Giving Away 2 copies on my YouTube Channel

Hey guys, I was a gold level backer and I have some extra copies of the game I've decided I'd give away two copies of Pillars of Eternity to subscribers of my YouTube channel so thought some here might be interested.

To Enter:

1) Subscribe to my channel before March 27th @ 12pm Eastern US

2) Comment (on the YouTube video) what your favorite video on this channel is.

3) On March 27th, 2x entries will be randomly picked and will be informed via YouTube message.

• Like 2

I did something similar for Wasteland 2, minus the youtube bit, on the Steam forums. Looking at the play stats for the two people I gave them to (17 hour and under 7 hours), I do regret giving it to people who apparently didn't enjoy it as much as me. I also wonder if it's people like me, who were giving away their extra keys, who resulted in the game not selling as well as it otherwise might have. If I were to do it again, personally I'd try to find people who really, really wanted the game so that hopefully they'd get into it more.

Edited by Avantre
  • Like 2

Hey guys, I was a gold level backer and I have some extra copies of the game I've decided I'd give away two copies of Pillars of Eternity to subscribers of my YouTube channel so thought some here might be interested.

To Enter:
1) Subscribe to my channel before March 27th @ 12pm Eastern US
2) Comment (on the YouTube video) what your favorite video on this channel is.
3) On March 27th, 2x entries will be randomly picked and will be informed via YouTube message.

ffffff

I'm a Gold, I should do this for my Stream.

Or just wait for Desert Bus.

Probably Desert Bus.

I did something similar for Wasteland 2, minus the youtube bit, on the Steam forums. Looking at the play stats for the two people I gave them to (17 hour and under 7 hours), I do regret giving it to people who apparently didn't enjoy it as much as me. I also wonder if it's people like me, who were giving away their extra keys, who resulted in the game not selling as well as it otherwise might have. If I were to do it again, personally I'd try to find people who really, really wanted the game so that hopefully they'd get into it more.

Thanks for the advice but I knew the expectation at the start of this.  Giveaways always bring out the unsavory.  I would expect as much with the steam forums, they can be pretty bad.  I would think the official game forums are slightly better but who knows, I am at least gaining something too here.  I have half a dozen copies, several already went to people I know will play the game.  With that said, Wasteland 2 was pretty buggy at release which turned off many, I didn't play past a couple hours until patch 1.3 or 1.4.