PoE Embargo ends March 23rd, Backers wait for the 26th?

That doesnt even bother me not to take this off topic..I can ignore the reviews an the watch now things..How ever whats with the 80 dollar champion package..A bit extreme..Hope backers get what is ever in that for free..We made this happen..

Since you're a backer, if you have confirmed your pledge in your account page, you can check the "Orders" section and if you click your order (if you have confirmed the pledge, the order should be there), you'll see a breakdown of everything you're gonna get, according to the amount of money you pledged back in the day.

For example, when I confirmed my pledge I got an order with a price of 80 $, and I can tell you it contains everything the steam royal edition has, and a couple more things. So backers are getting all the rewards that were included in their pledge, no worries about that.

First

It just feels like we should be the ones getting the game first, or at the very least, the same time as the famous. /rant

IGN and Giantbomb are getting copies, not Leonardo DiCaprio.

Kickstarter or no, this is just how it works. 

I should have been more specific. I'm not talking about reviewers. It's bull**** that BIG NAME twitchers and youtubers get a copy before Backers. Hell most of them are probably going to force play the game just because they got paid to.

Which Twitch and youtube personas are you talking about? game reviewers like for example AJ? and which of them is getting paid to make a review? wtf are you smoking dude?

I smoke standard cigarettes for the record. I'm talking about LPers, not reviewers. And I'd rather not say who they are because it's irrelevant and there's too many of them. Twitter is an awesome source for gossip btw. And I made up the thing about them being paid. hahahah

I would rather wait those few extra days so day 1 patch is ready.

i'm optimistic, but i'm waiting for one more patch, their whiteboard is pretty full!

plus, i'd rather play on my mac since its mobile and they've been having some mac issues so im gonna wait and see.

Edited by Falkon Swiftblade

You got a press version Sensuki? Awesome you deserve it. Once I have beaten the game I look forward to checking out your LP

I'm not sure if I'm going to do an LP at this stage - my focus will be on trying to help improve reception and the best way I can do that is to make a comprehensive beginner guide, so that when the game unlocks for everyone, there's something that people can watch to help them understand how things work / how to play.

• Like 20

At this point, Obsidian should really just send people like OP their 25$ and have them shut the hell up. Hard to understand that anyone can be so small minded and butthurt. By Odin's beard you're pathetic. Have some class.

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 5

There's a reason for that though.

That reason is because there will be press members who are backers, and press members who are not. If the backers get the game before the press, and some of the press are backers - it only takes one press member to break the embargo and publish content on their site for a whole sh1tstorm to happen, and this is what happened for Double Fine Adventure, who (thankfully, for everyone else) were the first to encounter this issue on Kickstarter, and it meant that press started publishing reviews based on a clearly unfinished version of Part 1 (even though you could consider Part 1 unfinished).

This no doubt hurt the reception of the game, and probably contributed to their relatively small sales numbers.

The press review games in exchange for page views, which generates advertising dollars and are more used to seeing unfinished work. Developers need reviews to help sell their game. Developers give them early access to preserve this relationship, otherwise press many not bother reviewing a game if they don't think it's going to generate the pageviews.

The wait between them getting the game and you getting the game isn't actually very long, they only got it last week. You get it this week. That's pretty good, all things considering.

• Like 10

I should have been more specific. I'm not talking about reviewers. It's bull**** that BIG NAME twitchers and youtubers get a copy before Backers. Hell most of them are probably going to force play the game just because they got paid to.

I am not a BIG NAME twitcher, and I will be producing youtube content on the same day (from the press version).

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but you are not part of the press right? also what did they say about the embargo? no content can be streamed or shown until the 23rd (and content is limited up to stronghold until 26th?)?

I'm curious how it all works. I know you can't say much around the NDA, I'm just wondering what impact the embargo has exactly. Can you install and play your press copy? Or will it not open up for the press to play until the 23rd, when the stream embargo is partially lifted?

I'm curious how it all works. I know you can't say much around the NDA, I'm just wondering what impact the embargo has exactly. Can you install and play your press copy? Or will it not open up for the press to play until the 23rd, when the stream embargo is partially lifted?

They get the full version of the game, there are no restrictions of how they can play the content. Obsidian/Paradox are trusting that these people signing the NDA will abide by the agreement. Sensuki could easily stream beyond the Stronghold embargo and we all could see it...there is nothing within the copy he has that prevents him from doing so.

He would however face legal action from Obsidian/Paradox if he or those with press copies were to do so.

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but you are not part of the press right? also what did they say about the embargo? no content can be streamed or shown until the 23rd (and content is limited up to stronghold until 26th?)?

That's right (I'm not part of the professional press and there is an embargo until the 23rd). I will be complying with the embargo rules.

I am going to do a fairly spoiler free guide to mechanics and gameplay that will most likely only include material you would have already seen from the E3 Demo and the Jesse Cox stream.

From people who've never played these types of games before, to people who are really good at the IE games - I hope that my guide will have some value to everyone in between. You should be able to, after watching it - jump into the game with less of a steep initial learning curve to the mechanics and rules.

Edited by Gorgon
  • Like 14

You got a press version Sensuki? Awesome you deserve it. Once I have beaten the game I look forward to checking out your LP

I'm not sure if I'm going to do an LP at this stage - my focus will be on trying to help improve reception and the best way I can do that is to make a comprehensive beginner guide, so that when the game unlocks for everyone, there's something that people can watch to help them understand how things work / how to play.

While I'm sure you will produce some useful or maybe even good/great content, I am very curious why you have this opportunity?

If you have indeed signed a non-disclosure agreement and/or simply will not comment further, I will confess to being rather disgusted.

Not all of them. I've heard that John Carmack, person-to-person-like, is a ****. Doesn't mean he's not brilliant, he just has the same thing going on as Trent Reznor or Maynard Keenan in that he's good, he knows he's good, and he's a **** about it.

While I'm sure you will produce some useful or maybe even good/great content, I am very curious why you have this opportunity?

If you have indeed signed a non-disclosure agreement and/or simply will not comment further, I will confess to being rather disgusted.

You're disgusted? What have you done for this game? So you backed the game. You got the game for under half price. How does that entitle you to getting it early? I can't stand Sensuki most of the time, but he's done a lot for this game, you can see that for yourself if you look through these forums.
  • Like 2

You're disgusted? What have you done for this game? So you backed the game. You got the game for under half price. How does that entitle you to getting it early? I can't stand Sensuki most of the time, but he's done a lot for this game, you can see that for yourself if you look through these forums.

I disagree with a lot--and I mean a LOT--of the things Sensuki has to say. That being said, he's done a hell of a lot for this game--almost enough to be an honorary dev with the sheer amount of bugs he's pointed out, if nothing else. Not to mention if he signed an NDA, he literally is not legally allowed to say anything. Being disgusted because he's refusing to break a contract is kind of dumb.

• Like 1

For members who've are only recently posted, it's necessary that we approve the posts.  I don't like approving posts that cite specific members by name.  Sensuki has indeed posted a lot of suggestions.  I'm not employed by Obsidian but, as a backer and a member, I also appreciate his input.  I often also disagree with his input.  In either case, please don't make this about specific member and make it about the game.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hey I've been around just about as long as any of you, though I have obviously not been particularly active on these forums outside of lurking. I don't doubt Sensuki has been providing tons of feedback and discussion, going by his number of posts - I am just curious why he has been awarded in such a fashion because I have never heard of such a practice before. I suppose it arguably speaks to the benefit of Obsidian if they granted him a copy early because he is an active forum member, but that still doesn't make any sense to me.

Is it wrong to be curious about such a thing?

I only specifically "cite" a member because he called attention to himself in this topic. I wouldn't have even known about it, much less posted, if he hadn't. He hasn't done anything wrong and I have nothing against the man or woman, since I don't know them, but it is a practice that I do not understand.

Giving him the NDA to sign, if that is what has happened, is what disgusts and puzzles me.