would open at 00:00 for people to be able to legally buy their copy just the minute the clock ticked to the day of the official release date.

I don't know who is the guy in that other thread unboxing PoE, but you can be sure that Obsidian isn't happy at all about it, and if they find out how it happened, they'll make sure it doesn't happen again. The official release date is 26th, and that's the date where the public will be allowed to play the game. 

Now, some developers offer their buyers some head-start access to the game as a lure for early sales and pre-orders, but this wasn't the case, it was never stated that backers or pre-orders would get any head start, so that pretty much shuts down any debate in that respect.

Edited by Emerwyn
  • Like 3

I agree, the game shouldn't be released early, specially since they are probably working in a day one patch, so the game itself is "dynamic" content (in the sense that it's gonna be updated).

However, I think the "static", non-spoiler content that won't be updated, specially lore products like the Collector's book and Almanac should have been released already to backers, at least in pdf version, in the products secion of our accounts. Because as far as I know all backers who opted for a physical edition will get pdf versions too anyway.

Well seeing as people are already getting physical copies in ****ing Russia already I think they can release the digitial version NOW.

They announced months ago that release date would be the 26th of March. Christmas is not going to be moved.

And the physical copy is just a coaster until then anyway.

Ah, if only they released it yesterday - they could've made a halfhearted argument that they did indeed release on time. In the winter that started in 2014.

It is on time, no release date was ever mentioned as definitive until the 26th of March. On the 26th of March it will be released. Before then it was rough estimates. I don't know why now, months after the release date was announced, we have all this butthurt about it. What? Months was not sufficient for absorbing this information? People cannot wait a few days?

Not necessarily directed at you Ark Evenson, I think you were just kidding around :p

Edited by Valmy
  • Like 1

No specific date, no - but "Winter of This Year, Definitely" was bandied about last autumn - which was delayed to "Early 2015" later on. Don't remember the exact timing of the announcements, but there was a delay, no doubt.

But yes, just having a bit of fun. I can wait 4 more days (and 5 hours!? HRNNNG.) Just thought it'd be a hilarious disingenuous attempt at saving face to release on March 20th and proudly proclaim "We Made Our Target! Winter 2014! Woo!" (Maybe especially because I don't believe there is any need to 'save face'.)

(Sorry for you Southern Hemispherians, but you should be used to the rest of the world using seasons to identify a part of the year that's just not right, like, at all.)

Edited by Ark Evensong
  • Like 1

Any info on this day one patch I've been hearing about? Non spoilerish info that is. 

Standard Game Development 101?

Well, since the era of interwebs anyway.

Or to clarify, non-spoilerish, a "Day-one patch" fixes issues found between going gold and release.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Or to clarify, non-spoilerish, a "Day-one patch" fixes issues found between going gold and release.

Perhaps 'scheduled' to be fixed after gold, rather than 'found', might also be accurate.

The only thing Brandon revealed about Day One patch is a revised Enchanting UI. Of course it won't be the only thing.  

All Stop. On Screen.

All retail discs are Steam only. The game won't be playable until we release the game on Steam on the 26th.

Booooo.

I know, I know, I know you've said that before, but I felt an unrelenting urge to voice my displeasure with the copies being Steam only. It affects me in no way, but I'd be incredibly disappointed had I actually paid for a physical copy.

t50aJUd.jpg

Perhaps 'scheduled' to be fixed after gold, rather than 'found', might also be accurate.

The only thing Brandon revealed about Day One patch is a revised Enchanting UI. Of course it won't be the only thing.  

You would be correct... my bad.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee