Digital Download Keys: When?

I know game doesn't launch till the 26th, but I am use to having the key way ahead of the game so as to have it ready for download on my preferred download provider.

I paid for the signed collectors edition, but it includes a 'digital download key'. Please tell me the key isn't 'in the package'. This would....well, just be silly.

Really hoping I missed an e-mail or update somewhere that explains how to get access to our keys so we can be go for launch day.

The key isn't in the packet. Balder said Monday or Tuesday we should get the keys (tentative).

edit: Once they give us the key it will show up in the backer's portal on the official website.

Edited by morhilane
  • Like 3

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Any word on exactly when the game will be available to download? Will it be at midnight on the 25th?

I have that whole Thursday off work, but I've promised to spend it with my (bah!) family, after which I won't be free to play again for days.

Will it be possible to start the download at midnight? I could then wake up early and play for a few hours before having to waste the rest of the day on the pointlessness that is interaction with other living breathing human beings.

DID YOU KNOW: *Missing String*

Probably only playable when Steam updates (usually around 7PM here in Europe). Seriously doubt a midnight release, not to mention there would be around 24 different midnights in the world :)

Surely it's a midnight release somewhere.

Don't expect to get in earlier in Australia than the US though...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I would love to hear their reasoning on why backers don't get it a couple days early?

Because some press are backers. They only release to backers on the 26th, and special press copies go out to press who agree to the embargo. They want a lot of hype around the game at launch.

I don't agree with it but that seems to be the explanation Badler gave on the other thread about the embargo.

Press, PR... HOW DOES IT WORK?

Aaaanyway... I don't understand the fetish of modern gamers to want to play games before they are done... do you WANT to play half-baked bugridden messes? Would KOTOR2 in the modern day be called the best pre-release game ever, and put on a golden standard for giving it to us 2 months before it was ready?

I really don't get it... It's not like they can finish it days sooner *just for you*. There's something called TIME which doesn't work that way. So unless you got a magic DeLorean somewhere...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Any word on exactly when the game will be available to download? Will it be at midnight on the 25th?

I have that whole Thursday off work, but I've promised to spend it with my (bah!) family, after which I won't be free to play again for days.

Will it be possible to start the download at midnight? I could then wake up early and play for a few hours before having to waste the rest of the day on the pointlessness that is interaction with other living breathing human beings.

Word on the street is that it will only be available at 5PM GMT. I was thinking of taking the day off but that means a 1PM ET release on Thursday provided Steam doesn't blow it like they did with Darkest Dungeon. Not sure if it's worth it (for me) to take the day off work. I would have loved a midnight release...

Aaaanyway... I don't understand the fetish of modern gamers to want to play games before they are done... do you WANT to play half-baked bugridden messes? Would KOTOR2 in the modern day be called the best pre-release game ever, and put on a golden standard for giving it to us 2 months before it was ready?

I really don't get it... It's not like they can finish it days sooner *just for you*. There's something called TIME which doesn't work that way. So unless you got a magic DeLorean somewhere...

You think getting it two days early is before it is done?  really?

"Day 1 patch"... google it ;)

^

Apparently they do. Have you seen Steam Greenlight?

ZING!

EDIT: Only the sexiest of kobolds double post. If you catch my meaning. 

Edited by DCParry

Apparently they do. Have you seen Steam Greenlight?

ZING!

EDIT: Only the sexiest of kobolds double post. If you catch my meaning. 

That's not what Steam Greenlight is for. That's to support games during their development. There's the option of playing some games during their Greenlight period, but the idea is really to let the developer get user feedback from people who felt strongly about the game. It's kind of like Kickstarter, only implemented a hell of a lot more intelligently.

I would love to hear their reasoning on why backers don't get it a couple days early?

Because that wouldn't be the release date? 

Rules are RULES people, sheesh. 

Rules?  Is their a book they have to follow on when  to release to the public?

Day one patch could be done before the release date and most likely will be....it isn't a concrete "day 1" patch....it is just things they have fixed since going gold.  Google it.

So, a day-1 patch can just be released before cause reasons. Patches don't magically transmute through time, so they can't be done faster, as neither games can.

Do you understand the concept of time? (it works one way, not the other)

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^