Movement speed

dukefx

Can anyone enlighten me, please, how it works? According to my tests movement speed bonuses do not work at all.

I tried 2 boots with +1.1 and +1.3. I had a character hit a guard and ran away. The results were the same with and without movement speed bonuses: the guard caught up quickly.

Same thing happened with Zealous Charge. I didn't try Fast Runner, but I doubt it'd be any different.

So, either movement speed bonuses are bugged or the base movement speed is something like 100 and you won't even notice a mere +1.1 increase.

Did anyone test this?

It's entirely possible no-one's noticed, because movement isn't really a big thing in PoE.

But I'm not bitter or anything.

Agreed, because of how engagement works in this game, you should skip/ignore/forget any and all movement speed granting abilities/talents/potions/enchantments/etc.

A strong example of this is the Barbarian's Wild Sprint...what's the point? And it's made worse that it's a friggen per rest ability!

Calibrating...

The guard has cheat speed

He's faster than your PC even if you have the plus movement speed talent but wear the same armor as him.

If you run in clothes or naked (with talent) then you should be faster.

:dancing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S58tSEq37Jg

Edited by Striped_Wolf

I didn't know armor affected movement speed (had leather armor and even tried naked, so if it has an impact then my char should have been faster). Never noticed such, although I rarely have beta access so I rather focus on things that interest me.  I might have been too hasty with Zealous Charge since I attacked and ran. The guard caught up in 2 seconds. It may have an activation delay, I don't know, didn't pay that much attention. Those 2 boots however should be noticeable if +2 is noticeable.

With the Engagement and Movement Recovery, shouldnt speed actually be more valuable than ever?

Because when you really do need to move, you wanna make sure to get the most out of it.

No. Movement is such a bad decision in such a vast majority of situations that you just simply do not want to move. While it is true that yeah, when you really do need to move, you probably really need to move, but at that point, Engagement and Movement Recovery has stopped mattering, you just need to move, whether your recovery goes down the drain or whether you're Engaged or not.

I can't think of any bonus to movement speed that would make up for that.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

The idea was to create a character that is fast enough to reach the back line before the war of the sitting ducks begins.

Practically speaking, this will either be impossible (or just as hard), or easy to do without +Movement speed anyway.

t50aJUd.jpg